+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wrote a massive reply and the stupid thing wouldn't let me post

I will continue trying to speak to the principal tomorrow. I stated in my email what it was regarding, and I made it clear to the receptionist I spoke to how urgent it was and it was regarding a serious incident involving dd1. If I haven't been successful in talking to him by end of school tomorrow I will be going and speaking to the police to see what they recommend.

Dd1 was unusually subdued this arv when I picked her up. We went to a friends house and she cheered up a bit until we walked in the door. There was a little boy there about 4 years old and dd1 instantly withdrew and hid herself in the cubby beside us playing by herself. Even my friend commented on how unlike her it was. Dd2 started playing with dd1 and she cheered up a bit until the boy went in, next thing dd1 is bawling her eyes out and said the boy called her a "nudie bum head". Normally something like that wouldn't bother her, she would just come and dob and be on her way. I managed to calm her down and she hid inside playing by herself. The little boy left and she was out playing and happy almost straight away.

Then tonight she accidentally bumped dd4, and dd4 started crying. Dd1 would usually just say it was an accident and she was sorry but tonight she was hysterical. she couldnt talk and was doing the gasping crying (you know how when you get so worked up and you take big gasps but it feels like you cant breathe?). I managed to calm her down enough she could put a few words together and asked her what was wrong. She lost it again and said "because of what *boys name* did to me. It embarrassed me and made me feel so sad". I asked if she wanted to go to school tomorrow. Its swimming day, which is her favourite day. She said no.

My heart is breaking for her. This isnt my happy bubbly girl. The only way I can describe her after today, even just the look in her eyes, is broken. Even ages ago when she was being bullied constantly about her weight, I never saw the sadness and hurt in her eyes that I see now.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    This is just so blardy awful.

Id keep her home tomorrow for a mental health day.

Just go to the police. This is not on.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Meld85  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    This is so sad to read your poor DD, I hope you can see the principal ASAP. And I hope you give him an earful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Clearly, she is taking the impact of the situation. And I agree, no matter how small the chances are that the boy in question is subjected to something from someone (never mind, at home or elsewhere), better to overreact, than let one kid suffer.
    Matter was handled really badly (especially that I strongly feel that kids that age don't behave like that from themselves, unless... well, this is to determine). Looks like boy's mother involvement (ppl like that can't do any wrong, isn't it? - irony) and the fact that end of the year approaches and your daughter is moving away played a major fact. Which shouldn't.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    :-( your poor dd
    I'm so p1ssed off with how the school is acting can't imagine how your feeling

Massive hugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ask to speak directly with the principals PA not front reception. They're not trained in handling sensitive natured issues. in the first instance the principals PA is how you get to the principal. Turn up at her office if you need to. (I'm a principals PA at a large catholic school, and if a parent came to me with this info, it would be prioritised). If the principal isn't available (not being on campus is the only thing I would consider to be unavailable then request an urgent return phone call or a meeting with the deputy.

Also, some schools don't come under Cath ed in the first Instance. Eg. If its a formerly Christian brothers school or formerly run by the nuns, they have their own governing bodies. You can ask the principals PA who the person is that your principal reports to. If your unhappy with the principals response you can lodge an objection with the governing body.

eta: I'm so sorry you DD is going through this. Let her have the time she needs to deal with it. Sounds like you have a great relationship x
    Last edited by CandE; 12-11-2014 at 21:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Zombie_eyes ive given her the choice, she has said no but I will ask her again in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    Ask to speak directly with the principals PA not front reception. They're not trained in handling sensitive natured issues. in the first instance the principals PA is how you get to the principal. Turn up at her office if you need to. (I'm a principals PA at a large catholic school, and if a parent came to me with this info, it would be prioritised). If the principal isn't available (not being on campus is the only thing I would consider to be unavailable then request an urgent return phone call or a meeting with the deputy.

Also, some schools don't come under Cath ed in the first Instance. Eg. If its a formerly Christian brothers school or formerly run by the nuns, they have their own governing bodies. You can ask the principals PA who the person is that your principal reports to. If your unhappy with the principals response you can lodge an objection with the governing body.
    Its part of the district Catholic Education Office, I checked on their website.

The receptionist told me the PA would call me back, I never recieved a phone call. I will continue to try tomorrow. I dont feel its necessary to go into detail with the PA, all that is important is the fact its a serious incident and urgently needs to be dealt with.

I will also be asking the police their advice.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Also I think the school should pay for/provide counselling for your DD. I'm so sorry that you are getting the run around. Keep at them.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-11-2014),VicPark  (13-11-2014)