Closed Thread
Page 99 of 103 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Aaahh Fruck it Luv!!! Would've hoped to see a smidge of a squinter by now Will keep and send your way just in case something does show up tomorrow/Wed ok??

Well, I think there's benefits to both and from what I've read it seems the success rate per Cycle for either is about the same. Obviously the $ factor if you're conceiving naturally vs forking out for IUI, plus you can BD multiple times etc as needed.

Doing IUI you have the benefit of knowing when you're going to ovulate, plus using FSH to get the follicle(s) growing might mean you release 2 eggs thus getting more bang for your buck!!! Plus they'll do sperm washing:

Sperm washing & IUI success
    One of the secrets to IUI success is the specialized process of washing and preparing the sperm sample before insemination.

Here is how the IUI sperm washing process works:
    •The weaker sperm are separated from the stronger, healthier sperm.
    •The strong, healthy sperm are concentrated into a high volume in the insemination sample.
    •Toxins are removed from the semen and sperm. These toxins may cause an allergic reaction in some women that can hinder pregnancy.

Mind you, I have read that you have a 50% chance of having twins if you conceive naturally in your mid 40's!! To me, it seems like much of a muchness though IUI is a lot more precise with everything.

@MGC Bertie will hopefully give you the benefit of her experience as she's the "Over 40's Poster Girl" for successful IUI

If it were me, I'd be doing both!!! BD with DB and doing the IUI in the same Cycle when I could afford to ( you'd have "beginners luck").

Yet again, I somehow feel that I've been of no help whatsoever!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awwww thanks Blonde, whaddya mean, no help at all - that was immensely helpful as are all your posts! I did think about doing both but assumed it wouldn't be recommended - plus the logistics of trying to do both boggled my mind a bit - but I guess there is no physical reason why one shouldn't do both!!? Might have a little trouble working out who provided the male dna though, if there was a baby..

Mid 40s, I'm still only 44, that's not mid is it!!!!?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Who gives a shiz if it's "not recommended"??? Since when does that stop us Lovelies from stacking the deck in our favour???

44 is the new 34 Luv, so no, you're only in you mid 30's!! Well, if you "O" 2 eggs you could have 1 of each!!!

P.S...Could DB not be a "known donor" or too much BS to go through to do that???

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70, my money would be on fresh swimmers rather then IUI with frozen. I'm thinking that tricky cervix would be no match for determined, non-frozen sperm

ETA- I also thought maybe "doubling up" might be a bet each way,but didn't know how to say it!
    Last edited by SJ565; 15-06-2015 at 22:16.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Kelly70 @missybear, @Kellyk77.......

Well Ladies???? I know, I'm a pushy biatch!! LOL!!!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

missybear  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Kelly70 @missybear, @Kellyk77.......

Well Ladies???? I know, I'm a pushy biatch!! LOL!!!!
    Nothing here sorry, still practicing☺️
    OPK's still faint😔

10. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing to see here either I'm afraid. Currently focused on next cycle. Not sure I'll attempt both iui and DB this cycle but I might next month!!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-06-2015),missybear  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No news here either BIB. This baby seems quite happy hanging out inside despite its mummy's desperate pleas to hurry up!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-06-2015),missybear  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Fruck me Ladies!!! This just isn't on at all!!!

@Kelly70 Bugger and shiz Luv!! I am sorry, I was so hoping you'd have "beginners luck". Good plan to just go with DB and maybe double up next month

@missybear Practice makes perfect as they say!!! Plus I can tell that's it's hardly a chore for you to be jumping your DP's bones!!!

@Kellyk77 Time to start guzzling the raspberry leaf tea, walking a marathon, eating a curry and all the other "old wives tales" to get that baby moving!!!

@Corbes You've got furbaby ragdolls too Luv?? Awww....they're so cute and nothing beats cuddles with those hairy little loves either I bet!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 16-06-2015 at 19:50.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Corbes  (16-06-2015),Kelly70  (16-06-2015),missybear  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ta so much for your encouragement @BlondeinBrisvegas. My prep today extended as far as buying 3 x FRER packs and 1 x ClearBlue digital pack...so I can watch the Pregnyl leaving my system in a months time...madness!
    @kelly77 Firstly I'm sorry about your BFNs. That completely sucks. Yep I'm armed with Nurofen for tomorrow. I can't believe no-one told you to take pain relief, ouch, you poor thing. Apparently I take 2 tabs 1 hour before the scratch/biopsy. I highly doubt they're going to be strong enough. The problem is that after the scratch I go downstairs to have my 1st visit with my nurse to get my protocol, learn how to jab etc so I need to be pretty with it, otherwise I'd be breaking out the codeine.
    A quick very uneducated two cents worth on the IUI. I'm 40 & asked Lynn twice if I could do a round of IUI while waiting to do my 1st fully stim cycle. The response was a very definite no because the success rates were so extremely low that it isn't offered in the over 40s. One of the other girls on here may have received different info though. That's why I've been so jealous of your DB. I'd love to be 'inseminated' in between IVF cycles. I'd rather be in the running than not! Make full use of him I say. You may even be able to train him up to get a higher rating than '6'. Ta also for your inspiration to head up to Noosa. I booked an impulsive week up there and it was perfect to get my head sorted before starting a fully stim cycle.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-06-2015),Kelly70  (16-06-2015)