+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh my goodness I would be so upset if I were you - the school seems to have handled this terribly

Along with many other issues, I would be so furious that they still don't see the issue with you not being there. Regardless of their policies, you explicitly stated you didnt want them questioning your daughter without you present. For them to disregard that is disgusting. I would be seriously considering going to the police and would definitely be sourcing some psychological input for your daughter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    At this point you've done more than enough (and they've not done anywhere near enough!) for you to go above the school.

They are a joke! I really hope this can be sorted out ASAP for your poor DD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    Call. The. Police.

You have done everything you can with the school and they have made it so much worse. You are your daughters advocate and you need to take this further now.
    I've been reading along. After reading what happened today I agree with LaDiDah here. The school have made it worse and don't seem to be taking it seriously.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I've been reading along without knowing entirely what to say.
    Firstly, hugs for you and your DD. It's an incredibly stressful situation that's been handled very poorly by the school.

Secondly, I would first call the police this evening and ask if you can take your DD into them, just to have a chat so they can reassure her that she did the right thing by telling you, that she's not in trouble and that in no way is it any fault of hers that the school has handled such a matter so inappropriately. I would also request any advice on the matter they can give you.

I would then call child services and explain in detail everything your DD told you and the way the matter was dealt with by the school. It is overly sexualised behavior that a grade 1 shouldn't really know about and immediately the information should have been passed onto them by the school to have it looked into appropriately. Request they have someone go out and speak to the teachers and principal about how these issues are dealt with and at no time should the boy have been questioned by teachers, let alone with your daughter present.

Then send an email to the principal and the school board for Catholic education, explaining the steps you have taken and why. Reiterate that as a grade 1 who has been sexually assaulted, she is too young to be a voice for herself and that's what you are for. She should not have been spoken to without you present, despite what their policies may say, especially since you stipulated under no circumstances was she to be spoken to without you there.

As hard as it is, try not to let your emotions the better of you - if you present as a calm, collected and determined person it's less likely they'll dismiss you as an OTT mother.

Again, massive hugs.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

Anjalee  (13-11-2014),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (13-11-2014),harvs  (13-11-2014),KitiK  (13-11-2014),LaDiDah  (13-11-2014),Lincolns mummy  (13-11-2014),RaaRaaMumma  (13-11-2014),yvona  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can I just suggest that you affirm with your daughter again and again and AGAIN that you do believe her. It's just SO important. You believe her and you care about her and you want to be there to support her. That the reason you asked again and so on was because the school has handled this very poorly. She needs to KNOW, deep in her heart, that you believe her and you're on her side.

Best of luck.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MamaNurture For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (13-11-2014),Jodes35  (13-11-2014),Starfish30  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Also, I would never let her back at school, if it was me. I would tell her that holidays started early because the school is the wrong fit for your family at the moment, or something like that. And she needs more time to adjust to starting her new school

Thanks
    Reviews
    Given the school's reaction there is absolutely no way in hell I would be sending her back to school and I would be getting legal advice.

I would call the school & say she will not be in, that you will be in touch again after you have legal advice and refuse to discuss ANYTHING further with them. Aside from protecting yours and your daughters interests, the school will absolutely pack themselves.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Eilonwy For This Useful Post:

Starfish30  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    So I've been reading along without knowing entirely what to say.
    Firstly, hugs for you and your DD. It's an incredibly stressful situation that's been handled very poorly by the school.

Secondly, I would first call the police this evening and ask if you can take your DD into them, just to have a chat so they can reassure her that she did the right thing by telling you, that she's not in trouble and that in no way is it any fault of hers that the school has handled such a matter so inappropriately. I would also request any advice on the matter they can give you.

I would then call child services and explain in detail everything your DD told you and the way the matter was dealt with by the school. It is overly sexualised behavior that a grade 1 shouldn't really know about and immediately the information should have been passed onto them by the school to have it looked into appropriately. Request they have someone go out and speak to the teachers and principal about how these issues are dealt with and at no time should the boy have been questioned by teachers, let alone with your daughter present.

Then send an email to the principal and the school board for Catholic education, explaining the steps you have taken and why. Reiterate that as a grade 1 who has been sexually assaulted, she is too young to be a voice for herself and that's what you are for. She should not have been spoken to without you present, despite what their policies may say, especially since you stipulated under no circumstances was she to be spoken to without you there.

As hard as it is, try not to let your emotions the better of you - if you present as a calm, collected and determined person it's less likely they'll dismiss you as an OTT mother.

Again, massive hugs.
    Now that is some very wise advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have not read all the replies. But i would be concerned for that boys safety as well. My niece started saying in appropriate things and gestures. And it eventually came to light her mothers boyfriend was sexually abusing her. Hopefully they look into his home situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In regards to contacting the police, do I just call my local station or is there a specific number/department? Or go in and speak face to face at the local station?