+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Random question

If builders are working on a new site, eg- building a new house, and they need power, where do they get it from?
    Would they bring their own generator?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yes they should. One thing they should never ever do is use neighbouring properties power (it may be illegal but I am not 100% sure). When the house next to us was built, we recieved a letter from the builder with a copy of the contract that anyone working on the house had to sign. One of the conditions was under no circumstance were they to use neighbouring properties power, and if caught we were to contact the builder and the person/s would be immediately removed from the job. They also stated to ensure work area was kept clean, all rubbish to be put in skip bin and not neighbours bins (yep a few had been caught dumping their crap in other peoples wheelie bins), noise kept to a minimum etc. They seemed really strict which was good, and we barely knew they were there.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    If builders are working on a new site, eg- building a new house, and they need power, where do they get it from?
    Would they bring their own generator?
    Mil is building a house and she is getting power and water bills already and the house isn't even complete.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends if they have temporary power connected

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If there is already power in the area (power poles on the street or underground power cables) the bullet contacts the local power company and sets up a builders supply. It's connected directly to the main power supply (poke or cable) and is its own account, and is then usually hooked up to the house when it's ready.

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I go to work at a house getting built, they have power and water on site in the power box. Never used neighbours

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littlelove View Post
    If there is already power in the area (power poles on the street or underground power cables) the bullet contacts the local power company and sets up a builders supply. It's connected directly to the main power supply (poke or cable) and is its own account, and is then usually hooked up to the house when it's ready.
    Yep. It's always part of the building contract how they get power and is part of cost to the owner.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

2BlueBirds  (10-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Not sure where to put this but this is as good of a place as any.
    @BH-tech just wondering if the server goes down between 10pm and 10.30pm wst? It's not a big deal but every night without fail I try to log in just before bed (i use my phone to go to sleep) and it won't let me. It's like the whole site, or the mobile skin and app, is shut down for between 15 minutes and half an hour every night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Tech Superstar - Super Star
    Hi DesperatelySeekingSleep,

The server doesn't go down at those times, but we do run various house keeping things that can be quite intensive on the server. As we are on EST, we set those things to run around 12am (your 10 - 10:30pm).

With that said, we will look into having those things run a little later to try and avoid this issue.

Thanks for your post, always good to get this kind of feedback, as it's not always so obvious to us in EST.

Thanks,
    BH-Tech

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    It's only usually 15 minutes at the most each time. I'm not bothered at all by it. I just wasnt sure if it was my internet, phone or the site and was curious. I don't mind if you leave it as is. I usually look at a clock at 11:11 every day and when I look at the time at night it usually reads 10:10 and I thought maybe it was the same freaky coincidence. Thanks for answering me though. I can sleep a bit easier now knowing it's not the universe or a spirit or something scary trying to say something.