Closed Thread
Page 74 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Sue77 Good Luck Luv!!!! for a sticky BFP!!! Will keep my eye out for your update!

@Penny75 How you holding up Luv??? Here's some more C'mon Embie(s)!!!

@ScubaGal Tick, tick, tick....... C'mon Bubba!!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 12-05-2015 at 13:12.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Sue, ooh good luck with your transfer! Will be watching your progress and I have a good feeling for you.
    Afm, just in a bit of a holding pattern, getting SVG done next week, then seeing a new Gyno, then maybe a round of ivf with my new FS.

Goodluck to you too Penny, as Blonde said, plenty of morulas turn into babies.

Hi to everyone else.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-05-2015),Kelly70  (13-05-2015),Penny75  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Sue77, I hope your transfer went well yesterday. Sending lots of baby dust your way

AFM I'm doing ok so far in the 2WW but I am only 4 days in so I've still got plenty of time to drive myself crazy yet i'm still thinking about whether to test out the pregnyl after my last shot on Saturday. It's tempting.

@Skylar good luck with your appointments and new FS - that's kind of exciting to be starting with someone new.

@BlondeinBrisvegas thanks as always for your positivity, wealth of knowledge and for cheering all us ladies on. It's pretty awesome of you

Hope everyone is doing well.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-05-2015),Skyler  (13-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Penny75 Bloody 2WTorture!!! Hang in there Luv!! for a sticky!!! Hope you've got a couple of boxes of FRER on standby just in case!!! Thanks for the compliments too Luv I'm desperate for you all to get BFP's!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 13-05-2015 at 19:45.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #3

@Penny75, 2ww is SO hard, id be tempted to test the pregnyl out, even just for a bit of fun! I'd love to see something come of this double embryo transfer for you.. Crossing everything hon.
    @Sue77 - hoping you're now enjoying that sweet PUPO feeling and that this one is it for you! You've been through the works and so deserve a lucky break.
    @Blonde, sunshine on a rainy day as always x

AFM: the cancer rollercoaster still has me and our family in it's grip. My brother went for his 3rd chemo last Friday (half way woohoo!!), then went for his first spinal tap/chemo into the spinal fluid on Monday, plus they took a sample of his spinal fluid to test for central nervous system involvement. This procedure has given him awful side effects, lots of pain, excruciating headaches and just bed ridden for the last 2 days. He has switched across to a professor of hematology at Peter Mac now for the rest of his treatment, it doesn't get more senior than him so he's in the best possible hands now. We get the results of the Spinal fluid test next Wed so another excruciating wait. 95% chance of it not being in his CNS, so holding onto those awesome odds and staying positive til then.

With all this stuff going on, I've had to wrench my focus back to these last fertility treatments I have planned with Fertility First in Sydney. I rang Women's Ultrasound in East Melb today, ouch, hycosy is about $500 out of pocket. Has to be done bw day 5 and 12 so that is a couple weeks away for me yet. This cycle is a bust as I'm away, so day 1 of my first medicated IUI will be mid June. I had my follow up apt by phone today with Dr Ann and all my bloods came back spot on (she said, you're one of the few ppl not to get a single letter your bloodwork is so perfect). I mentioned my less than 1 amh and she interrupted me and said, I don't care about that, irrelevant to pregnancy outcome majority of the time. She said, let's look at the antral follicle count scan they'll do during your hycosy and see if you have any eggs left. I said, that will be low too!! (I think my AFC in 2014 was 2, so who knows, maybe it's now zero!!) She said, let's deal in facts and assume nothing til we know for sure!! Love her!! Anyways I said I wanted to to as many month by month iui rounds as I can fit in before I turn 45 in October, which will be 4 or 5. She said, you can do whatever you like!! I'm just here to make sure nothing will prevent it and to give you all possible info that is relevant.

In the meantime, a spot has come up for me again in the sperm donor management program at Melb IVF, they called me today!

And, how weird is life - a male friend (a brief ex from years ago) has offered to help me try and get pregnant!! He's happy to be as much or as little as involved as I want, if there was a child. He knows about my ivf struggles and my brother and says life is short and he wants to help.
    Jeepers!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    @Penny75, 2ww is SO hard, id be tempted to test the pregnyl out, even just for a bit of fun! I'd love to see something come of this double embryo transfer for you.. Crossing everything hon.
    @Sue77 - hoping you're now enjoying that sweet PUPO feeling and that this one is it for you! You've been through the works and so deserve a lucky break.
    @Blonde, sunshine on a rainy day as always x

AFM: the cancer rollercoaster still has me and our family in it's grip. My brother went for his 3rd chemo last Friday (half way woohoo!!), then went for his first spinal tap/chemo into the spinal fluid on Monday, plus they took a sample of his spinal fluid to test for central nervous system involvement. This procedure has given him awful side effects, lots of pain, excruciating headaches and just bed ridden for the last 2 days. He has switched across to a professor of hematology at Peter Mac now for the rest of his treatment, it doesn't get more senior than him so he's in the best possible hands now. We get the results of the Spinal fluid test next Wed so another excruciating wait. 95% chance of it not being in his CNS, so holding onto those awesome odds and staying positive til then.

With all this stuff going on, I've had to wrench my focus back to these last fertility treatments I have planned with Fertility First in Sydney. I rang Women's Ultrasound in East Melb today, ouch, hycosy is about $500 out of pocket. Has to be done bw day 5 and 12 so that is a couple weeks away for me yet. This cycle is a bust as I'm away, so day 1 of my first medicated IUI will be mid June. I had my follow up apt by phone today with Dr Ann and all my bloods came back spot on (she said, you're one of the few ppl not to get a single letter your bloodwork is so perfect). I mentioned my less than 1 amh and she interrupted me and said, I don't care about that, irrelevant to pregnancy outcome majority of the time. She said, let's look at the antral follicle count scan they'll do during your hycosy and see if you have any eggs left. I said, that will be low too!! (I think my AFC in 2014 was 2, so who knows, maybe it's now zero!!) She said, let's deal in facts and assume nothing til we know for sure!! Love her!! Anyways I said I wanted to to as many month by month iui rounds as I can fit in before I turn 45 in October, which will be 4 or 5. She said, you can do whatever you like!! I'm just here to make sure nothing will prevent it and to give you all possible info that is relevant.

In the meantime, a spot has come up for me again in the sperm donor management program at Melb IVF, they called me today!

And, how weird is life - a male friend (a brief ex from years ago) has offered to help me try and get pregnant!! He's happy to be as much or as little as involved as I want, if there was a child. He knows about my ivf struggles and my brother and says life is short and he wants to help.
    Jeepers!!
    That's a pretty great offer from the friend. Are you considering it? Any chance you could do it the old fashioned way? Would save you a bundle...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Scuba, that would definitely be the way we would do it, naturally!! I'd find that side of it less than ideal, as I'm not in love with him or in a relationship!! He's happy to DTD around my ovulation window so I'd have to try and think of it as a clinical thing. Have a feeling he'd be happy to practice outside of that window too but I'd not be keen on that!! I've caught up with him already and discussed it - felt like it was the best offer ever but now I'm worried about it potentially being complicated down the track. Do I need to set expectations and boundaries now, or do I just go with the flow? What if he wants more of a say in things as time goes on?? It's hard to resist though as I suspect natural with a healthy, virile guy (which he is) would be my best chance. But then, medicated iui is a direct hit too, so prob much of muchness, whichever way, but yes, cheaper!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi laddie .. My embryo tansfer went well. Transferred 1 blast. And now the excruciating wait!!

Thank u all of u scubagal penny75 Kelly 70 Blondeinbrisvegas skyler for your support . It means a lot...

a new new appraoach can sometimes do wonders Skyler . Fingers crossed for u

Penny 75 there is definitely hope for a bfp .. Praying for u

Kelly70 I really hope the blood tests of your brother come out fine .. U and ur family is going through a lot.. It's a trying time.. But I m sure it will be over soon.xx

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-05-2015),Kelly70  (14-05-2015),Skyler  (14-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Hey Scuba, that would definitely be the way we would do it, naturally!! I'd find that side of it less than ideal, as I'm not in love with him or in a relationship!! He's happy to DTD around my ovulation window so I'd have to try and think of it as a clinical thing. Have a feeling he'd be happy to practice outside of that window too but I'd not be keen on that!! I've caught up with him already and discussed it - felt like it was the best offer ever but now I'm worried about it potentially being complicated down the track. Do I need to set expectations and boundaries now, or do I just go with the flow? What if he wants more of a say in things as time goes on?? It's hard to resist though as I suspect natural with a healthy, virile guy (which he is) would be my best chance. But then, medicated iui is a direct hit too, so prob much of muchness, whichever way, but yes, cheaper!!
    I reckon it's a golden goose. You'd need a written agreement or something (that would make it feel pretty clinical which is a good thing) and you could spell out timing (how many shags during fertile period etc) and you'd want to clarify parental rights on paper.

But I'd go for it if you think you can. Unless the relationship prospect you mentioned the other day has legs? That's probably the only worry.

Will your boyfriend mind if you shag your sperm donor...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah forgot to mention that I had to let the guy with the vasectomy go in the end, it was playing on my mind too much. Seemed like a big risk to take with someone. So no restrictions there.

How does one go about writing something up regarding parental rights etc?? this guy is very laid back and has already said he doesn't want anything too formal or lawyers etc

I wouldn't want child support out of him, unless he wanted to contribute down the track. I know he's not in a financial position atm to support a child. And I think id like the child to know his/her dad and have some kind of relationship but how does one define that on paper? Won't the relationship evolve over time potentially? Ugh could be more complicated than if I do all myself.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post: