+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This is the thing about bub hub. So often a thread is made and people get jumped on because "you don't know their life story. don't judge. there might be a reason". Surely, without knowing the statistics, there is a 99% chance the kid didn't need the coke for diabetes, he just happened to like it .

I was on holidays in Byron Bay and a little boy of about 2 ran up to his Mum grabbed her drink and took a mouthful. He instantly spat it out and said “yuck. It’s diet coke. I want the real stuff”, then he took a mouthful of his Dad’s coke and ran off again. The parents were cracking up that he knew the difference between the two. Did I judge. Yep, I did actually and I know nothing else about their lives other than their 2 y/o son can tell the difference between Coke and Diet Coke.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (10-11-2014),BettyW  (10-11-2014),GlitterFarts  (10-11-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (10-11-2014),ozeymumof5  (10-11-2014)

Mod-RaryGirl is offline Forum Manager
    Winner 2013 - Best Avatar
    << Awesome avatar by Best Things!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    ive asked for this thread to be closed ... i can see i was wrong to post it and i dont want to cause issues..
    The thread doesn't need to be closed IF everyone discusses the subject in an adult manner so we can have decent discussion.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-RaryGirl For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBid View Post
    well until you're staring down deaths door i dont believe its your place to tell anyone what a better alternative is.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Huge difference with being in an emergency situation and coke being the only product available...

As for my place did you know about 150D and it's impacts on the body? I find it strange an ingredient that is prohibited to be used in children's food is then advised to be used on the other hand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    In answer to the OP - what is wrong with some people is that they honestly don't realise how bad coke is to a child - medical issues aside - and judging anyone aside ( mum could have been stressed/tired/sick or just plain disorganised) the sugar, colours and that amount of caffeine to a baby is dangerous and addictive but seriously a lot of people just don't know that

is it up to strangers to diagnose and try to educate by observing a few minutes of someone's lives - no - but if by talking about it on a forum helps either bring awareness to it or on the other hand let others know that it could be medically related and to think before we judge then that's ok too

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (10-11-2014),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (10-11-2014),GirlsRock  (10-11-2014),HollyGolightly81  (10-11-2014),Jodes35  (10-11-2014),littlelove  (10-11-2014),~Marigold~  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    Huge difference with being in an emergency situation and coke being the only product available...

As for my place did you know about 150D and it's impacts on the body? I find it strange an ingredient that is prohibited to be used in children's food is then advised to be used on the other hand.
    Maybe unblocking a feeding tube or reversing a hypo using coke is the lesser of 2 evils?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Maybe the title could be changed to "why do some people give their kids coke?"

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

CompareTheMeerkat  (10-11-2014),dancingchipmunk  (10-11-2014),MsViking  (10-11-2014),~Marigold~  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maternidade View Post
    If my child had a medical condition that required sugar hit I certainly wouldn't carry coke. Be prepared
    Easy to say when you don't have to "be prepared". Things happen. On a day out at the zoo, my sons BGL dropped to 1.6 and I only had a few glucose tablets left but had a few small cans of coke with us. I gave him one because quite frankly, that far outweighs the alternative, of him passing out and me having to administer the Orange needle (which I have had to do, and wouldn't wish it on anybody). You do what you have to do.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sniggle6 For This Useful Post:

BabyG4  (10-11-2014),MrsBid  (10-11-2014),MsViking  (10-11-2014),VicPark  (10-11-2014)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    I sincerely apologise to anyone i have offended and i apologise for posting this thread... it wasnt my intention to judge or cause friction..

i was just shocked at the coke..... i guess im just old school and a firm believer in water over soft drinks ........
    Then I'm old school too, my kids are 5 & 7 and have never even tasted coke. Lemonade is an occasional treat for parties or Christmas but that's it. Dh & I rarely drink it either.

I think just some people have different standards/knowledge when it comes to healthy eating. I have a friend whose kids are 99% sugar free, I suggested an ice cream on Saturday and she said no, they don't do ice cream. On the other hand I was at a coffee shop today and overheard the following conversation:
    9yo girl: that muffin looks good
    mum: no it's not healthy
    kid: but it's got strawberries AND apple in it
    mum: but it's got all that icing on top **buys kid a huge blueberry muffin instead**

1st mum would rather gouge out her eyes than give her kids coke. The second probably wouldn't bat an eyelid. I wouldn't go so far as to gouge my eyes out lol but it's definitely a no no in this house.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was going to start a thread with this title but for a different issue.

What is wrong with people's manners? I was driving this wide street today and there's this car stopped right in the middle. 3 cars can across with room inbewtween. So I wait behind her about 30 secs and she doesn't move. I couldn't get past at all. So I beep my horn and I get told to "f off you f'ing idiot" she moves slightly so I can pass and gives me the finger. And is looking at herself in the mirror.

Where's the consideration for others?!? Why was it necessary to swear at me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    And no matter how badly your day went and what stresses you have its no excuse to completely block someone's path.