+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week

Default Painful braxton hicks.

This may seem really silly but I have never had braxton hicks before this pregnancy as I have had 2 premmies with pprom

My braxton hicks are lasting over a minute long and they are so painful I can't walk through them and feel like vomiting when I have them.

They are not regular so not real contractions. Is it normal for them to be so painful?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 28 weeks and I had a really strong painful BH the other day. I had to stop what I was doing and it lasted about a minute. I remember having them with my previous preganancies as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not sure about normal but I had this from 33 weeks. It was a PITA. For me it was happening daily and they were regular for hours at a time. They weren't as painful as you are describing but the further towards birth I got (gave birth at 37+2) the worse they got. I believe that it was actually prelabour though rather than BH.

Talk to your dr/midwife about some panadeine forte or other painkiller, I had to take it to get some relief.
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 11-11-2014 at 17:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you sure they're braxton hicks?

I never had them with dd1 (didn't have real contractions until 8cm either), so I thought that I was having bh with dd2 but it was labour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    All I know is that they hurt. I had to walk out of an exam and take a security guard so i could swear and be bent over in pain outside the exam room today. I am the type who can break bones and feel like a level 2 pain so this was quite extreme.

I am 33 weeks and ouchy/ They only last for like 1minute each and come for about 20 minutes then stop until a few hours later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fingers crossed they are just bh and go away so you can rest before bub arrives

7. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Maxwell's Silver Hammer  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't say that level of pain was normal for BH. I get loads of BH and I either have zero pain, or at worst dull cramping. Mine also have no noticeable pattern to them, they are random. If I was having that type of activity I would be more inclined to think it was pre-labour, and be starting to think real labour wasn't too far off. Probably worth getting checked out I would have thought.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like bh. Like pp said, I was in labour and just thought it was bh until they went to 5 mins apart.
    I was getting 8-10 a day from 34w. For a minute or longer.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kazza78 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    rest?

i get no maternity leave. I has to work and work and work unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had no noticeable BH with dd1 or dd2, had painful BH from about 33wks onwards with DS. Sometimes they would be regular and painful and 2-5mins apart, I could have sworn he was going to come early, nope he came at 39+6 still :-/

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Trooper For This Useful Post: