+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Preg with my first so loving this thread. Thanks & keep them coming :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Skip hop swipes case. If I put it in the nappy bag it would swipe open and dry out the wipes. Chucked it out.
    Oh I love mine! It's only been used for 3,5 months but so far it's very reliable and easy to use with one hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Our kids are prone to eczema so we only just started using J&J products when our first reacted badly to them and I had to give it all away. Our fourth child recently received a large gift basket of J&J products which I will also have to give away.
    This was exactly what I was going to post. In fact, stay away from most of those 'baby' products laden with chemicals. You don't need any of them! There are plenty of natural products at reasonable prices on the market.

ETA- avent electric breast pump. Used it to death but such a poor product. Will be buying a different one next time around.

Fisher price my little lamb bassinet. Don't bother. Overpriced and just not what it should be.
    Last edited by HeavenBlue; 11-11-2014 at 20:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nappy stackers and pretty designer manchester/cot bundles - there is no use for cot blankets/quilts/sheets/pillows due to SIDS risk so they were shoved away once baby was here. Plus a nappy stacker- much more convenient to pull bappies out of the packet lol

Yes j and j stuff is overpriced over perfumed garbage shocking for a baby's skin!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

ssehl  (07-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swaddling... I bought a few cotton ones, then I discovered the Aden & Anais bamboo ones. Wish I'd kept the boxes of the cotton ones to regift as the bamboo ones are so much softer!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Gro Egg thingy. Stupid and annoying. Though DH would disagree and thought it was great.

(I'm against the grain here and my DD is nearly 2 and I still use one of those nappy bins and a change table. Loved the baby bath we had. I had a snug (like a bumbo but better) which was awesome and the padded highchair so much better for supporting bub and making her comfortable.
    So .... I think what someone else views as useless. . Someone else will love! !!)
    I agree with this - just like recommendations, anti-recommendations differ between people... We have two change tables and use them both several times a day. I'm also pregnant with #2 and was planning on buying a nappy bin next time round!

That said...
    We never used our bumbo either, agree that the avent bottles are fiddly and the nipple seems to collapse (though I like the avent nature ones).

We also rarely used our carriers, but it know that's unusual. We got a stokke MyCarrier and a breeze baby ring sling and used each maybe 6 times each - bubs just didn't like being in them and they kinda hurt my back and were fiddly and hot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillaa View Post
    Swaddling... I bought a few cotton ones, then I discovered the Aden & Anais bamboo ones. Wish I'd kept the boxes of the cotton ones to regift as the bamboo ones are so much softer!!
    Ooh, muslins for swaddling full stop. Have bought LTD and EcoCocoon zip swaddle suits for #2 - fighting with a muslin is for suckers!

(You still need muslins though for various purposes and I agree the bamboo ones are fab - you can also get sheets and sleeping bags in that lovely soft bamboo!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    I loved my padded high chair. Not for feeding but kept ms screechy from her brothers hands when needed.

I really hated baby bouncers and loved rockers so baby can sit up more in a semi pose if needed ect. Seems they have gone out of fashion again though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Um...my 2.5yr old ds still fits in his Bumbo...only problem is that he thinks it's a potty, so he has weed in it a couple of times. We keep it out of sight now

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Albert01 For This Useful Post:

Chippa  (12-11-2014),GM01  (11-11-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-11-2014),MonsterMummy  (11-11-2014),Phony  (12-11-2014),smallpotatoes  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppyLoppy View Post
    I'm happy I read this thread tonight as I was going out tomorrow to buy a heap of those avent bottles
    They are talking about the original Avent bottles- blue packaging. The Avent natural in the purple packaging are fantastic IMO. I use only those, they don't have that crap ring thingy.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Molros  (12-11-2014),PoppyLoppy  (11-11-2014)