+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Padded high chair- way hard to clean

Medela swing- open system, back flows milk, grows mould in the machine. Awesome.

Hooded towels. Cute but wtf? Just use a normal towel.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Those sangenic nappy bins. What a waste of money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Snooze View Post
    Wow so many people disliked the Avent manual pump. I on the other hand thought it was great & handy to stash in the nappy bag. But then again I was a full time pumper.
    Same. I'm surprised so many didn't like the Avent manual. I got loads of milk from it, found it had good suction but didn't hurt. Sadly I misplaced a piece but a lovely Hubber sent me their TT electric so it's all systems go

I had a Mother's Choice change table with built in baby bath. It was so crap. When you got them out of the bath you had to juggle a wet wiggly baby while putting the lid down. Plus it was too high for me at 5'2. I used it maybe 10 times then put DD in the big bath and changed her on the lounge or floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Another lover of the Avent manual here, used it on and off for over 18months never let me down even preferred it over multiple electric pumps.

Regret buying a padded high chair tossed it and got a plastic cheapie, so much easier to clean. Only used the change table a few times preferred the floor or bed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Padded high chair- way hard to clean

Medela swing- open system, back flows milk, grows mould in the machine. Awesome.

Hooded towels. Cute but wtf? Just use a normal towel.
    Agree on the medela swing- same problem here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think baby baths are useful for the first 1-2 baths when you're first learning but after that are way more trouble than they're worth! Next baby I think I'll just bathe in the kitchen sink for the first week or so then move to the big bath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Small sized bottles! We bought a heap of the 150ml bottles when preparing to leave hospital but then when bub hut around 4 months was taking bigger quantities and needed to buy the bigger size...should have just bought the larger ones first

We also regret buying a sound only baby monitor with white noise options-it resets every minute and takes around 3 seconds to restart so is really ineffective! We also realised on getting bub home that we can hear him pretty much anywhere in the house yet would love to be able to SEE him to see if he needs us or is just looking for attention at 3am!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tootsiegirl For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Bumbo! I think I used it once then gave it away, such a pain. My DD was stick thin and still got stuck in the bloody thing.

Padded high chair... Way too hard to clean. Love my cheap ikea one this time around!

Dresses. They look cute but are massively impractical on a small baby.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gro Egg thingy. Stupid and annoying. Though DH would disagree and thought it was great.

(I'm against the grain here and my DD is nearly 2 and I still use one of those nappy bins and a change table. Loved the baby bath we had. I had a snug (like a bumbo but better) which was awesome and the padded highchair so much better for supporting bub and making her comfortable.
    So .... I think what someone else views as useless. . Someone else will love! !!)
    Last edited by Tamtam; 11-11-2014 at 20:00.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (11-11-2014),jazz1910  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Bumbo's. By the time mine could sit in them their little legs were too chubby and it would squeeze them and make them cry. Then the straps clip was so awkwardly placed that you'd need to break your hand to try and clip it so it wouldnt pinch bubbas thighs! Wtf bumbo, wtf!!
    I've used friends' bumbos and agree. We have a prince lionheart bebepod and it's so much better, my 3 year old can still fit in it.