Closed Thread
Page 70 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies and welcome @tryingfornum1 Try not to get too worried about your AMH, as the other ladies have said it's more about how you respond to the drugs and also egg quality. It's good that you are kicking thing off at the age you are now and you're in with one of the best FS in the country so you have every reason to feel positive

@Kelly70 - just weighing in with my 2 cents on your situation with the guy - for me, if I met a new love interest now then there is no question that I would be upfront about the fact I'm doing IVF with donor sperm but there is no way I would stop at this point as time is of the essence. I don't feel I have the time to pause and see if a new love interest is the 'one' I could have babies with - if it turns out he is then it would take at least 6 months to work that out and my fertility will have declined further by then. If it doesn't work out then I would have wasted months. Either way, I would invest time I don't feel I have in a relationship and possibly miss my chance to be a Mum (with my own eggs). The other thing I'd have in the back of my mind is that it's easy for him to say now while he's pursuing you that he'd have a vasectomy reversal but when push comes to shove, what's to stop him changing his mind? It happens all the time - man says he is open to having kids at the beginning and then after months/years invested in the relationship changes his mind. So, I guess what I'm saying in a long winded way, is the fact he has had a vasectomy wouldn't stop me dating him if there were chemistry, but I definitely would not put my baby plans on hold. If he's the right man for you then he'll understand how important it is for you to continue on your path to chase your dream. Sorry, if I'm being too black and white - I know it's not easy.

Sending positive thoughts for your brother xx

AFM I had EPU yesterday and got my results this morning. 4 eggs fertilised out of 7 eggs. Well done Wazza!! I'm feeling relieved I'm in a better position than I was last cycle but it's going to be a nerve wracking few days waiting until Saturday. Fingers crossed I have at least one good quality blastie to transfer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015),Skyler  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ooo 4 out of 7 is excellent @Penny75 - will you try and grow them all to 5 days?? Very excellent work by Wazza!!

Thanks for everyone's input re the dating: he has one kid who is now a teenager. When he was married, his ex partner also had 2 kids from a previous rship so they had 3 bw them. He had the vasectomy then. Now he's single again, he wishes he hadn't had it as he wouldn't mind having another child if he met the right person. He mentioned ivf and the possibility of sperm extraction so he's clearly thought about it.

For me though @Penny75, if I was younger ie/ your age and knew what I know now, there's no way I'd be dating.. I'd be going for gold to have a baby on my own and not waste any time. But at 44, I really doubt any fertility procedures are going to help me any - I just don't have the reserves or the response to the drugs. Plus I've been alone quite some time and am a bit over it. I suspect the only chance I'd have for a preg in the future would be naturally. Thus the open attitude to meeting someone. With this guy: I know I don't respond well to ivf so even if things did work out and we wanted to try for a baby down the track, ivf may not work and I would be the problematic one.

Anyways still early days, I just met the guy. And could go off him as easily as I warmed to him (as is usually my way!!) and I'm not stopping my fertility stuff in the background, although at this point it will be end of June before I could have a shot at medicated iui as I have a brief holiday pre-booked in noosa next month which clashes with my next ovulation window. So I have some time to get the hycosy and other ducks lined up. I'm not telling him about the fertility stuff at this point. Selfish to juggle multiple balls but that's what I'm doing right now.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015),Penny75  (07-05-2015),Skyler  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Penny75 Whoot-Whoot!! Way to go Luv!! they keep on growing until Sat Luv!! At least you can ring the lab and speak to the Embryologist for a daily report. you have at least 2 blasty's to transfer!!!

@Kelly70 Aaahh yes, well it totally made sense then to do it when he was with his ex. Yep, that's fair enough Luv what your plan is I reckon I bet you're looking forward to your mini holiday next month

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 sorry if my view on dating was a bit off the mark for where you're at right now - I can see I'm blinkered and seeing things through the one lens only at the moment. I totally get what you're saying and your plan makes sense. Though weren't you thinking of giving IVF another go after your appointment with the FS in Sydney?

I am going to try to grow all my embies out to 5 days as that's what Waz recommends. It's going to be a nail biting few days!!
    @BlondeinBrisvegas yeah, it would be amazing to have two to transfer on Saturday!! Here's hoping

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015),Skyler  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo @Penny75 - everything crossed for you lovely!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-05-2015),Penny75  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - I'm back and I've just caught up on all your updates. Kelly70 am shattered to hear about your brothers diagnosis and I really hope that due to his age he will recover quick. I've had family members go through chemo and its not pretty but fingers crossed that it zaps the cancer fast. Glad to hear you went to fertility first. I know a few people who had success there. I would still proceed with the iui even though you are dating a new guy. If he's only new he doesn't really need to know yet especially if you have only just met him.

Tryingformum1 forget amh tests I remember when I did mine my result was 1. I was devoed and the FS never explains it properly leaving you feeling like your going through the pause or something. Yes you won't produce that many eggs and in my last cycle I managed to squeeze out 1 egg and now I've got a 7 month old. Has that much time passed ??

Penny75 hi just letting you know my daughter is the result of donor sperm and she's amazing. If you need support I'm here for that. Having a kid by yourself is full on and you do need a support network and people to help you.

Hi everyone else, I hope you are all doing well. Any if you doing cycles at the moment don't dwell on egg numbers only one good one is all you need. Also see if your clinics do 5 day transfers this will weed out the dodgy ones and you don't have to suffer through a 2ww with low quality embryos if you possibly can, if available.

As for me, Angela is 7 months old and crawling and starting to be a human ! She's awesome and the best thing that has happened to me.

Good luck to the pregnant ladies and others with babes.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-05-2015),Kelly70  (06-05-2015),Penny75  (06-05-2015),Skyler  (06-05-2015),tryingfornum1  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Penny75 Any Day 2 report today Luv??? ..C'mon Embies!!!

@Helsbaby Good to hear from you Luv!! Can't believe your little one is crawling already!! My LO isn't even close yet. She's far too interested in sitting up and standing up all the freaking time!!! She seems to be doing other things a little on the earlier side of normal. In the last month she's started sitting up unassisted, saying "Mum,Mumma", grabbing blocks and smashing them together, knocking over a tower of blocks when built up for her, clapping her hands etc, but stuff like rolling/crawling she's just not interested in They all get there in the end I guess

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ah the wonderful voice of reassurance that is @Helsbaby!!! Popping back in in the nick of time to inspire us all over again!! Just what I needed right now, welcome back lovely.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Helsbaby! I know going it alone isn't going to be easy but I also feel absolutely certain it's the right path for me and that it's going to be worth every difficult moment. So wonderful to hear you say your baby girl is the best thing that's ever happened to you

Thanks for checking in @BlondeinBrisvegas All 4 embies are at 4 cells today, which is right on track for where they like them to be. I've got 1 x grade 4, 2 x grade 3 and 1 x grade 2. Praying they keep on growing

Thanks for the encouragement @Jem70 - lovely to hear from you! Hope all is going well in your world and in particular with your new romance!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-05-2015),ScubaGal  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Go @Penny75 lets get you up the duff luv.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (07-05-2015)