+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm in the exact same situation. 37 wks preg. My patience with him is surprisingly very good, but it really takes a lot out of me and I have no idea how I will factor a newborn into this.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have just been where you were. I now have a 5 week old DS2 and DS1 who is now 21 months old, so 20 month gap.

I had days towards the end of pregnancy I just wanted to give it all in and admit defeat. Hell I have days like that now to - like yesterday, think crying to a stranger in the shops with a tantrumming toddler.

But then there's other days like today where both kids have slept well and at the same time, I've done cooking and baking, washing and swept and mopped the floors, all with DS1's help.

I think you just have to admit that some days will be sh!t, either with 1 or 2 kids.

Turn on the tv or go outside if it's not to hot, my toddler always loves it outside and is awesome as soon as he's out there.

Also my DS1 will often act out if bored, so instead of letting it drive me bonkers I've been coming up with new things to do and keep him busy, drawing, playing with coloured rice, Lego etc.

Good luck and I know exactly how you feel. Xx

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (11-11-2014),olismumma  (11-11-2014)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Hugs xx know the feeling. My 2 little boys are 16 months apart and I found it so tiring being heavily pregnant and running after a toddler! Just take it one day at a time and don't over do it. It's ok to have home days and it's ok to let them watch TV or play with the iPad if it gives you a rest!!

Once new bub arrives, it will be hard some days, but you survive. Just take it one day at a time. Have some special toys you can pull out for your toddler while you are sitting and feeding baby. Make sure you get them a drink and snack before you sit down.

Leave the housework and try not to stress too much about it if you can. If you get a chance before bub is born stock the freezer up with meals and snacks that you can just take out if you have a rough day with the kids.

You can do it xx

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (11-11-2014),RipperRita  (11-11-2014)

Thank you all so much for your replies! My heart feels all warm and fuzzy with your words of encouragement.

I have very supportive family who takes care if my DS while I work part-time (two more weeks left!). They have offered to continue taking him for a day/week when baby is born - which will be amazing! He loves them to pieces and we have a very good relationship. We are very blessed to have them help out.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply. I plan on taking each day as it comes and will try and make the most of being a mummy to one!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrskatiex For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (11-11-2014)