Closed Thread
Page 7 of 102 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wkelly70 ..that's tough to hear.. I m sorry that Lynn said that.. But she wants to try some new things for you. I really hope that when u start afresh after the new year, your cycle gives you all the positive results.. Big hugs xoxo

Helsbaby, thanks .. I am fine, trying not to poas and wait till Friday for the bt.. It's kind of a lottery or just a numbers game I guess..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    AF def here for me. Apparently I have to keep taking progesterone until blood test - that is really crap!
    @Kelly70 I've got a frostie but the cells were fragmented so they said it was a long shot - like they aren't all long shots. today sounds like it was tough but I think it's worth the miracle lucky dip - you havent had a full run with Lynn yet so give it a go.

I suppose FS will call me after the negative bloodtest on the weekend. Hard to to care much today!
    @Nereid and @SueK77 - every day with out AF is a good sign as you would have been due now - until proven otherwise I'm remaining hopeful for you!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Oh so much sad news on this thread, really hoping @SueK77 can give us all the win, fingers crossed.
    @Kelly70 that must have been so hard to hear, but I'm glad you're giving it one more go - I think it's positive that Lynn has some ideas about what to change. If she didn't have any ideas I'd be worried but I think one more go sounds like a good plan. You got so many eggs this time compared to last, so hopefully some tweaking might get you a good one?

Hugs to all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70: Oh Luv, am so sorry to hear Lynn's verdict on your Cycle Must've felt like a kick in the guts when you're already down(and not a happy faced one either...why the hell don't they make a hugs icon with a sad, crying face FFS?? Anyhoo, I digress....)

I agree with @Helsbaby. Take a timeout and if you feel you've got it in you to give it one more go, then do it Luv. I definitely would if I was in your shoes. If you do decide to give it another go I'd be happy to post what vitamins/supplements Wazza had me on (and all his other Girls that Cycle with him as far as I know) to try to maximise egg quality if you think it might help?? That offer stands for all the other Ladies as well

I've used Puregon and Gonal-F and as @Helsbaby says, they're the same thing essentially. I've used Menopur, Lucrin/ Cetrotide instead of Orgalutran and HGH too (used that in Cycle 4 but it made FA difference to my egg quality in my opinion so dropped it for Cycle 5). I also did an Endo Scratch and Lipoidal Flush for Cycle 4 and just the Scratch for Cycle 5. Am wondering if Luveris might help your egg quality too?? Yep, you'll use Synarel at the beginning to down regulate yourself before starting Stimm's (used it myself in Cycle's 1,2@3 which were all long down regulated Cycles). I understand where she's coming from r.e ICSI. Had a couple of my eggs literally explode in one of my earlier Cycles when the embryologist ICSI'd them which is what happens when eggs are too fragile which is a quality issue unfortunately. Anyhoo...am sure taking a step back from things will give you the breathing space you need to make whatever decision is right for you Luvxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 12-11-2014 at 20:07.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - thankyou hon!! Your message just really lifted me for some reason. Thank you for all that useful info - I would LOVE to know the supps (and doses if you recall). Anything you know about improving egg quality would be fab. I'd be throwing absolutely everything at another cycle so I would love to get a comprehensive list together.

Luveris is LH basically isn't it.. Not sure what Lynn's take would be on that as she switched me from Menopur to puregon saying that too much Menopur is bad for the eggs. I assume she meant the LH part of Menopur rather than the fsh part as puregon is fsh right?

Not sure how I feel about the non-ICSI - rock and a hard place, eggs too brittle to inject but too tough to be penetrated by sperm in a natural fert? I dunno this whole thing is p1ss1ng me off big time!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh (virtual scream).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just remembered I have one last shot with my donor at melb ivf too @Jem70. I think no more than 4 months can pass before you forfeit it... Hum. Something to ponder I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 worth considering! I would email the nurse and check.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70: It's my pleasure Luv. Will drag out my rather weighty IVF file asap @ post the cocktail for you @ any other Ladies that might be interested😊

Yes...Gonal-F/Puregon are pure FSH, Menopur is a combination FSH/LH @ Luveris is pure LH. Most FS agree we need some LH for good follicle growth while others think that too much can be detremental to egg quality. Other FS like Wazza believe in alternating both to get a better response.

So for eg..in my Cycles with Wazza I alternated either Gonal-F or Puregon with Menopur. One day the Gonal/ Puregon (whichever I was using) the next the Menopur. He also believes in splitting your dose @ injecting half in the morn morn @ half at night so as to promote even @ uniform follicle growth.

Alternitively...Luveris could be added in small doses from Day 6-10 of stimming. Just an idea Luv. As to the natural fertilisation I have no idea as we had to do ICSI as DP had to undergo a TESA procedure to get sperm to use.

Anyhoo Luv, must go for now but will be back when I can to post that list for you😊xo

@Jem70: How fragmented could your frostie be?? It's good enough to freeze so am a bit confused there😕 Some fragmentation is normal. Under 10% is desirable but anything less than 25% is ok too.xo

Hello to all the other Ladies too😊xo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 13-11-2014 at 07:10.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A very painful AF arrived for me yesterday. I thought I was getting better at this, but apparently not. Miserable and heartbroken (@BlondeinBrisvegas how right you are about those icons, they just don't cut it do they?? )

Really hope you have good news today @Sue77

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Sue77, just read other thread. I'm so so sorry, love. Hugs x