Closed Thread
Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 Glad you made it Luv!! Good Luck Giirrrlll!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (22-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow what a day!!
    And what a difference a new city makes. Impressed with the clinic and staff, very personalized and the clinic itself is borderline luxurious. Really liked Dr Anne Clark - very very thorough, wasn't impressed with the mega doses of fsh in my earlier cycles and said that it's possible the treatment approach could be more to blame for zero success than my eggs. She noted my only embryo came from Menopur use and said that the use of LH in treatment of older women is key. She said they use a pure form of LH in their cycles. She was indicating that whilst I was welcome to do iui (with some medication she suggested), that perhaps I shouldn't close the book on ivf just yet.. She wants to examine all the scans and bloods from my cycles. She wasn't impressed with 4 weeks of injecting during my cycle with Lynn.

She's run all my bloods again - this time we are testing for SO much more than either of my Melb clinics ever did including: anti-sperm antibodies, ANAs, immune stuff (NK cells??), folic and vit d levels, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also to have a hycosy (ugh) done to check all is well with uterus and tubes - I mentioned the pregnancy as a sign my tubes are open but she was concerned about the d&c and wants to be sure before we start. I'm to have another AFC done too. UBER thorough!!

Their IVF including ICSI is around 7.5k as opposed to 12k here in Melbs, 2k out of pocket!! All components look the same as what I got here in Melbs. She says she is about the last of the independent fertility docs and as she is not a big corporation, there are no share holders to pay thus it all costs less. The medicated iui/donor insem costs slightly more than ivf ffs.

Wish I lived nearby!!

And no one telling me I am too old or my odds are too low or any of the usual negative ****e you get over 40. I mentioned my uber low amh and she was pretty vocal about low amh not being reflective of quality. She certainly wasn't blowing wind up my ***, in terms of my chances, but gosh it was a different vibe.

I'm to get my stuff done in Melbs then I'm having a phone consult with her in 3 weeks as to our plan. Then I'll fly up (prob a week later as my period will be due about then).

Nice long chat with the counseler and a big list of their donors - only a handful of locals then dozens more from their connection to the US sperm bank, Xytex. If I choose a US donor, I can pay a fee and see adult photos if I want!!

Definitely worth the trip, @Jem70, you may want to check it out hon.

Hugs to all xxx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-04-2015),Jem70  (23-04-2015),Skyler  (24-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Wow what a day!!
    And what a difference a new city makes. Impressed with the clinic and staff, very personalized and the clinic itself is borderline luxurious. Really liked Dr Anne Clark - very very thorough, wasn't impressed with the mega doses of fsh in my earlier cycles and said that it's possible the treatment approach could be more to blame for zero success than my eggs. She noted my only embryo came from Menopur use and said that the use of LH in treatment of older women is key. She said they use a pure form of LH in their cycles. She was indicating that whilst I was welcome to do iui (with some medication she suggested), that perhaps I shouldn't close the book on ivf just yet.. She wants to examine all the scans and bloods from my cycles. She wasn't impressed with 4 weeks of injecting during my cycle with Lynn.

She's run all my bloods again - this time we are testing for SO much more than either of my Melb clinics ever did including: anti-sperm antibodies, ANAs, immune stuff (NK cells??), folic and vit d levels, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm also to have a hycosy (ugh) done to check all is well with uterus and tubes - I mentioned the pregnancy as a sign my tubes are open but she was concerned about the d&c and wants to be sure before we start. I'm to have another AFC done too. UBER thorough!!

Their IVF including ICSI is around 7.5k as opposed to 12k here in Melbs, 2k out of pocket!! All components look the same as what I got here in Melbs. She says she is about the last of the independent fertility docs and as she is not a big corporation, there are no share holders to pay thus it all costs less. The medicated iui/donor insem costs slightly more than ivf ffs.

Wish I lived nearby!!

And no one telling me I am too old or my odds are too low or any of the usual negative ****e you get over 40. I mentioned my uber low amh and she was pretty vocal about low amh not being reflective of quality. She certainly wasn't blowing wind up my ***, in terms of my chances, but gosh it was a different vibe.

I'm to get my stuff done in Melbs then I'm having a phone consult with her in 3 weeks as to our plan. Then I'll fly up (prob a week later as my period will be due about then).

Nice long chat with the counseler and a big list of their donors - only a handful of locals then dozens more from their connection to the US sperm bank, Xytex. If I choose a US donor, I can pay a fee and see adult photos if I want!!

Definitely worth the trip, @Jem70, you may want to check it out hon.

Hugs to all xxx
    That all sounds really really promising. I'm so glad it went so well

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so glad to read your post Kelly! That sounds like an absolute breath of fresh air - very hopeful. Crazy that you have to go so far for it, but hey, if it works, who cares!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    so happy @Kelly70 it sounds fantastic! you deserve this respect and more - I think the fact you got through all that wild weather is a sign.

AFM - well my little flirtation turned into date after date. Early days but I've met a lovely guy who I have an amazing connection with. Even told him about the IVF thing and he wasn't fazed at all. Not that we've had the conversation about 'us' but his attitude is that he has two kids and is fine to stop at that but equally open to having another if the circumstances were right. He is just a little lovely on every front - I'm going to see where this takes me.

Feeling conservatively hopeful for the future - I have to admit that I just can't face IVF again. I will find out how long my little frosties can stay on ice - I think it's 5 years then a further 5 with special permission but after all those feral drugs I'm not holding out any hope.

Thanks everyone - @Kelly70 @BlondeinBrisvegas @ScubaGal @Nereid @littleswallow74 @Penny75 in particular for all the kind words! And everyone else who has cheered and cried.

i will hang in here though and hope I can be there for everyone else!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-04-2015),Kelly70  (23-04-2015),Penny75  (23-04-2015),ScubaGal  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @missybear I'm so very sorry to read your update. I hope you and DH are doing ok. There are really no words I can offer that'll make it easier but just want you know I'm thinking of you x
    @Kelly70 that's fabulous re new clinic, it all sounds incredible! So glad to hear it's sounding so positive and your new FS is throwing everything plus the kitchen sink at it for you. I think it's def true re low amh not meaning poor quality, I'm an example of that with an amh of less than one at 37 but still managed to have a good quality egg left in there! Sucks that it's in Sydney but at least you get to get out of town for a bit every now and then for a change of scenery. Good luck with it all, I'll be lurking to check for updates 😊
    @Jem70 well that sounds all very exciting!! I'm so happy you've met a lovely man, gives you something beautiful to focus on and after all you've been through you certainly deserve it!! Enjoy x

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-04-2015),Jem70  (23-04-2015),Kelly70  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 OMFG Luv!!! She sounds fantastic!!! She's onto it in a big way which is encouraging IMO Weird the IUI costs more?? But overall, it's very reasonably priced allright!!

Anyhoo, she's thorough and wants to check everything out which is absolutely the right thing to do I reckon. Sounds like you'll have heaps more PD's (potential donor's) to choose from too and the fact you can see adult photo's (for a fee of course, hope it's not too expensive??) is a bonus too!!!

A bit more fart ars*ing about because you'll have to travel to Cycle, but sounds like it's worth the extra hassle to do it. Am excited already for you Luv!!! she can help you get over the line whichever way you choose!!

@Jem70 Oh Luv, that's great to hear!! It all sounds so promising with him so far. for the future!! Really hope he ends up being your Prince Charming Yes, keep popping in to let us know how you're going for sure!! Love me a good romance I must say!!

@Kellyk77 How are you doing Luv???

Hello to all the other Lovelies too......

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, just popping in to say hi
    @Jem70 so thrilled that you've met someone special! It's all sounding very promising I'm glad to hear you'll continue to hang in this thread as you've been a great support to so many of us and I personally want to say thanks for all the words of encouragement and support you've offered me. You've been truly awesome! Enjoy every moment of your blossoming romance and keep us updated
    @Kelly70 great news re the new FS. You sound like you're very comfortable with her approach, which is awesome! Re Xytex - the donor I selected is from there and I got to see one adult pic and one baby pic for free. I would have thought you'd get to see an adult pic for free also and then you can purchase additional adult pics if you want but I haven't looked into how much it is.

Big hello to @BlondeinBrisvegas and all the other lovely ladies on this thread.
    @littlesparrow74 I think I remember you were going to meet with your FS at the end of March to work out next steps. Any ideas when you might cycle again?

AFM, I'm back on the horse so to speak - day 2 of jabs. Fingers crossed

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-04-2015),Jem70  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Penny75 Great to hear from you Luv!! Are you doing anything different this Cycle?? for lots of lovely follies growing!!!

@littlesparrow74 How are you faring Luv??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (23-04-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas I'm doing an antagonist cycle this time and Waz has me on menopur 600iu (I was on gonal f last time and started at 450iu and he bumped it up to 600iu). I'm not doing the growth hormone this time as it didn't seem to do much last time and it's so expensive. He's also planning on doing a double trigger this time of ovidrel and pregnyl. I'm on clexane again - did my first clexane injection this morning and have a nice purple bruise already despite icing the area beforehand

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-04-2015)