@Kelly70 so sorry it is not the news you were hoping for. Big hugs and thinking of you x
@Biscotti71 How you doing Luv?? Did your other emby make it to freeze?? the one onboard is doing its thing
Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 21-03-2015 at 19:37.
Got the news today that my other little hopeful didn't make it to D5 freeze, it decided to arrest on the D3 and didn't get past 6 cells. Very disappointed. Much more than I thought I could be. I'm trying to get that negative little voice out of my ear that's trying to tell me because they were quite similar at D3 that the one onboard is arrested too. Dumb, because I know every embie is different. So gotta roll with it and hang on until testing date arrives.
I goggled Crinone and it is the one responsible for the way I feel. Hot rushes, night sweats, headaches, nausea. Ummm....so far its rated as the least pleasant experience of all my drug support. The little one hangs in there!
Sending babyduststorms out to you lovelies reading along.
So sorry about the other emby @Biscotti71 - that would have been a wonderful back up plan if it had worked out, but the emby inside could still be the magic one. Additionally it's the unfragmented one, right - so let's send all of our powerful women good vibes to that little beauty. Big hugs and try to stay chill and do some nice things for you this next week or so.
AFM: still emerging from a fog of fear and nursing my broken heart. My brother is advanced stages non-hodgkin, which means it's all through his lymphatic system and in the bone marrow and some of the evil ****e is in his bones, back of the pelvis area. His amazing doctors (he loves them both thank goodness) want to secure him a nice long remission so want to bam him with drugs ASAP. He starts chemo Friday and it won't be pretty, it will be 6 rounds of the big guns. I'm guessing he'll be sick and will lose his hair, but that's a small price to pay to get this f*cker out of him.
Been a very very challenging time for the family.. You can imagine. Personally I've never had emotions like this before and it's a journey/rabbit hole I wish I didn't have to go down. He looks at me and he knows I am uncharacteristically terrified. But I can only remain optimistic and focus on his youth, his fitness and his strength as being contributors to a potential good outcome for him. The doctors are really optimistic and that helps.
I need to have a blood test Monday to see if I am a match for him for stem cell transplant.. Would be a last resort treatment if chemo fails and he relapses.. Damn I hope to hell I am a match, I'd so love to be his back up plan. Not sure how that will work in with my iui/insemination plans this year (he has resolutely advised me he does not want those plans impacted) but that will be my decision. I'm thinking he wouldn't need it for ages yet, if at all, but I'd be worried if I got preg and then I was needed?? He's my first priority, nothing else is more important. But one step at a time, let's see if I'm a match. And I'll still go to my apt in Sydney next month.
Hugs to everyone else xx
Last edited by Kelly70; 22-03-2015 at 07:17.
Oh Kelly70 I'm so sorry. Such an extraordinary shock for all of you. If the doctors are optimistic that is a really positive sign to hold on to. Just focus on that target of remission and as you're doing, take one step at a time. I really hope your stem cells are compatible too. Oh honey, very inadequate response from me...it's just incredible the way life can turn on a dime, I think the best we can hope is that we don't have to understand the truth of that too early... Sending lots of love and strength to you and your family xx
@Kelly70 I'm sorry the results for your brother weren't exactly as you all had hoped I echo what @Nereid said Luv, if the Specialists are optimistic then take that as a really positive sign ok?? I know from experience that they're not in the habit of "gilding the Lilly" so to speak and giving anyone false hope, etc. In fact, they are brutally honest if anything as they know how much people's lives are depending on their prognosis's etc.
You're right, the chemo won't be pretty (my Mum personally had radiation/microwave ablation for her cancer, but my Uncle had both chemo/radiation for his) but all you can do is be strong for him and be there for him as best as you can and as much as he will let you be. It's really hard to hide the fear and terror that grips your heart I know, it makes you feel positively sick in the guts if you start thinking about everything too much, so try not to. Just focus on one day at a time, one treatment at a time and it's ok to tell him you're scared for him, he's terrified too and letting him know it's ok for him to talk about how he feels is good too if he will. If not, there's heaps of support in place from organisations like the Cancer Council etc that have people he, you and the rest of your family can talk to if needs be. No doubt he's been given all the relevant information about it.
Luv, am keeping everything that you're a match for him, but more so that it won't come to that and that the chemo will do the job. Am sure there would be a way around it if you were Preggo and he needed it. Did they give you a timeframe for the chemo treatment?? I'd imagine 6 rounds could take anywhere up to 3 months to complete?? Maybe you can donate in advance and they can store it in some way for if/when he needs it??
Sending lots of and healing vibes you, your brother and the rest of your family's way Luv. Good luck at your appointment next month too. I can imagine he doesn't want you to put your life on hold but probably more like he wants to keep everything as normal and as predictable as possible while he's going through his treatment as this b*st*rd of a disease is something that is completely out of his control
@Biscotti71 I'm so sorry the second embie didn't make it to freeze, but each is completely unique so the one on board could still be magic
@Kelly70 I'm so sorry but as everyone says, specialists often err on the side of pessimism so I'm very hopeful!
AFM met with FS on Monday. Not surprisingly, I got the donor egg / embryo conversation. I had already decided not to cycle again anyway so not too concerned by that. We've planned to do a scratch before transfer. Both my frozen embies are Grade 3, which is right in the middle - apparently they are almost always 2 or 3, under their grading system.
i have gone back and forth on IUI and I think the idea is fading for me. I'm going to find out more about the donor embryos and see what is involved - it's a six month wait list apparently and getting longer all the time. That gives me time to sort out my still messed up life, do the transfers and if no luck, look at donor by the end of the year.
I really think we are overdue some good news so for everyone!
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!