+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would be making an urgent appointment to speak to the Principal yourself. You don't know exactly what the teacher told the Principal and they might have downplayed the incident. I think this incident is sufficiently serious that speaking directly to the Principal is in order if you are unhappy with the teacher's response. I would try at first to go in with a cooperative approach - you want to speak to the Principal about what happened and to work with the school in making sure that the impact on your daughter from this incident is minimised. I would also stress that you're concerned about the boy and whilst you don't want to know what's being done in relation to that (and understand its a private matter) you do want to know that its being treated seriously.

You can also speak directly with the Principal then about not talking to your daughter about this without you present.

I would also give the Bravehearts information and support line a call and seek advice from them on what to do in this situation, and what to expect in terms of effects on your daughter. There may not be anything immediate but down the track the incident may play on her mind. Bravehearts are incredibly supportive and are (unfortunately) experienced in dealing with school incidents such as this.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissMuppet For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (11-11-2014),Starfish30  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ^^ this, and if you get no joy (seriousness) from the Principal, I would be contacting the Department of Education.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I bloody hope they don't speak with your dd without you being there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    I was told it was up to the principal
    WTF? I would have totally lost my **** by now to be honest. It most certainly is NOT up to the principal. We're not talking about normal playground issues, this is sexual assault involving children. Like f***ing hell it is up to the principal! NO ONE has the right to discuss issues of a sexual nature with your child unless it happens on YOUR terms. If you want to be there and they do it without you, I'd be taking it higher.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DarcyJ For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (13-11-2014),Jodes35  (11-11-2014),KitiK  (11-11-2014),VicPark  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    WTF? I would have totally lost my **** by now to be honest. It most certainly is NOT up to the principal. We're not talking about normal playground issues, this is sexual assault involving children. Like f***ing hell it is up to the principal! NO ONE has the right to discuss issues of a sexual nature with your child unless it happens on YOUR terms. If you want to be there and they do it without you, I'd be taking it higher.

All of this.

Your daughter has been sexually assaulted and the school seems to be responding very unsatisfactorily. I would be contacted the principal directly, as well as bravehearts, as someone suggested. If I didn't have any luck I would contact the department of education.

If they aren't willing to provide adequate protection and support for your daughter immediately, I would just take her out of school. You say she's moving next year and at grade 1 a few extra weeks holiday would be of little consequence at this time of year.

Best of luck. That poor boy sounds like he is in unsafe hands - I don't think that's healthy behaviour. I hope you and your daughter get the support you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's funny how because this happened while she was in their care there seems to be very little interest or anything done about it but if the shoe was on the other foot and this happen at home in your care you would be getting the third degree. ...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Honestly im so relieved to hear that others feel the same in regards to the severity of this. After talking with the school, I started to feel like maybe it wasnt as bad as I thought and felt. But the rational side of me is saying no, if this was an adult or as a couple of you mentioned happened in my care, it would be treated so differently!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (11-11-2014),VicPark  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I am so ****ing furious! Not only did they speak to dd1 without me there, they had both kids in TOGETHER. The little boy lied at first and said he didnt do it, then started crying. He later admittef he DID do it as a joke. Then dd1 was told if anyone does or says anything that makes her uncomfortable she needs to tell the teacher. According to dd1, the little boy was given a lecture that its not nice and then they were told to go have lunch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I would be fuming..

Actually that is an understatement!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (11-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I just.... I have no words.