+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I have had a baby bjorn (with the extra back support), an ergo, another one similar to the ergo (Manduca??), snug a bug, 2 slings and another one I can't remember the name of.

Hated them all except the baby bjorn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I have had a baby bjorn (with the extra back support), an ergo, another one similar to the ergo (Manduca??), snug a bug, 2 slings and another one I can't remember the name of.

Hated them all except the baby bjorn.
    Yeah carriers in particular can be such an individual thing. I know so many friends who loved the Bjorn, but those who hated it tended to love the ergo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumbo - what a waste of money
    Sweet dreams - my little bed. Baby wouldn't go in it and only wanted to be night next to me
    Hug-a-bub - liked it but hardly used it and my baby went from 10th percentile to 75th really quickly. Prefer the baby bjorn early weeks and then manduca

Thanks
    Reviews
    Those j&j products are not for us if you look at the ingredients for the baby oil the additives are outrageous so instead we used the best olive oil around.
    Also for nappy rash we found placing rolled oats inside pantyhose under running water in the bath worked amazingly!!
    Aldi nappies are great for toddlers, what do you all suggest for newborn nappies if huggies are out of fashion?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Ted View Post
    Our kids are prone to eczema so we only just started using J&J products when our first reacted badly to them and I had to give it all away. Our fourth child recently received a large gift basket of J&J products which I will also have to give away.
    This! I stocked up on J&J while pregnant and can't use any of it because of Dd's sensitive skin.

Newborn socks. Dd's feet were way too big to ever fit into these!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post

Newborn socks. Dd's feet were way too big to ever fit into these!
    This.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sydneychick View Post
    Those j&j products are not for us if you look at the ingredients for the baby oil the additives are outrageous so instead we used the best olive oil around.
    Also for nappy rash we found placing rolled oats inside pantyhose under running water in the bath worked amazingly!!
    Aldi nappies are great for toddlers, what do you all suggest for newborn nappies if huggies are out of fashion?
    I use Aldi newborn nappies and love them. Much better then huggies.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ysed to think hooded towels were crap but now only use them on both Ds3.5 and ds11 months. Ds3.5 loves them cause he doesn't have to hold into it while he goes from bathroom to lounge to get dressed. It's like a cape!

Baby baths - we used one for 3 weeks with DS1 then went to showers. with ds2 he went straight to showers with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week
    Those all in one suits with the feet. Useless. My babies were always too long and feet to big for their size. I much prefer leggings and top. Plus leggings/ pants make it easier for nappy changes. Plus I cant see how cloth bums fit in them either.

If you make average sized kids then I am sure they are fine.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (12-11-2014),LaDiDah  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tippytoes View Post
    Sweet dreams - my little bed. Baby wouldn't go in it and only wanted to be right next to me
    Same!

Also the baby swing we got for our first baby.
    She hated it and looked absolutely terrified. I know some babies love them (and that's why we got one) but I wish we'd borrowed one first, or bought a second-hand one.