+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Poor mite, she's clearly traumatised. I just want to give her a huge hug.

The fact it was a horrible thing to happen is sad enough, but for it to effect her like this is just awful. Definitely get the police or DOCS involved. Either he is being abused or is somehow being exposed to this behaviour through seeing adults IRL doing something like this or on TV/the internet maybe...?

Our Family is now complete.
    Welcome DS The 'Easy One' 28.09.2014.
    Feisty and Independent DD 02.03.2012
    DH 36
    L'il ol Me 31.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Smudgey  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe threaten to go to the media that the catholic school system is covering up sexual assault and sodomy.... Should get their attention...

I'm so sorry for your little girl...I want to know what the story is with the little boy and the fact that the school seems to are about neither of the them makes me so mad. Seriously I would be down there ramming my head on the principals door by now....you are very controlled...,

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Meld85 For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (12-11-2014),KitiK  (13-11-2014),LaDiDah  (13-11-2014),Starfish30  (13-11-2014),TheGooch  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I just read your post. Please take her to a gp. Please. She needs counselling for this. I would also contact the police anyway. This does not sound like a one off thing. By the sound of it this boy may have done it a couple times or something similar. Or she is being bullied about it at school.

Your reply brought tears to my eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't send her to school until the school starts taking this more seriously.

I would also be making official complaints about the entire process and how you were excluded from the interview after making it clear you want to be there.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Amira For This Useful Post:

BH-KatiesMum  (12-11-2014),Eilonwy  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Also I think the school should pay for/provide counselling for your DD. I'm so sorry that you are getting the run around. Keep at them.
    I agree 100%, however given their actions (or lack of) this far, I dont trust the school councellor (also going by previous dealings with her with sil), and I highly doubt they would pay for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I just read your post. Please take her to a gp. Please. She needs counselling for this. I would also contact the police anyway. This does not sound like a one off thing. By the sound of it this boy may have done it a couple times or something similar. Or she is being bullied about it at school.

Your reply brought tears to my eyes.
    I am going to tomorrow, she didn't want to go to sleep tonight even though she was exhausted. She has barely left my side since we have been home, even dragged her pillow and blanket out to the lounge and was laying beside me holding my arm. She ended up falling asleep not long ago. She has been the victim of bullying from when she was very little and I have never ever seen her like this. She has lost her spark, and there is just a sadness in her eyes that I have never seen. She was good yesterday except when it was mentioned, but this afternoon.... she is just a totally different kid. She needs to talk to someone, and she needs that someone to actually give a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Amira View Post
    I wouldn't send her to school until the school starts taking this more seriously.

I would also be making official complaints about the entire process and how you were excluded from the interview after making it clear you want to be there.
    It has crossed my mind. She loves school usually and hates not going. There has been a couple of times I have given her the choice to go or not and she always chooses to go without hesitation. This is a kid who is devastated she goes on holidays soon because it means no homework. I will certainly let her have the option though, with her being how she is atm its totally up to her whether she goes or not. If need be I will get work for her to do at home. And if she chooses to go, thats fine too. Will take it day by day for now.

How do I go about making an official complaint?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    Its part of the district Catholic Education Office, I checked on their website.

The receptionist told me the PA would call me back, I never recieved a phone call. I will continue to try tomorrow. I dont feel its necessary to go into detail with the PA, all that is important is the fact its a serious incident and urgently needs to be dealt with.

I will also be asking the police their advice.
    you don't need to go into detail. But do let her know the nature of the incident. Otherwise you'll sound like every other parent who claims they urgently need to speak to the principal. Which in most cases isn't urgent at all. So please give the PA some insight. Otherwise you might not get the result you're wanting.
    Last edited by CandE; 13-11-2014 at 05:37.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CandE For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you handled it very well. I would have taken a similar route.

I understand that kids are experimental and so would force myself not to tarnish my image of this boy or his family- it could be a sign of abuse, but it could not. I would not pass judgement but let the right people handle that side of it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. this reply is only based on the original post- after reading later posts- I see that things have excalated which obviously changes my opinion.
    Last edited by SimplyMum; 13-11-2014 at 06:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Finally got through to the PA, who said principal is in meetings all day but she will make sure either him or the assistant principal will call me today, and if not the PA said she will call me back herself. She called back not even 5 minutes later and said she managed to speak to the principal in between his meetings and that he is aware of the situation and he, the assistant principal and the APRE are having a meeting about it today and will definitely call me this afternoon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good luck today! I hope they finally handle this situation properly and quickly

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (13-11-2014),SheWarrior  (13-11-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    see - a bit of communication and it would avoid a lot of angst and anger.

wait and see what comes out of the meeting - but its a small step forward