+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi Gracie's Mum.

If you're having cramping and red blood then it's okay for you to present to the emergency room. Unfortunately at 5w 3d I don't know how much an ultrasound would be able to see. I had an ultrasound at 5w and all they could see was a round sac, no foetal pole. Really nothing.

Have you had your HCG tested? I'm sorry that you're going through this. It could be so stressful. It might just be a waiting game to see what is going to happen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry no experience with early preg bleeding but I experienced bright red bleeding several times in my second tri and they never worked out where it came from. All was fine. I had an u/s at 5.5 weeks due to other complications and all they could see was a sac and nothing in it, so it didn't really tell them anything much at the time.

Lots of ladies bleed during pregnancy and everything is ok, although its very scary at the time. all is well at your appointment tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    At 5+0 I had a beating heart with a fetal pole (I'm 100% sure of my dates), but then with all my kids they had a heart beat much earlier than normal. So you may see something on u/s.

Hopefully it's just the baby settling in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    It sounds like just a very small amount. With dd2 i had "heavy period" style bleeding and mouse sized clots for days to weeks. With dd1 i had a small flood for 1 day.

It is stressful. No doubt about it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Gracie's Mum  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    It sounds like just a very small amount. With dd2 i had "heavy period" style bleeding and mouse sized clots for days to weeks. With dd1 i had a small flood for 1 day.

It is stressful. No doubt about it.
    Its only when I wipe, its stringy mucus that is clear and red stained. Nothing on the pad. I have cramping but I've had dull cramping and lower back pain the whole time so its confusing. Google is making me fear the worst. Waiting to know is so hard. I am sick with worry.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    Unfortunately it really is just a waiting game. They can't see much at all usually that early. In all honesty I personally don't see much point in pushing for an earlier appointment if you can get in during the next week or so because the further away the ultrasound the more likely something will be seen.
    Agree with this OP, it's just a waiting game unfortunately. I've been in your place 4 times so I know how you are feeling-hugs. I've had brown to pink to red blood and 3 times it didn't end well but this 4th time is going as it should-I'm now currently 35 weeks with a bub that I had bleeding the same as you described-red stringy streaks when I wiped and it's the furthest I've gotten It could go either way and only time will tell. Good luck! X
    Last edited by Chillies; 12-11-2014 at 05:32.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Chillies For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Chillies View Post
    Agree with this OP, it's just a waiting game unfortunately. I've been in your place 4 times so I know how you are feeling-hugs. I've had brown to pink to red blood and 3 times it didn't end well but this 4th time is going as it should-I'm now currently 35 weeks with a bub that I had bleeding the same as you described-red stringy streaks when I wiped and it's the furthest I've gotten It could go either way and only time will tell. Good luck! X
    May I ask how much red blood you had and did you get any pain?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update

This morning when I woke up and went to the toilet a small gush of red blood came out into the toilet. I began to cramp after this and put on a pad to check for more bleeding. I have had a small amount of bleeding on the pad, no clots, more like a very light start of a period, watery red blood almost. The blood has tapered off now until I wipe. I still have some cramping and have been advised by the GP to lay in bed and take it easy. He doesn't believe I am bleeding enough to warrant miscarriage at this stage but I feel like its all over now that I've seen red blood and had cramps. I got my bloods taken and am now anxiously waiting for my results. Google is my worst enemy right now, everything suggests miscarriage and then I'll read a story which gives me hope, its hard. How can something so amazing be ripped away so quickly? Its heartbreaking. The Dr wouldn't give me a referral for a scan as he thinks its too early. He did give me a referral for a dating scan in 2 weeks time but I don't feel I will make it to that point.

The only other explanation for the bleeding other than miscarriage is that I have uterine polyps and ovarian cysts that could be flaring up and causing pain and bleeding. I am really desperately hoping that this is the cause of the problem. Our first BFP in 4 years and this happens, its too much to bear.

Any experience or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    OK so I would advise against Dr Google. A term all drs will use that will freak you right out is "threatened abortion". It is just the medical term of bleeding in early pregnancy. So please don't freak out if they use that term. It's just the clinical phrase they use.

Yes you are right. It could be because of your polyps etc. But it could also be implantation bleeding.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

mumoftwoboys2005  (12-11-2014)