Closed Thread
Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Jem70 & @Nereid: Big hugs to both of you Girls. This IVF rollercoaster really is a $hit of a ride😦xoxoxo

@Kelly70:Good Luck with your appoint today Luv. Am hoping you get some answers@ a new plan of action for next Cyclexo

@Sue77: Crossing everything for youxo

Hello to all the other Girls too 😊xoxo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (12-11-2014),Kelly70  (12-11-2014),Nereid  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. Just want AF to arrive now so I can pick myself up off the floor and move on to next plan x

@Sue77 test Monday but after 2 yrs of trying its sure feels like AF will hit today. I had a weak moment and used the clinic's poas yesterday and not even a shadow. I may test again today, but really don't hold any hope.
    for you though. You've had polyps removed since last embie, I think you've got a great chance, but it's natural to feel the way you do. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Sue77 - I know what you mean about numb - I am completely numb to my failure today, not even feeling sad particularly. Must be a defence mechanism of sorts which can't be a bad thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Waiting nervously to see Lynn! With my list of questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank u so much Blondeinbrisvegas and Nereid, Kelly... For ur positive vibes ...really want this one to work.. But we all know it's just a numbers game ...

keep us posted Kelly 70 how u went with ur appt with lynn.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty tough actually. Lynn showed me the report from my egg collection and the 3 eggs were all mature but had "fragmented" next to them. She said it's just an age thing. She then said you've had 2 failed previous cycles at melb - I don't think you should do it again. Then we talked some more and I asked her if we would do anything differently if I did try again - she then started writing up a new treatment plan and between us we kinda decided I would do one more cycle in the new year.

We'd do Elonva again and this time no Menopur, we'll use puregon (is this the same as gonal f?), I'll use synarel this time (I assume at the start?). She said no more Menopur as too much of it is bad for the eggs.. And no growth hormone this time as it didn't help.

And no ICSI on the eggs as they are too fragile, we'll be selecting a donor that has super sperm for a natural fertilization.

Confronting hearing her say I don't think you should try again - I think i need to really think about whether I put myself through all this again or if I need to start accepting the fact I'm not going to be a mother tough call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Kelly70 it must have been so hard to hear. I am glad you have decided to give it one more shot and then if it doesn't work you will know you have given it your all. I like the sound of trying a new donor with super sperm I have often wondered what ICSI does to the eggs.
    Like me you can enjoy the festive season, get your head straight and start fresh in 2015.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kelly, I'm so sorry. That must have been so hard for you to hear. I hope you get the chance to take some time out to consider your options before the new year. Are donor eggs or embryos an option for you? Hugs x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think so @Nereid re donor eggs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Kel, Im so sorry you had to hear that feedback from Lynn. Its something to think about regarding doing another cycle. It depends on whether you are strong enough emotionally to do it again. If being a mum is something that means the world to you, I would try one more time with the new treatment protocol after the xmas break. Then you know you have done everything you possibly could. Puregon is like Gonal-F, that's what I used on all my cycles and also used Orgalutran. I never used Menopour or any of the other drugs you tried. My eggs were never fragmented, they always told me my eggs were good even after BFNs so I think they don't even know. Take some time out, have a great xmas break without thinking about IVF and babies and then see how you feel after the NY.

Jem and Nereid, so sorry to hear the POAS results. To be honest, I never did POAS on any of my cycles as I took Pregyl as luteal phase support, and always felt like AF for the BFN and BFP cycles regardless. Unless you now have full flow I would wait till BT day before throwing in the towel. Hugs to you both.

Sue how are you doing ?