Closed Thread
Page 39 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no Nereid, so sorry to hear you got a BFN. Every BFN hurts like hell.
    I was just wondering why your clinic froze the embies at day 2 when they have shown none of their potential. I think you're going through unnecessary disappointment with repeated transfers with early embies like that. If you are going to continue maybe consider waiting til they become blasties at day 5. Theses are the ones more likely to succeed. You'll get less to that stage obviously but you'll only transfer good embies, less failed transfers, less heartbreak. That's why I get CGH testing done. Thinking of you.

Good on you Kelly for telling your man how it is!

Hi to all the other lovelies.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-02-2015),Kelly70  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default So sorry

[QUOTE=Skyler;8093304]Oh no Nereid, so sorry to hear you got a BFN. Every BFN hurts like hell.
    I was just wondering why your clinic froze the embies at day 2 when they have shown none of their potential. I think you're going through unnecessary disappointment with repeated transfers with early embies like that. If you are going to continue maybe consider waiting til they become blasties at day 5. These are the ones more likely to succeed. You'll get less to that stage obviously but you'll only transfer good embies, less failed transfers, less heartbreak. That's why I get CGH testing done. Thinking of you.

Good on you Kelly for telling your man how it is!

Hi to all the other lovelies.
    Sorry they won't let me edit on the mobile phone so there are probably spelling mistakes.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

Nereid  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Neried Am so sorry Luv Big to you. I say whack the other 2 frosties in and see how you goxoxo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Nereid  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    oh gosh @Nereid really sorry to hear this I was so hoping it was going to come up trumps for you. what a mind-frag this process is

Be kind to yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Nereid View Post
    Tested this morning and got an unequivocal BFN. Right now I feel like this might be it for me, we have last 2 frosties, but to be really honest I'm not sure what I want anymore... I so desperately wanted another child 2 years ago, but this whole process...I don't know if it's a sacrifice I want to make any longer Just need some time to process I think.

xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Nereid  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your support ladies x
    @Skyler It's definitely a very different approach from PGD testing, and I think both methods have pros and cons. As I understand it my FS (Bill Watkins) believes in utero is the best place for embryo growth, and that some that may not make it in the lab may have made it had they been transferred. I would certainly request growing at least some on to blastie stage if we did a second cycle though.

I feel like I might be able to have this baby if we kept up the cycle, had a hystereoscopy and a scratch and there is certainly more testing we could do, but... and it's a hard thing to admit to myself...I'm just not sure if I want it enough anymore. Don't get me wrong I do want a baby so much, SO much, but I want life too and to be able to focus on the child I am so lucky to have. Big decisions...I'm pretty sure we'll try last 2 frosties, and luckily we have a break away next month with a wedding interstate, so a little time to think about things.

Love to you all xx

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2015),Kelly70  (12-02-2015),Skyler  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nereid I'm so sorry lovely - it really chips away at your soul but give yourself a few days.

AFM I am seeing the numbers falling each time. I got 3 eggs out of 4 maybe 5 follicles, 2 fertilised. They were due to freeze whatever got to day 2 yesterday. I rang the clinic and got the big brush off saying I had to wait for a letter confirming how many, if any, were frozen and I'd get the letter next week.

Pretty angry as my FS is impossible to reach on a Thursday and Friday so now I'm just going to wait. Whatever happens I am pretty certain I'm done. I have one in the freezer and who know from this round so down the track maybe I will transfer them and see what fate has in store.

To everyone else.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2015),Nereid  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry to hear your news @Nereid it bl00dy sux and BFN don't get any easier. Know that we all know what you are going through. The month off and some space will help you make the best decision for your family.
    I know that Bill does think the best place for emby's is back in but he is open to discussing blasties. I have 1x2 and 2x3 day emby's on ice. Maybe you could grow on one of your 2d embryos? Just a thought.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Nereid  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Jem and Littlesparrow, I'll have a chat with Bill soon x
    @Jem70 A letter?? ??? If I were you I would ring them first thing and demand to know what's going on - that seems really poor form to me. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. Wow, I'm really floored. I so hope you get good news when you finally squeeze it out of them. But yes, focus on that frostie you have, it may be all you need x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I agree, that's really ****ty treatment from your clinic. It's amazing that with this process which is so incredibly personal and fraught with heartache you can get anything less than the utmost care and compassion - especially considering what we pay for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nereid View Post
    Thanks Jem and Littlesparrow, I'll have a chat with Bill soon x
    @Jem70 A letter?? ??? If I were you I would ring them first thing and demand to know what's going on - that seems really poor form to me. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. Wow, I'm really floored. I so hope you get good news when you finally squeeze it out of them. But yes, focus on that frostie you have, it may be all you need x

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2015),Jem70  (14-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jem, I'm shocked that your clinic won't give you an answer over the phone, that's unheard of! Instead of waiting for a letter from them I would be writing a strong letter of my own! They are your embies and you deserve to know immediately what has happened to them. I know we hate to be 'that' demanding patient but this is beyond a joke. What clinic do you go to?

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-02-2015),Jem70  (14-02-2015)