+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    God I don't think that is "normal" child behaviour at all, certainly not at that age. My kids would definitely know what was wrong. Hell even my 3 year old would know it's wrong. And I don't think boys get a pass for things like that because they are boys.

Absolutely you did the right thing. My only reservation @lil miss is that I would want both sets of parents there (or mums) when the principal spoke to the kids. My daughters would want me there in that situation. Is that possible?
    Couldn't agree more. Especially for
    Your daughter, it's
    Important she feels supported
    And that she isn't in trouble. You can be her safe place while
    She talks about it to the principal which is scary for most kids

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SageS For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    No I definitely dont think its normal behaviour- I remember the boys doing similar stuff in primary school but that was grade 6 or 7 (and they never did it to the girls, it was a joke between them which still doesn't make it right). And I totally agree they shouldn't get a pass because they are boys. I would feel exactly the same if it was another girl who did it.

I didnt think to ask if I could be there with dd1 when the principal speaks to her. I will speak with dd1s teacher again in the morning and request I be there, if nothing else but moral support.

One thing that has just registered is she didn't mention anything about the boys mum and whether she would be told. I would assume she will be told especially with the principal being involved.
    Given the behavior appears
    Of a sexual nature usually parents
    Are informed, Unless there are
    Concerns he is re-enacting something occurring to him then there may be child services notified.

It is quite a concerning behaviour. What a great reflection on your daughter and your relationship that she felt
    She could tell you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SageS For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I will definitely be speaking with the teacher tomorrow and requesting I be there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I wouldn't assume his parents are told yet. DD1 was hauled before the principal as part of a large investigation into a situation at school and I didn't find out until after. I was furious I wasn't told before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Omg @Sonja, I would be livid too!!

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    lil miss. I think you have done exactly the right thing, I hope everything is settled with the meeting with the principle, very sad that this has happened . marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work for child protection and this is the type of situation that is referred to us every day. You did exactly the right thing by talking to the teacher. The school's responsibility now is to decide if they are concerned that the other child's behaviour is possibly indicative of something more serious, and if so would refer to CP. If not, his parents should be advised by the school. I don't see why your DD needs to talk about it again with the principal.

It's really good that your DD told you and that she recognised that it made her uncomfortable. Hopefully her experience of telling you on this occasion has made her feel safe so that she could talk to you again in the future if she is worried about something. I'm happy to answer any other questions you have about this, unfortunately this is a really common situation between kids.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrincesSmelanie For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (13-11-2014),baby4us  (11-11-2014),monkeymama  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincesSmelanie View Post
    I work for child protection and this is the type of situation that is referred to us every day. You did exactly the right thing by talking to the teacher. The school's responsibility now is to decide if they are concerned that the other child's behaviour is possibly indicative of something more serious, and if so would refer to CP. If not, his parents should be advised by the school. I don't see why your DD needs to talk about it again with the principal.

It's really good that your DD told you and that she recognised that it made her uncomfortable. Hopefully her experience of telling you on this occasion has made her feel safe so that she could talk to you again in the future if she is worried about something. I'm happy to answer any other questions you have about this, unfortunately this is a really common situation between kids.
    Thank you for your reply. In regards to why they are getting both the kids to speak to the principal, its so the principal can hear both sides of the story and I guess make a decision about what the next step would be? Im interested to see how they handle it tbh. I think it could be an excellent opportunity to teach/remind kids about personal boundaries.
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 11-11-2014 at 07:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You did the right thing and in turn you may have helped a little boy also that maybe being sexually abused ...I would have done the same...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the school speaks to the kids then decides to make a report to CP about the boy, this will compromise any future investigation with him. CP may wish to formally interview him if they are concerned about his wellbeing, and the more times he is spoken to about it beforehand, the less likely he is to disclose potential abuse which means CP are less likely to be able to do anything and if he actually has been abused, his evidence has already been contaminated. The school should actually be seeking advice from CP about how to proceed to make sure they're doing the right thing.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PrincesSmelanie For This Useful Post:

Ashfirst  (13-11-2014)