Closed Thread
Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 I can pretty much guarantee that on progesterone or not, when the boobs stop aching, I'm out within a few hours. I think our bodies all have a unique tell! And the one time I did get pregnant for a minut I was so tired I could barely lift my head!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @tryingfornum1 - I've been to Dr Nick L, he's still pretty blunt. I was warned about that by the ivf nurse who suggested him to me. I don't think I felt rushed - but I tend on the 'efficient' side myself as I was always rushing back to work. To be honest I didn't feel I got a lot of answers from him either. The cycle I did with him was my worst ever and from the first appt he suggested donor eggs. Actually at the 1st appt he said I had 5 choices:
    1. Give up
    2. Try to adopt and wait years
    3. Keep trying for OE baby - unlikely to succeed
    4. Donor embryo
    5. Donor eggs at the clinic he's affiliated with in Greece.

I know a couple of his other patients and they have been happy, so he didn't resonate with me but it's a horses for courses thing ... I think you'd have to be firm and persistent to manage him and get your answers, but he's certainly progressive and aggressive with treatment.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Fair enough Luv, you know your body, but that's not going to stop me from and sending your way!!!! How did you go today??

Yep, sounds like you brother is possibly just blocking it out which is understandable, not that I imagine it ever really goes away. It'd always be there at the back of his mind but perhaps he just prefers to try to focus on other things for now until he has to deal with it when he gets his interim results back??

Anyhoo...will send more prayers to the Universe his way and everything that the results are favourable

@Kellyk77 So, keeping legs closed for another week then hey Luv?? Right you are!! You do know that she'll probably come now that you actually want her to wait!!!

Hello to all the other Lovelies.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    @tryingfornum1, if you are looking for a FS to discuss things with, try Anne Poliness through City Fertility. Has plenty of time to go over things with you.
    Pi saw a FS at Monash once, the receptionists were so unprofessional, and basically told the entire waiting room that the guy booking in his appointment was a professional sportsman, used his first name, the sport, and where he would be playing next ( because he couldn't do an appointment one week). So unprofessional and no respect for confidentiality. I made my next appointment, and called once I was outside to cancel. i got the feeling that I should feel lucky to have the opportunity to be treated like crap by them as they have the reputation/marketing behind them. Urggghhh, it still makes my blood boil!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jk565 View Post
    @tryingfornum1, if you are looking for a FS to discuss things with, try Anne Poliness through City Fertility. Has plenty of time to go over things with you.
    !
    I second this - Anne helped with my last cycle by doing the scripts for meds etc. I really liked her.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @tryingfornum1 I'm so sorry you walked out feeling so distressed. I've just had the one apt with Lynn and I don't feel a whole lot different to you. Plus the surly admin staff there have made mistake after mistake with my paperwork etc. And I've really had to keep on top of the whole process while not feeling supported by Lynn in the slightest. She had so few words for me that I could barely get out that I'd had 2 previous miscarriages - fairly key info. And don't get me started on her office's nurse. If I shared what she said about my MTHFR diagnosis you'd fall of your seat. Plus Lynn prescribed me a mega dose for folic acid for MTHFR which 2 compounding chemists have told me is incorrect. I've learnt to double check everything with BubHubbers too!
    Lynn has however thrown the kitchen sink at my 1st cycle so for that I'm thankful & hope she's really going to come into her own once I'm actively cycling. If it wasn't for her testing for MTHFR I would have never known I had the mutations & for that alone I'm incredibly grateful. She's going in hard & I don't feel like she's treating the 1st cycle as a trial.
    Like you mentioned, the sonographer was gorgeous and from the phone chats I've had with my individual nurse she's been knowledgeable, warm and kind, and the donor sperm co-coordinator has also been fab and nothing has been too much trouble for her. I'm keeping in mind that these will be my key people during treatment.
    AFM I have my endo scratch/biopsy on Wednesday & 1st nurses apt, a few days later I pay for my treatment & collect my drugs, then the 1st day of my cycle should be around the 28th June. I'm finally jumping on this roller-coaster. Thank-you to the gorgeous ladies who've gotten me this far.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-06-2015),Kelly70  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli You go Girl!!!! all this prep work will be enough to get you over the line to a sticky BFP!!!

@Kelly70 @missybear Any updates Ladies???

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BlondeinBrisvegas View Post
    @Tahli You go Girl!!!! all this prep work will be enough to get you over the line to a sticky BFP!!!

@Kelly70 @missybear Any updates Ladies???
    Far out @BlondeinBrisvegas, just this second did a OPK and nothing??? Day 16. What is going on??? Still practising lol😜😊

15. The Following User Says Thank You to missybear For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli - that all sounds really positive and like you are ready to roll girl, let's hope Lynn can work some magic and get you over the line. Have you had a scratch done before and is Lynn doing it? I think everyone is different but I found that super painful - plus no-one had remembered to tell me to take pain relief before I arrived. So take some pain relief I reckon.
    @missybear - you're prob going to ovulate late like I did this month, i didn't start getting 2nd lines on the opks until day 17/18. Keep going, it should kick in.

Me - ill test again tomorrow morning but I know I'm not pregnant. Even had a few drinks this weekend!!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-06-2015),missybear  (14-06-2015),Tahli  (16-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BFN today at 11 or 12 dpo, has to be a bust this cycle. DB teed up for 2 weeks from now for another crack. Anyone here have any thoughts on whether the natural path would grant me a greater or lesser chance of conception than iui? I think natural seeing as that's how it happened for me before and seeing as it's fresh sperm over frozen, but then iui will be more accurate with timing as I'll be having scans and also it's a direct hit to the egg, no killer cervix to navigate. Any thoughts??

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-06-2015)