+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh so happy I stumbled across this thread! I just posted one about how horrendous my periods have been since having my babies and what to try and I am scheduled to have the Mirena put in early January. I've only heard the horror stories so am SOOOO glad to have read this! Thank you ladies!!!!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Angelbub For This Useful Post:

beebs  (09-12-2014),Hollywood  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tippytoes, your post is giving me hope! I just had Mirena put in two days ago and the cramping has died down and spotting minimal, but I'm feeling totally hormonal! Up one minute, down the next, teary at stupid things. Does it go away? I was hopeless on the pill as it totally flattened my mood and don't want to give up on Mirena this early. Did your hormonal/craziness go away quite quickly? How long would you give it if it were to carry on? Thanks HEAPS!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelbub View Post
    Hi Tippytoes, your post is giving me hope! I just had Mirena put in two days ago and the cramping has died down and spotting minimal, but I'm feeling totally hormonal! Up one minute, down the next, teary at stupid things. Does it go away? I was hopeless on the pill as it totally flattened my mood and don't want to give up on Mirena this early. Did your hormonal/craziness go away quite quickly? How long would you give it if it were to carry on? Thanks HEAPS!!!
    I had mine put in 4 weeks ago, and I'm finding the emotional side is starting to even out a bit now and feeling more like myself.

When it was put in they said to give it minimum 3 months for your body to get used to it. They said for most people side effects are gone by 3 months, 6 months at the most.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've had mine for 4 months now. I get bad PMT symptoms 2 days before my period is due. I am snappy and ragey! This month I realised I was being horrible and took myself off to bed early. My period arrives 2 days later and it's literally one small bleed that is very light and I have no pain whatsoever. Totally happy with it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Mmumm; 11-01-2015 at 12:06.

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    So I got mine at the end of November but the Dr had issues with the scissors when trying to cut the strings and it pulled out so she had to insert another one...
    It ended up being $5 for the consult and $30 for the device I think...as I have hit the safety net...

So far I have had bleeding every single day since....it is slowing down a lot now but still annoying...

My Dr wants me to keep it in for four months to give it a good trial...fingers crossed it is all gone by then!

Thanks
    Reviews
    same @kiwimum890 - I've had either light bleeding or spotting every day. My dr also said to give it 3 months minimum for it to settle. Friend said it took 4 months to settle down and she hasn't had her period since (had it in 2 years now). Hopefully its just a bit of pain for a lot of gain

kiwimum890 is offline It won't happen overnight, but it will happen!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearlygirl View Post
    same @kiwimum890 - I've had either light bleeding or spotting every day. My dr also said to give it 3 months minimum for it to settle. Friend said it took 4 months to settle down and she hasn't had her period since (had it in 2 years now). Hopefully its just a bit of pain for a lot of gain
    Gosh I hope we both end up like your friend!!! So frustrating isn't it...
    Has it changed your skin at all? I have had horrible breakouts on my chin 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah first 2-3 weeks I had a bit of a break out, but it seems to have settled. On the positive though side effects (besides bleeding) are almost non existent compared to when I'm on the pill, which I'm super sensitive to. They do say the bleeding stops, it's super annoying hey, but once it stops I think it's gonna be goooood! (I hope!!!)