Closed Thread
Page 57 of 102 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kelly I'm so sorry to hear about your brother's diagnosis. What a ghastly disease. As others have said, the oncologists are never falsely positive, they generally hit you with the worst case scenario so if they're positive, then that's great. These days there are so many people living with cancer, not dying with it. My best friend at university, when we were 21 was diagnosed with advanced non Hodgkin's lymphoma, it was spread to her abdomen. Today she's completely cured and she conceived two children naturally even though they said the chemo would have fried her ovaries. It's not a death sentence.

Jem, good luck. Your life is not messed up, you seem to have your head screwed on.

Hi Biscotti, I have commented on the other thread.

Hi Blonde and Nereid by the way what are you doing next Nereid?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (26-03-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-03-2015),Jem70  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Biscotti71 Bloody Crinone!!! It'll mess with your head and body allright!! Sorry the other embie didn't make it to freeze too. I totally understand about the negative voices and why you might feel the way you do. I think part of it is self preservation, so we don't get our hopes up too much "just in case". But as you so rightly pointed out, all embies are different Luv and there's no reason to think the one you've got onboard can't/won't make it.

In my last Cycle, all mine were pretty similar at Day 3 too and the one had left in the dish carked it between Day 4 and 5 as they so often do and I had similar thoughts to you Luv especially considering the one's I had onboard were only at the 5,6 and 7 cell stage when transferred plus they all had very slight fragmentation as well (<10%) and were graded a 3 which is average at my Clinic (were really a 4 (with 5 being the highest grade) the Embryologist said, but because they hadn't reached the 8 cell stage by transfer, he had to Grade them a 3) so not to cut a long story short, I had plenty of doubts too, but the BFP proves that all embies are indeed different.

Am keeping everything and sending another truckload of to you Luv Hang in there!!!

@Jem70 Good to hear from you Luv and glad to see that you've got a good plan in place for you frosties Luv. When do you think you might transfer??

@Skyler Hello Luv, am keeping my eye on you on the other thread for your upcoming transfer too

Hello to @Nereid and all the other Lovelies.......
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 22-03-2015 at 20:39.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (26-03-2015),Jem70  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler - interesting about your best friend, these stories always make me feel better. Can I just ask - was it def non-Hodgkin's that she had, as opposed to Hodgkin's (which mostly affects much younger people in their 20s aka Delta Goodrem)? Hodgkins is curable, but this indolent type of NHL (follicular) is considered incurable for the majority of people. Unless it transforms to a more aggressive type which is paradoxically, curable.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Skyler  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive hugs to all you other beautiful ladies and your kind words, you really help me to feel better - gosh this thread is so much more than an ivf thread!! Xx

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2015),Skyler  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @biscotti hope you're staying sane in the 2ww. So sorry to hear about your second embie, but yes, the one that's in is all that counts right now. Keeping for you x
    @Jem70 Good to hear you have a plan. It's so hard not to give up on frozen, lower grade embies, but we just don't know what will take - no-one does - so I think there's still hope for you there. Good luck with getting your life sorted (-: x
    @Skyler Thanks for asking about me. Are you transferring this month? There's not much to tell here. I have to finish my PhD by the end of June, so using every second of school hours for that. I made the decision to put off transferring my last 2 until that's over, for my own sanity and my family's, and I'm trying not to think about it all too much but... I realise in the background I'm always thinking of it. I feel like I have all these tendrils attached to my heart - that longing to have a baby - and one by one they're being wrenched out, some by disappointment, some by reality, others by me in an act of self-preservation. And I'm not sure if once they're detached they can be put back again...If that makes sense? But, I'm not thinking about it! I'm really not! x

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (26-03-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2015),Jem70  (23-03-2015),Skyler  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nereid I started bloods this morning with a view to transferring before Easter. I get you with the tendrils. Sometimes I feel like deep down I've given up realistic amounts of hope and am just going through the motions so that later on I can say I gave it my best. Good luck with the study, huge pressure.

Yes Kelly 100% definitely non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. More aggressive cancers do respond better to treatment but I thought indolent, slower growing ones followed a slower course and so people can live longer with them even though less commonly 'cured'. Can't remember whether my friend had an aggressive form but def non-Hodgkins even though Hodgkins is more common in young ppl.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-03-2015),Kelly70  (23-03-2015),Nereid  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Skyler Yes, I'm absolutely sure that 'regret management' business is part of it all. But then I always realise that I'm still holding out a lot of hope anyway when I have a negative test or af comes around... I hope you manage to get your transfer in before Easter and can take a break for a bit. I have a good feeling about that stubborn little unknown blastie of yours, must appeal to the rebel in me :-)
    @Kelly70 Hope your doing ok love x

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (25-03-2015),Skyler  (23-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey @Nereid and all you other wonderful women, I am definitely doing better - good days and bad days - definitely not crying every day at least now. I find funnily enough, that if I gets lots of sleep and keep myself in pristine health that everything is a lot easier to handle. Funny that!!

My brother starts chemo this Friday (we are all so so worried about the chrmo) - it will be every 3 weeks for 6 rounds so he'll finish mid July or so. Seems like a long *** time to be subjected to some of the most powerful drugs on the planet but now I just want him to get started, so does my sis in law. We want the chemo to kick the lymphoma's butt and whack him into a long durable remission!!

The only thing that concerns us a little is that the docs said he has hot spots throughout that are borderline the more aggressive type of NHL - and that's the type that can be dicey and associated with a poor prognosis. At the same time though, we've read the more aggressive types have a higher rate of curability and the cancer is more susceptible to treatment (I guess if it's not too far gone and doesn't bump you off first). So now we are keen to get these miracle drugs in him and on his way!!

I'm propping up my sis in law atm.. Had lunch with her this week and I think she feels able to tell me all her worst fears.. The ones she can't say to my brother. She is thin and gray faced (but still so pretty, my sis in law is a doll, inside and out) and clearly rattled, I hear the panic in her voice.. She's thinking worst case scenario at times and I had to strongly reassure her that that's not how it will be, which seemed to strengthen her somewhat. Trying to stick close to her right now, she's carrying a huge weight and so much of it is about those two gorgeous little monkeys I call my niece and nephew!!

Had my bloodtest yesterday to see if I'm a tissue type match for my bro, longest blood test ever! 5 vials of blood! Fingers crossed I am.
    @Biscotti71, hope you're travelling okay through the 2ww darls.

Gosh I am so not focused on my fertility stuff, although I did start acupuncture and herbs last week, loved my new clinic and acupuncturist, another apt tonight. The herbs I had to boil up, so a bit old school but I know they're stronger than the granules, so it's worth the effort. Need to ring the Sydney clinic and find out how the iui will pan out and if I'll take any drugs and how many days I'll need back up in Sydney around ovulation.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (26-03-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2015),Jem70  (25-03-2015),Nereid  (25-03-2015),Skyler  (25-03-2015),Vixjc  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly it's great you and your SIL are so close and you are an amazing source of support for her. Take care of yourself too honey and don't give up on your fertility treatments

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2015),Kelly70  (25-03-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Just wanted to say I'm still reading along everyday and thinking of you all.

Really hoping to see some good news soon, for Kelly's bro and for those cycling. I'm keeping a bit quiet as I get closer to my due date, partly I'm exhausted but also partly I follow quite a few threads of those still cycling and I just have a really very strong sense of how lucky I am so I like to just think positive thoughts and thank posts in the background quietly.

I can well imagine if I was still cycling and people were posting supportively who had tickers close to their due date in their signature I would mentally or actually give them the finger from time to time 😜

I certainly did a bit of that last year.

Anyway just a shout out to say I'm still here with y'all and COME ON GOOD NEWS for crying out loud. I wish there was a ministry responsible for luck and good things, I get so frustrated seeing things not go peoples' way and I write a lot of strongly worded letters of complaint in my head.

Attn: Ministry of good things
    Dear Sir,

Pull your finger out and give these women their babies, they've bloody tried hard enough already.

And get to it quick smart looking after Kelly's brother, I expect to see a nice clear remission ASAP, or I shall be visiting your offices to make my views know more clearly.

Trust me, no one wants a raging pregnant woman showing up at their office.

Sincerely

ScubaGal.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (26-03-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-03-2015),Jem70  (25-03-2015),Kelly70  (25-03-2015),Nereid  (25-03-2015),Skyler  (25-03-2015)