Closed Thread
Page 47 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 1021
  1. #461
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,617
    Thanks
    35,329
    Thanked
    19,757
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Penny75 How are you feeling today Luv?? Any news on fertilisation results??? Thinking of you...

    @littlesparrow74 I had a breakthrough bleed when I was 13dpo on my BFP Cycle. It happened at night as I was getting ready to go to bed and is what prompted me to test the following morning when no AF had shown up. Oooh Luv!! I hope that's what's happening with you!! I hope tomorrow's test shows a convincing BFP!!!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    littlesparrow74  (06-03-2015)

  3. #462
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked
    114
    Reviews
    0
    @LittleSparrow praying for you that it's nothing to worry about and fingers crossed so tightly for a positive when you poas. Im totally with you on wishing I'd started this around 35 - 36 when I first started really thinking about doing it alone. I just never knew it would be this hard, despite all the media reports about declining fertility.

    My fertilisation results are in and only 1 has made it. I'm tempted to do a 2 day transfer tomorrow. Kate (FN) said Waz recommends to grow to day 5 but that it's totally up to me if I want to transfer tomorrow. There is a school of thought that the embryo does better in the womb, but I also totally understand the theory that if the embie doesn't make it to day 5 it most likely wouldn't survive in the womb either. I need to decide by this afternoon. Kate said it's not clear cut on whether Waz would recommend a freeze on day 5 or a transfer. So much to think about.

    @BlondeinBrisvegas, I notice in your signature you transferred before day 5. Was that at waz's recommendation or did you ask for it?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-03-2015)

  5. #463
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    152
    Reviews
    0
    @Penny75 my FS recommends getting them back in around day 3 as he believes that they have a better chance but I understand the other school of thought as well. My thought is that it is better to give it a shot than have nothing to transfer or freeze but then at least if it doesn't make it to day 5 you know and don't have to go through the agony of not knowing that I'm experiencing now. Sorry I am no help and probably contradicted myself and confused you more.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-03-2015),Penny75  (06-03-2015)

  7. #464
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    8,617
    Thanks
    35,329
    Thanked
    19,757
    Reviews
    7
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Penny75 One is better than none Luv, so you're still in the game!!

    Regarding the earlier transfers, I asked for it Luv. On Cycle 4 I was going to grow them until Day 5 but Day 5 was going to fall on a Sunday when they're closed and I would've had to wait until Monday to transfer when they would've been Day 6. Didn't want to wait that long so in they went on Day 4.

    Cycle 5 I was debating about leaving them until Day 5 but DP couldn't get the day off work that day and due to scarring on my cervix from a previous gynae procedure to remove abnormal cells (cone biopsy) in my early 20's, transfers are really painful for me (my previous FS would only give me valium on Cycle 2/3 which didn't cut it) so Wazza drugged me up with pethidine/valium prior to my transfers with him which meant I needed DP/someone else to be available as Deso Driver and so after speaking to the embryologist that morning I decided to put them in and Waz was fine with it both times. Said it was up to me.

    Yes, what Kate said is absolutely true, he does recommend Day 5 but will transfer earlier if that's what you want. So the only question is what do you want to do?? Feel free to call the embryologist and get their opinion if you want to or else failing that, go with your gut instinct. Either way it's put it in and hope for the best or grow it out and hope for the best. Tough decision Luv, though I can tell you my previous FS is the one who recommended doing a Day 2 transfer on Cycle 3 when I only got the 2 from 9 eggs. I was going to ask for a Day 3.

    My personal thought is this. If the embryo has got what it takes to go the distance, I don't think it matters what day you transfer it. However, it's more than just the embryo you have to take into consideration. Everything has to align to get a successful BFP unfortunately. If only it was just down to the embryo alone...sigh...Do what you think is right for you Luv is my advice and I'll be for you whatever you decide

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

    Penny75  (06-03-2015)

  9. #465
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    104
    Thanks
    153
    Thanked
    160
    Reviews
    0
    @LittleSparrow hang in there, still hoping for a bfp for you - we're so overdue for one in this thread x
    @Kelly70 I so hope you get positive news about your brother today, thinking of you x
    @Penny75 Perhaps you could ask your FS more about it, but I think the main reason to grow them on is saving time and the heartache of a bfn. I had 9 embryos and in hindsight I wish I could have tried to grow at least half of them on, rather than transfer and freeze at 2 days as I did, because of the time I've lost. Still, in your case I would transfer at 2 days, my FS certainly believes they have the best chance that way. Best of luck! x


    Hello to everyone else I'm trying to take a little time out to regroup - plus, have 3 months to finish the phd I began before my daughter was born! So just a little crazy right n ow... xx

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-03-2015),Penny75  (06-03-2015)

  11. #466
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked
    320
    Reviews
    0
    @Penny75 - how is your progesterone? If it is too high you should consider freezing.

    i really feel for you lovely - Last cycle I had 3 eggs, 2 fertilised, 1 was good enough to freeze. After all the highs and lows of a cycle, you feel pretty cheated when you get just one. But think of @Helsbaby - on her last cycle it was a single and that is now a beautiful baby!

    I am thinking of going the iui road now too - I can't take anymore cycle and my numbers have declined each time. I'd rather hold on to my frosties for post 45 this year and have a few goes as 'naturally' as possible.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-03-2015),Penny75  (06-03-2015)

  13. #467
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked
    114
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks so much for all the replies!

    @Jem70 my progesterone pre EPU was higher than they like it to be. They said they like it below 4 and mine was 5.8.

    I rang back and spoke to Waz. His ideal is still to get it to day 5 and for it to be a good enough quality to freeze/thaw because of less than optimal conditions due to progesterone rise. He said he'll do whatever I want but he does not believe there is any chance a day 2 embie would survive in womb if it does not survive to day 5 in the lab (which differs to other FS). If the embie survives to day 5 and is not good enough to freeze he'd transfer then. He said it is possible to get pregnant with the progesterone spike I had but it does decrease my chances so that's why it's preferable to freeze.

    Thanks @littlesparrow74, @BlondeinBrisvegas, @Nereid @Jem70 for your replies. So hard knowing what to do and still swaying all over the place.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-03-2015),Nereid  (06-03-2015)

  15. #468
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    314
    Thanked
    320
    Reviews
    0
    @Penny75 my preference was to freeze but I was leaning to freeze anyway because my life was all over the shop at the time.

    Take a very quiet moment and clear your head then try and listen to your gut. There is no right or wrong answer here so the best option is to let your instinct guide you.

    but from a technical perspective the research about transferring after an early progesterone spike is not promising so do a bit of googling.

    thinking of you - was in a very similar situation just a few weeks ago!

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-03-2015),Kelly70  (06-03-2015),Penny75  (06-03-2015)

  17. #469
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    130
    Thanked
    114
    Reviews
    0
    So after much swaying, I made the call to go with Waz's recommendation and wait (and pray) until day 5. If I didn't have the early rise in progesterone then I'd be going for it tomorrow but when I step back and think about it then I see my chances of an embryo implanting are already decreased due to that. The best case scenario will be for my little embie to become a good quality blastocyst that I can freeze and hopefully I can do a FET when my body is better suited for it. I did a fresh transfer of a high grade blast last cycle and got AF on day 7 post transfer. I probably had a progesterone issue then too but my previous clinic/FS didn't do any blood tests through the cycle so I don't know.

    Wait and see now.

    Thanks so much for all your responses. Each one really helped so a big, big, big, big thank you to you all.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

    BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-03-2015),Jem70  (06-03-2015),Kelly70  (06-03-2015),ScubaGal  (06-03-2015)

  19. #470
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    152
    Reviews
    0
    I'm glad you have made a decision that you feel comfortable with. Fx that emby keeps growing over the next few days.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

    Penny75  (07-03-2015)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1000
    Last Post: 10-11-2014, 10:42
  2. Replies: 1020
    Last Post: 26-08-2014, 09:32
  3. 12WBT Starting 23 June 2014 - Who's with me!
    By MrsMSL in forum Weightloss & Fitness Challenges
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2014, 12:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
SRC Pregnancy & Recovery Shorts
Want pain relief during pregnancy, and to continue working and exercising? Fancy a speedy recovery after childbirth? Want to regain your pre-baby body shape fast? Recommended by healthcare professionals, SRC compression products will let your body do its most important work.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!