Closed Thread
Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    ...but then I tend to lean into risk generally speaking

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Scuba you and me are probably fairly similar - I lean into risk as well. I'm really grateful for all the excellent advice given here - it's a bit late and I'm heading to bed, will chat more tomorrow.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Skyler. We are hoping to do a FET in June if we get the green light from the clinic. Hoping this one takes (and sticks around!).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 it's a lot to consider but while it's true an agreement could be challenged in court I tend to think it adds another barrier and clearly sets expectations upfront.

to be honest, it might not be a bad thing to have a dad accessible - if it was me, I'd roll the dice. At our age, the odds are so low that you grab your chances where you can.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-05-2015),Kelly70  (15-05-2015),ScubaGal  (15-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls and especially @Jk565 for drawing my attention to and clarifying a number of issues around this whole known donor scenario.. Certainly a bunch of stuff there to be aware of that I wouldn't have been otherwise. I'm glad I have the awareness now so I can go into it with my eyes wide open - just one thing I was wondering, does not putting them on the birth certificate change things in terms of them being recognized as the other legal parent?
    @ScubaGal and @Jem70 - I've had another couple of days to process it and I think I'm in agreeance - I think this one is a matter of weighing up risk vs benefit and I think the benefits outweigh. To be honest, I'd be happy for the dad to be in the kid's life if the dad wanted - and he's a decent guy so I'd have no qualms. Being a single mum would be incredibly tough and i can only see additional involvement and parenting by the dad to be a good thing. I've known the guy 8 years and whilst he's not for me romantically, I do trust him. If he wanted access, id be happy to grant it to him. The finances thing could get a little harder I guess - if they wanted access but didn't want to contribute financially - that could be frustrating but I think I'm getting ahead of myself at this point. I think he and I will work it out. But I will talk to him more on some of these concerns.

Fresh sperm over frozen when dealing with old eggs - infinitely more attractive than frozen, as you said @jk566. I think I'll squeeze in a natural cycle with him before I got away at the end of this month, just got my period so I calculate maybe asking him to catch up for 'insemination duties' on day 12, 13, 14 of my cycle, then I head to noosa on day 15. If it fails, I could try medicated iui the following month. Hycosy next week so tubes will be flushed and ready to go.

Hello, a plan in place!!!

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-05-2015),Jem70  (16-05-2015),ScubaGal  (15-05-2015),SJ565  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Thanks girls and especially @Jk565 for drawing my attention to and clarifying a number of issues around this whole known donor scenario.. Certainly a bunch of stuff there to be aware of that I wouldn't have been otherwise. I'm glad I have the awareness now so I can go into it with my eyes wide open - just one thing I was wondering, does not putting them on the birth certificate change things in terms of them being recognized as the other legal parent?
    @ScubaGal and @Jem70 - I've had another couple of days to process it and I think I'm in agreeance - I think this one is a matter of weighing up risk vs benefit and I think the benefits outweigh. To be honest, I'd be happy for the dad to be in the kid's life if the dad wanted - and he's a decent guy so I'd have no qualms. Being a single mum would be incredibly tough and i can only see additional involvement and parenting by the dad to be a good thing. I've known the guy 8 years and whilst he's not for me romantically, I do trust him. If he wanted access, id be happy to grant it to him. The finances thing could get a little harder I guess - if they wanted access but didn't want to contribute financially - that could be frustrating but I think I'm getting ahead of myself at this point. I think he and I will work it out. But I will talk to him more on some of these concerns.

Fresh sperm over frozen when dealing with old eggs - infinitely more attractive than frozen, as you said @jk566. I think I'll squeeze in a natural cycle with him before I got away at the end of this month, just got my period so I calculate maybe asking him to catch up for 'insemination duties' on day 12, 13, 14 of my cycle, then I head to noosa on day 15. If it fails, I could try medicated iui the following month. Hycosy next week so tubes will be flushed and ready to go.

Hello, a plan in place!!!
    Woohoo @Kelly70

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG @Kelly70 I have a good feeling about this!! Freshly washed out tubes + fresh virile sperm sounds like a winning formula. do you keep track of your ovulation? Reason I ask is when I got pregnant it was from DTD on CD8 (was only the once we weren't careful, hence an even bigger shock I got pregnant) but normally my ovulation was always CD 13 or 14. So I must've ovulated early that time (I was previously tracking using OPK's but not that month). Plus I think my partner has super sperm lol. But it might not hurt to start a little earlier than day 12 cause you just never know as sperm can survive up to 4 days I think?

A lot to think based on the other girls advice but I reckon it's worth a shot. As you say you've known the guy for 8 years so I think you'd know if it wasn't right.

And great news about your bro too, so glad for you all it hasn't spread. What a massive relief!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-05-2015),Kelly70  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Keeping everything crossed for you @Penny75 & @Sue77!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    Keeping everything crossed for you @Penny75 & @Sue77!
    Ditto. How long to poas? I need something else to count down to since apparently I'll be pregnant forever.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-05-2015),Jem70  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 sounds like a good plan

@ScubaGal I'm still unsure whether I'll POAS yet. I'm doing my last pregnyl shot today. Hope you get to meet your bubba soon!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-05-2015)