+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSurprise View Post
    @Em9 I had a traumatic first birth, and was diagnosed with PTSD when DS was 7m. I saw a fantastic psychiatrist for the following 18m, and with his support, was able to overcome my illness. When DS was 17m, I took what felt like a huge leap of faith, and fell pregnant again. I vetted my obstetrician carefully, and also had a private midwife team looking after me. It wasn't easy, and taught me how strong I am, and just how motivated I was to have another baby. In June, my beautiful daughter was born in water, intervention free, after a wonderful 90 minute labour. At the moment it will probably seem like an impossible task, but with the right support, you can do anything. If you google 'Tea, Dust and Stitches', you'll find my blog, where I've written more about my experience.
    Take care of yourself xxx
    Thankyou so much. I will have a google tonight. I'm going to talk to my g.p and find out where to go from there. I'm so glad you were able to overcome what happened and hope that I am able to do the same. X

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Em9 For This Useful Post:

BigSurprise  (13-11-2014)

Similar Threads

1. Giving birth without DH with me - anyone else??
    By Serenity Love in forum Birth & Labour Questions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-08-2014, 08:25
  2. Pain after giving birth
    By cheekychook in forum General Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 24-05-2014, 19:54
  3. Traumatic First Birth Experience
    By Sashie in forum Birth Trauma Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-01-2014, 17:58