Closed Thread
Page 69 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd definitely say it's worth a try then kel, you just never know!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy 32 and high FSH

Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been going out of my mind in despair High FSH 14.7 and Low AMH(9.3)

I never realised that I could cry so much

Always feel like you're alone and that's the worst feeling.

Anyway I got an appointment with Lynn Burmeister in June and started Accupunture last week so at least I feel goo about something. As soon as I found out I felt like my entire world just fell apart in a second.

Baby dust to all of you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome tryingfornum1.. While we all can get sad n unhappy through this journey at some times, I just want to say that We all arethere for each other.. All the ladies in this group are very supportive .. U can also join a thread on lynn Burmeister . It's known as lynn burmeister feedback wanted please.. U can share stuff about LB there .. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tryingfornum1 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I am so glad I found this forum. I have been going out of my mind in despair High FSH 14.7 and Low AMH(9.3)

I never realised that I could cry so much

Always feel like you're alone and that's the worst feeling.

Anyway I got an appointment with Lynn Burmeister in June and started Accupunture last week so at least I feel goo about something. As soon as I found out I felt like my entire world just fell apart in a second.

Baby dust to all of you
    Ah lovely girl - this stuff can be scary hey! But there is a lovely bunch of girls on this thread and we'll all cheer you on 😊. And to start cheering you on and give you some faith, my girlfriend is about to have Bub no.2 with an AMH of 1.2 ... So you my dear are a little goldmine of eggs and Lynn has a brilliant reputation so I'm thinking all good things are in store for you! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome tryingfornum1. It's a difficult journey (understatement).
    However, numbers sometimes don't mean everything. I have just started at a new FS and I asked him if he needed to re-run my bloods and check AMH etc. as it has not been tested since 2 years ago and could have changed (was 14ish I think). He said no, the test of ovarian reserve is how you respond to stims, that is whether you produce eggs or not. So I know it's hard but try not to get too caught up in the numbers.
    You're comparatively young, see how you go stimming, you may be surprised and get a great haul of eggs.
    Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @tryingfornum1 Welcome Luv Don't have much to add on to what the other Girls have said, only that your AMH level doesn't mean there are no eggs for the taking ok?? You've also got a great chance that your eggs will be of a very good quality because of your age and really, when push comes to shove, it's the quality that counts

You're in great hands with Lynn who's definitely one of the best from what I know from the other Girls here on BH and have read about her and you're definitely not alone Feel free to ask any questions, etc you might have as we're all here to help if we can

the acupuncture helps too I know you feel like your world has come crashing down etc but I think you're definitely in with a really good chance Luv 9.3 although low for your age group isn't too bad in the big scheme of things at all IMO. As @Skyler's FS said, it's about how well your ovaries respond to the drugs used to stimulate them

Good luck Luv!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 04-05-2015 at 19:57.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I already feel better by your responses. Thank you so much.
    I have seen that you ladies have also been a rock for each other in your journeys.
    Nice to see people care so much about others. Especially when we are all strangers

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tryingfornum1 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015),Kelly70  (05-05-2015),Skyler  (04-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls,

Gosh I need to catch up, am a bit behind. Welcome @tryingfornum1! Wondering where some of you are at - @Penny75, any update? @Skyler? And where is @littlesparrow74

AFM: finding it exceedingly hard to focus on my fertility stuff with all this upheaval happening around my brother - he is coming up to his third chemo this fri and went for a routine pre-chemo apt last week. They had a letter for him there from his senior hematologist - who had done further reviews of his bone marrow biopsy and they have seen that the lymphoma has turned aggressive in his bone marrow (they call it transformation). Due to this he is now at risk of it being or migrating to his central nervous system so they want to change his treatment - he'll now need to undergo tests of the spinal fluid to see if it's in there and then high dose chemo via spinal tap into the spine, on top of his regular chemo. It's come as a massive shock, I had to leave work early Friday and race up there as he was in pieces. So bloody hard hugging your brother while he cries!! If it gets into his brain, it's a whole different ball game so good vibes everyone that he cuts a lucky break here. There's only a 5% chance it has gone there though so I'm thinking the docs are being uber cautious and I'm staying optimistic at this point!!

In other news: I met a lovely man recently who I had chemistry with and he wants to see me again. Only thing is and this is typical of my luck with men!! - he's had a vasectomy. He had it 5 years ago and regrets it, says if he meets the right person, he'd have it reversed. But... I'm looking for someone who is open to possibly a kid and who has the functionality!! But who has maybe already had kids and it isn't their main priority, as I may not be able to give them a child due to my age. But a vasectomy!!! Argh! Do I cut off a potential perfect match for this reason now or do I give it more time and hope to hell that if we fell in love, a reversal would be successful. It just seems like it might be a bit hard facing that as well as all my own fertility issues.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Go for the love @Kelly70 ! I think ICSI and sperm retrieval is pretty successful in vasectomy cases

Fingers crossed for your brother that it all stays in the treatable zone.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Oh Luv!!! That would've been an awful shock for you @ your brother Just when you get your head around one diagnosis and treatment plan, the goal posts change and you have to do it all over again!! It frucking sux the whole lot of it!!!

So, the odds are in his favour it hasn't gotten into his brain and that's one positive. The other is that his doc's are getting out the "big guns" now in terms of treatment which will stop it in its tracks his spinal fluid is clear Luv.

That's great about the new guy Luv!! Yay!!! The only issue is reversals aren't always successful and it's the time factor isn't it?? If things work out with him, would he be ready in like 6 months to start the ball rolling on a reversal?? So, he has no kids and had a vasectomy???

However, as we know, and as @ScubaGal pointed out, TESA is highly successful procedure to retrieve sperm particularly in vasectomy cases as is ICSI'ing the eggs with it. My DP's blockage had exactly the same effect as if he'd had a vasectomy and there was no problems with getting good quality, usable sperm from him plus extra to freeze.

Having a child doesn't seem to be his main priority when looking for a partner or am I reading the whole situation wrong?? But I understand what you're saying. It would be a lot easier if you had a man like that..who'd already had kids but was open to more if the situation was right but wouldn't be devo if it didn't happen.

I think there are a few different options here: a) give it a bit more time and see what happens with him, b) go ahead with your IUI plans with the new FS and date this guy at the same time whilst being open with him (if you haven't already) about what you're doing and why, c) stop it before it goes any further and keep on looking while you go ahead with the IUI plan, d) try another IVF cycle with DS and hope to get some frosties?? Can see that's about as helpful as tits on a bull!!!!

Why does it have to be so hard hey Luv?? When are you due to see your FS again?? Maybe things with this new guy will become a bit clearer in a few more weeks of dating him especially if you're seeing him somewhat regularly??

Am sending prayers and healing to the Universe for your brother Luv

Hello to all the other Lovelies too.....

In particular you @ScubaGal who I'm stalking from the sidelines for "Breaking Baby News" Any day now Girl!!!