Closed Thread
Page 68 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Kellyk77 I massively feel for you on the SPD front. I really hope it starts to either gently ease while your in the last stage of pregnancy or just after. I'm guessing your physio has already spoken to you about SPD birthing positions if your having a vaginal delivery.
    Unfortunately I was one of the ones that it didn't go away for after birth. While I had surgery for something else recently I asked the surgeon to inject the SPD area with a cortisone injection (osteopaths suggestion). It was amazing the difference it made but it's wearing off now after only 4 months. If IVF works & I end up with another c-section I'll ask for another cortisone injection while I'm numb!
    A tiny tip...once bubs comes along try to squeeze your knees tightly together when you pick bubs up, or anything heavy for that matter, like the pram.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli that's terrible to hear you are still affected by SPD. Physio has told me there is that possibility that it might not go away after the birth. I'm going to try and remain optimistic but at least I know it could happen. Thanks for the tips too 😊 I see the physio again in a few weeks and she will go through the birthing positions with me then.
    @ScubaGal omg so close!! I'll be stalking for updates.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey girls,

Just wondering if any of you have had the hycosy done? And if so, what to expect, is it painful? My girlfriend had it done and said it wasn't pleasant.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, If a hycosy is another name for a hysterosalpingogram? I've had one. My experience of it is out of the ordinary I think. Some people say it's fine. Unfortunately I had a vasovagal reaction as the catheter (a lot thicker than what they use for ivf) was passed through the cervix. Then the injection of the dye, I found unbearably painful, my blood pressure dropped and I had to get them to stop. And I'm not a wuss with pain.

Goodluck, perhaps a Valium beforehand could be beneficial.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #3

Thanks @Skyler - Jeez, not liking the sound of it at all! I think it's the new form of the tubal patency test, they inject fluid into the uterus and check it traverses the tubes? The new hycosy is meant to be better tolerated I think, but it will be expensive for me as it's out of pocket. Plus I feel like I've endured enough physically and financially, it's putting me off going forward. Plus I had a pregnancy so I know my tubes are open but Dr seemed to think a d&c can cause issues.. And wants to be sure nothing will prevent a future preg. I just don't know if I have the energy!!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015),Skyler  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 I had the tubal patency and I'm not going to lie, it was bloody awful! But they told me that it also act as a good clean out of the tubes and they often find that women who have had it done then fall pregnant. Not sure if was a total fluke but I had it in August and got pregnant in October! So it might be worth a try? But agree with skylar, take Valium!! It's not pleasant.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015),Skyler  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes Kelly70, sounds like the same or similar sort of thing I had. Also called a hsg for short. Get what you mean about needing the energy to go forward with more procedures. I'm in the same boat.
    I had a natural conception too although one tube is definitely blocked. It's a crappy test but try to do it, they can assess things other than the tubes like a uterine septum. Just have a Valium or ask the Dr for some midazolam, it's great, short acting. I know, this journey is so hard. Recently I nearly threw in the towel but just mustering the strength to carry on.

Hi to all of you ladies too. I read back on the beginnings of this thread and got inspired by some of the great success stories like Helsbaby and Teampanda. You too Kellyk77. Wishing for some of their luck.
    Last edited by Skyler; 29-04-2015 at 18:14.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-04-2015),Kellyk77  (29-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, guess I'll bite the bullet and get it done then - funny you should say that Kel, my friend who had it done is 7 months pregnant!! She fell shortly after her test and had very low reserves/AFC for her age. She's only 36 though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly I might be one of the lucky ones, I had it done and it was no more uncomfortable than a bad Pap smear - some cramping later but that was it. Hopefully it's like that for you too and it helps to get positive results for you.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-04-2015),Kelly70  (30-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive had the ultrasound version of a HSG. The procedure itself wasn't bad, but I did have a bit of pain when the anchoring balloon was blown up (they may have blown it up too much?). I think if your tubes are blocked you may get more pain- the contrast can flush out your tubes but if blocked the pressure can cause cramping.
    I was also told by the doc about an increase in pregnancy rates following the study. I did it between IUI 2 and 3, but wish I had done it before IUI 1- it may have helped if I had done it earlier.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SJ565 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (30-04-2015),Kelly70  (30-04-2015),Skyler  (04-05-2015)