+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Blood :( Advice please

I'm 5 weeks pregnant and today noticed one small smear of brown blood on my panty liner. I then noticed when I wiped there was blood that looked brownish on the toilet paper. Its not red fresh blood and there's not much but I am freaking out. What should I do? I never had anything like this in my last pregnancy 😣

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I has this with my last pregnancy. I flipped out. Turns out it was a small tear in my uterus (nothing major) and stopped bleeding by about 8 weeks. I would go get it checked out though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had old bleeding with my ds who is now 4 at 5 weeks and 8 weeks. I had bloods to check my hcg levels were rising and an ultrasound to put my mind at ease. IT can be common but get checked if your worried.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    I had a similar experience at 8 weeks with DD. We went and had an ultrasound that day and all was fine. Thankfully!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had that at the start of this pregnancy completely freaked out I rang my ultrasound place they changed my appointment for that day everything was fine baby was good cervix closed and couldn't find I reason why I was only 5w5d

Bleeding or a bit of old blood is very common in pregnancy it doesn't always mean the worse

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you for the replies so far. Its nice to hear some reassurance. I just rang the Dr and they can't fit me in, should I be more demanding? How much will an ultrasound be able to see at 5+3? The blood only seems to be when I wipe, its only a small amount but its got my heart racing after finally getting pregnant after 4 years. I never had anything like this last time around. Its worse because I have dull cramping and lower back pain as pregnancy symptoms this time and that makes me freak out enough without adding blood to it!!

Should I just wait to see if it changes or goes away until my Dr appointment on Thursday?

Thank you all so much it means so much to me to read your replies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Unfortunately it really is just a waiting game. They can't see much at all usually that early. I have had that happen for all 3 of my pregnancies, 2 of which were successful. I had big bleeds with both girls and I came to realise that can actually be "normal" for some people. In all honesty I personally don't see much point in pushing for an earlier appointment if you can get in during the next week or so because the further away the ultrasound the more likely something will be seen. I was about 7-8 weeks before we could see dd2. You can try for blood tests as they will give a better indication bit my guess is it could be implantation bleeding. Brown blood is good because it means it is old blood.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I should add that if it is accompanied with cramping then by all means go to the emergency of a hospital.

Sorry if I sound very blunt. It's not my intention. It's just my way of detaching from past experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any brown blood on the panty liner since I posted but I just went to the toilet then and when I wiped (TMI sorry) I wiped sort of into my vagina to see what was in there and some red stringy mucusy bits came out, hardly any but it was red not brown 😢 My anxiety is through the roof now. Is this signalling miscarriage? My Dr appointment is tomorrow. Please help.