+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Struggling :-(

I am really struggling ATM. I am 33weeks pregnant and have a very active 17month old DS.

Some days I just feel like running away. My DS has been very challenging recently - throwing epic tantrums and super clingy and whinging. He just wants everything he can't have and when I try and tell him why he can't have it - he just screams! My patience levels are not the best and I am finding myself getting so frustrated with him. I know this is his way of communicating and he is still learning how to deal with emotions but bloody hell - I'm over it!!!

I wonder how I am going to deal with a newborn as well! Most days are a real struggle with DS let alone a new baby!

Sorry - just venting!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No advice, just hugs.

My DS just turned two and is doing the same things and I'm finding it extremely challenging too.

I'm sure once bubs is here you will all find your rhythm and it will all work oit. Don't be afraid to ask for help from friends and family in the meantime though. :-D

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know this might not be everyone's cup of tea but when I was in your position my kids watched a lot of tv. Not ideal but it got us through that late pregnant/newborn stage.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (11-11-2014),KitiK  (11-11-2014),LaDiDah  (11-11-2014),Mummy5ormore  (11-11-2014),olismumma  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I know this might not be everyone's cup of tea but when I was in your position my kids watched a lot of tv. Not ideal but it got us through that late pregnant/newborn stage.
    Yep this! The tv has saved my sanity quite a few times!

Thanks
    Reviews
    know how your feeling, don't worry how you'll cope when the baby comes I always find in late pregnancy I'm tired over it and less patient when I have the baby I feel more relaxed and the kids are so excited and a lil more settled/distracted. Hugs good luck

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mummy5ormore For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im sorry to hear you are struggling, im 38 weeks pregnant with a 21 month old dd and really struggling too so id be interested in some advice or a positive to all this
    Im just doing what I can to survive at the moment

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

pregnancy is hard enough, add in a tantrumming toddler and its damn near impossible to keep your stuff together

Dont be so hard on yourself ... your expectations of being able to deal with it ALL the time arent going to happen. There will be times when you will want to just cover your head and make the world stop.

But you will get through. This too will pass

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you're struggling right now. I can't offer advice from my own experience but a close friend had her two very close in age (closer than yours will be) and while she had a tough time at the very start, her youngest is now 1 and she's doing sooooo much better now. Things will get easier, hopefully sooner rather than later! One thing she said to me was she used to just take one day at a time, and tried not to be too hard on herself about things like TV, and asking for help with her toddler.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel for you. Im 27 weeks and my 17 month old can be quite demanding, add in the heat as well and it's just not good.
    Can you look at getting your DS into daycare a day a week just to give you a break?
    I don't have mine in either so I can completely understand if it's not something you want to do, but thought I'd just suggest it cause I definitely think about it sometimes and will probably do it next year once the new baby I'd here just so I've got time to do swimming/activities with the new baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't ever experienced having two children to deal with but it is something that terrifies me!

My 2.8 yo sends me crazy and is so manipulative. I'd love to have another child but I'm ****e scared that I just wouldn't cope at all.

Hats off to those that are doing it!