+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Baby products that you would NOT recommend

There are always threads about products that we recommend, so I thought we could have one for those things that didn't fulfill your expectations.

For me:

Mother's Choice Nobel car seat - the way that it has to be installed makes it practically impossible to remove. The plastic arm rests also have no fabric cover so get really hot if the car has been sitting in the sun.

Closer To Naure manual breastpump - at the time, I was expressing over 200ml with various manual and electric pumps but I could barely get a drop out with this pump.

Avent anti-colic bottles (the plastic ones with the rings) - there is a fine line between screwing the lid on too loose and too tight, either of which result in leaking. Not very practical when you're trying to get a bottle ready in the middle of the night.

Love N Care Rush pram - I have never found a pram so hard to turn and it's so heavy... that's without the second seat attached! It lasted a grand total of 3 days before I sold it on.

Maclaren Techno XLR stroller - what is the point of having a storage basket when it's a battle to access? if you want to get to it with the seat fully reclined, forget it!

What purchases have you been bummed about?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Avent electric breast pump (that was 5 years ago) and still disappointed how it handled.

Tasman eco cot. It had a life time warranty which drew us in but upon reading the fine print it said providing it was never disassembled wtf? Keep it up forever??? It ended up breaking too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our kids are prone to eczema so we only just started using J&J products when our first reacted badly to them and I had to give it all away. Our fourth child recently received a large gift basket of J&J products which I will also have to give away.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (11-11-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The cloth nappies sold at babyco - not sure if it's an own brand or not - but I've had leaks pretty much every time with them!

My AVENT manual breast pump. Absolute rubbish!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

MonsterMummy  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha, I have an avent manual breast pump, and although I've used it to death I wouldn't recommend it.
    Hating my Phil and Teds Vibe pram, for some reason I can't steer it with one hand ( it is even a challenge to steer with 2 hands) and it is so heavy and big and wide. Plus takes up so much boot space. So many other better prams out there now.
    Also those tommee tippee nappy bin things, the liners are so expensive and you go through them so quickly, I used it with my first but now just use nappy sacks and normal bin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Huge padded reclining highchair that we got for DD1. Bigger is not better when it comes to these things. I sold it and got a simple one for DD2&DS

Milton sterilising stuff. Wears the print & measurement markings right off your bottles - so handy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Avent manual breast pump

All bangs and whistles padded highchair - too hard to clean

Cheap baby carrier - too uncomfortable

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby face washers.. It's only a little thing but even 7yrs later it sticks with me as a massive disappointment over how overpriced they are considering they are just normal face washers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not a specific product, but frilly dresses and cardigans in 0000. At this age it's onesies only for us!

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to bounty For This Useful Post:

DizzyDaisy  (11-11-2014),HeavenBlue  (11-11-2014),JAG242  (11-11-2014),jemmajam  (11-11-2014),Lillaa  (11-11-2014),LoCo  (11-11-2014),michellek  (11-11-2014),MsViking  (11-11-2014),ScubaGal  (27-12-2014),SpecialK  (11-11-2014),TheGooch  (12-11-2014),TSW13  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Skip hop swipes case. If I put it in the nappy bag it would swipe open and dry out the wipes. Chucked it out.