+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh I just thought of another ripper...

The Grotime papoose bassinet that only sits over the cot and doesn't have wheels. Not mobile.. if I was happy to have baby in its cot I'd put it in the actual cot! Never used it, haven't even taken it out of storage for this bub.

(Lucky it came free with the cot in a promo and I didn't actually pay for it!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used the avent manual pump and loved it, will use it again third time round! Small and easy to clean and fit in handbag. Never had an issue with avent bottles either (I only have the normal bottles tho, not anti colic ones).

I also don't see the point in baby baths, never used one at all for DS, and DD only used it a handful of times cause she was my first and I thought you needed one. So much hassle to fill it up etc, just use the kitchen sink then big bath!

Baby powder is my addition to the list, particularly for baby girls. The head oncologist at a leading hospital in Sydney advised in a lecture that baby powder should not be used on anyone from baby's to your grandma - the particles from powder have been found to contribute to both bladder and ovarian cancer. I have not actually looked up any actual research for myself, so I can not comment on the scientific validity of his claims, but I'm happy to take his word for it and avoid baby powder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing :-)

Me -26 DH - 28+ Baby Vee coming 16/3/15

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and my fancy Kate Hill nappy bag got switched to a $15 kiddie backpack from Kmart after about 2 months. All the little compartments are nice, but the whole bag was too bulky & impractical for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Trooper View Post
    I used the avent manual pump and loved it, will use it again third time round! Small and easy to clean and fit in handbag. Never had an issue with avent bottles either (I only have the normal bottles tho, not anti colic ones).

I also don't see the point in baby baths, never used one at all for DS, and DD only used it a handful of times cause she was my first and I thought you needed one. So much hassle to fill it up etc, just use the kitchen sink then big bath!

Baby powder is my addition to the list, particularly for baby girls. The head oncologist at a leading hospital in Sydney advised in a lecture that baby powder should not be used on anyone from baby's to your grandma - the particles from powder have been found to contribute to both bladder and ovarian cancer. I have not actually looked up any actual research for myself, so I can not comment on the scientific validity of his claims, but I'm happy to take his word for it and avoid baby powder!
    I never used baby powder bc I read it caused issues with their skin, I never even knew about the cancer thing. Can't throw the damn bottle out that I was gifted though... it is a good deterrent to keep ants away from the cat food. That, and a water 'moat'. (We had a very bad ant situation last summer).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maclaren Techno XLR, stupid big light up toys that never got played with, any Britax restraint and baby shoes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes our baby mobile got used once and all it did was excite DS lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    Maclaren Techno XLR, stupid big light up toys that never got played with, any Britax restraint and baby shoes.
    Agree on the Britax. We got given two second hand from a family member. Hated them both. Swapped them for brand new infa secures, DH wanted to keep them as spares I said absolutely no way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Agree on the Britax. We got given two second hand from a family member. Hated them both. Swapped them for brand new infa secures, DH wanted to keep them as spares I said absolutely no way.
    Infa is the best when my Evolve arrives I can finally sell my Meridian. I'm so excited to say goodbye to it!!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavenBlue View Post
    They are talking about the original Avent bottles- blue packaging. The Avent natural in the purple packaging are fantastic IMO. I use only those, they don't have that crap ring thingy.
    I'm so confused because I have 6 Avent bottles with the anti colic rings and they've all been fine, no leaks ever!

I also bought some of the naturals ones but I hated them. The tops/teats/lids take up too much space in my microwave Steriliser, they lids are impossible to flick off with one hand and the teats sink in when DS drinks from them.