+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillaa View Post
    Swaddling... I bought a few cotton ones, then I discovered the Aden & Anais bamboo ones. Wish I'd kept the boxes of the cotton ones to regift as the bamboo ones are so much softer!!
    I'm the opposite. All my Muslims are aden and anais but I find myself reaching for their cotton ones! I find the patterned print on the bamboo ones scratchy.
    Just goes to show everyone's different!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    Baby baths with the seat in it. I was given one from someone who also didn't want it! We used it a couple of times and then went and bought a normal one. So annoying with a newborn and this big bulky hard plastic inbuilt seat! Bath thermometer - was also a gift, have never used it.

But I have an Avent manual pump and love it!
    I've got to disagree with people on the bath thing. I have an Onda baby bath with rails, with baby and toddler inbuilt seat, sits over your normal bath. I could sit on a chair next to the bath to bathe bub, then drain the water directly into the big bath. Takes up no extra room to store because it sits on top of the regular bath.

I have it out of storage for #2's arrival and it is sitting over the bath again. When I want to bathe my toddler I just lift it off, no drama. I used it until #1 was almost 12 months. It was brilliant!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by silentrockfaery View Post

Newborn bibs.
    I agree with newborn bibs! I got so many and they were never used - far too small to be useful!

Huggies nappies - new design sucks, don't bother with them

Small wraps - useless

Socks - DD has never kept them on and they were adorable and teeny but all packed away pretty quickly

'Finger puppet' toothbrush - DD just bites down and it hurts lol

I love our baby bath - DD is 14months and still uses hers with the lying down bath seat, she doesn't like baths without it yet

Also love our change table - has saved my back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely depends on the person - our 2 year old still uses the baby bath daily. It's on top of our washing machine, hooked up so that the water drains straight into the washing machine drain and water runs straight in from the tap. Love it!

Agree on the bumbo and hooded towels.
    Also think any colic/wind remedies from the chemist are absolute rubbish
    Oh and those swaddle wraps with velcro where you're supposed to be able to strap the arms down. Never worked for us.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My biggest regret, was a cot mobile. I think I used it 3 times at the most. Also small muslin swaddles and a bottle warmer. Oh and most of the 0000 clothes I bought. I got way too many and didn't think about the season. I packed them away a few months ago and hadn't realised how many I had that he didn't even wear!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with fiddly 0000 clothes, especially for a summer baby - gotta be cool, quick to get on & off and comfy!

Also the baby bath seat & muslin wraps weren't used more than twice in our house. DD went in the shower with DH pretty much from birth until she could sit up in the bath by herself, and she would Houdini out of any wrap so we put her in the Love to Dream swaddles.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wide neck bottles.
    We bought so many of them wheni was pregnant, the only ones that didn't give dd major colic were the cheap little narrow neck bottles at $2 each!
    Once we switched her bottles over she was a whole different baby.
    If I ever have another baby I will be buying one wide neck bottle and one narrow neck and seeing which is better.
    I wouldn't waste all that money again.

Also, "newborn" Nappies, dd was a large baby when she was born(4.5kgs) and the new born sized Nappies just never fitted, we had boxes and boxes of new born huggies that we ended up donating and had to go out and buy the next sizes up.

Sophie the teething giraffe.
    Seriously, it's no different to a dog chew toy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a fan of singlets. They ride up under the onesies and make my boys uncomfortable, I much prefer the singlets with snaps on the bottom.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (12-11-2014),jesssalee  (12-11-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    I'm not a fan of singlets. They ride up under the onesies and make my boys uncomfortable, I much prefer the singlets with snaps on the bottom.
    Oh yeah!! Totally agree.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with the 'pretty' clothes in small sizes. Dd is 8mths, sz 1 and is only now just starting to wear 'pretty' clothes.

Also, baby shoes?! Why? My dd was given a pair of little converse shoes when she was born. Yes they are cute but practical....no. I put them on her once for the sake of a photo and then straight back in the box.

Bibs in any size. I have just found then useless (or maybe I just have super messy kids!) I made a few second tume around because I didn't think I would use them much and didn't want to waste the money.

Designer nappy bags. Pretty yes but also expensive. You can pick up some really nice bags that are much more practical for a fraction of the price.