Closed Thread
Page 36 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks Nereid.. Hopefully we get atleAst 1 or 2 blasties out of 5 . Will come to know by Friday. Yes it was very hard last year when my perfectly normal PGD tested embryos didn't stick twice not even once.. Anyways we got to move on..

how r u travelling ?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-02-2015),Kelly70  (04-02-2015),Nereid  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girlies,

Lovely to see this thread moving along still even in my absence! And so much action happening as well - wow, multiple cycles underway, making me feel like I should do another one too! Really hoping to see some BFPs on this thread - odds are that out of all of us, there should be at least one or two. All would be preferable - are you listening universe??
    @Nereid - crossing everything for this transfer - I know that feeling of some parts of the process not feeling quite right or feeling imperfect and how disconcerting that is considering how invested we are.. Sometimes those times though, are when **** works out for us, when you least expect it, so let's stay positive - even getting to transfer is still so wonderful. Hope you're travelling okay and when is your OTD?
    @Penny75, great work getting into the best in the business in QLD - being that proactive this early can only be a positive thing for you. Can't wait to hear what he has planned for you.
    @Sue77 and @Jem70 - hoping like hell this cycle reaps rewards for you girls.

AFM: back mon night from NZ after a fabulous trip away (kayaking and stand up paddle boarding featured in this trip!!). Picked up a lurgy in my last couple of days though and had hell on earth dealing with baro-traumatized ears during the plane descent! Was fully deaf in one ear upon landing. Dragged my butt into work yesterday drugged up to the eyeballs but am home on the couch today. Seriously interfering with my hot and heavy romance plans this week!! Sick is not sexy, hello!! He has his kids too so I think our next catchup will be fri night. Can't wait to see him, I must say, nothing like some sweet anticipation

I've been up and down a little mentally over not doing another cycle - super hard emailing melb ivf and telling them to release my donor. 3-4 months wait on their list for another one if I change my mind. However, I'm consoling myself with the decision to wait and see how things go with the new man. If it crumbles into a heap in the next couple of months, I'll do another cycle either at melb (which would be my preference at the moment, not keen to head back to Lynn) or monash if the wait list for another donor is too long at melb. If I do it at melb, I think I'll be asking to do AACEP.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (04-02-2015),Nereid  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - my long distance romance is keeping me distracted from my cycle so apologies for the quietness. Being a 24 hiur plane ride apart makes the future look unlikely but it's nice to know love can survive a 20 year separation. And a bit of flirtation makes the stims go down much better
    @Nereid good luck this month - sorry the transfer didn't go as you hoped but maybe it's like the theatre - bad transfer great implantation?
    @Sue77 hope the quality shines - they still sound like great numbers!
    @littlesparrow74 any sign of AF?
    @Penny75 are you going ahead with your cycle?
    @Kelly70 enjoy the reunion - hope sparks fly

AFM scan tomorrow, hoping for EPU early next week then planning to freeze anything I'm lucky enough to get at day 2. Been splitting my stims morning and night - thanks @BlondeinBrisvegas - so will report on results.

take care every one and to anyone I missed.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-02-2015),Nereid  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jem70 sounds like you are handling the stims well mentally and physically, go you!
    Thanks for checking on me. The B1tch AF has gone AWOL, typical. CD 32 today and have had spotting on and off for about a week but no real action. Just when I think things are starting up....nothing. I want to get this show on the road.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (05-02-2015),Jem70  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jem70 It's funny you should say that re bad transfers, as a woman from my clinic who had the transfer from hell last month with the same locum I had, is now pregnant after 20 failed, comfortable transfers. I think she has not long ago changed to donor eggs, but still, makes me feel more positive about said Dr and my transfer experience! Glad to hear flirting helps with stimming :-) pick up an't be too far away now?

@Kelly70 Hope you're feeling better and enjoyed your reunion! You're right too, there's a lot to be positive about and I am so grateful to get to transfer at all x

@Sue77 Hope embies are growing well. What day are you up to now? x

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (06-02-2015),Jem70  (07-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nereid , Jem 70, kelly 70, LitteSparrow, penny 75 BlondinBrisvegas and everyone who asked abt me

We got a call and an they have frozen 2 blastocyts for us out of a total of 5 which were fertilized. Nurse said its a v good result as a lynn had put me on a v low dosage aiming for quality. I just hope they r good quality ones and they stick when we do the transfer in a month or 2 when my progestrone settles down..i know it's not a very huge number .. Just hoping one sticks..

thanks for for your support guyz. It really means a lot. How r all of u travelling .. Please keep posting

Also. I have been experiencing lot of leg cramps and spasms especially at night. Does anyone know of anything safe to take when doing all these fertility treatments...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-02-2015),Nereid  (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sue77, 2X perfect wee day 5 embies sounds amazing to me. Can't wait to hear how it pans out, you really deserve to catch a break with this one! Sounds like maybe some magnesium would be good for the cramps? Gives you great sleeps too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

Hope you don't mind me chiming in on your thread, I know some of you from the over 40's thread.
    Sue that's great at our age being able to produce 2 blasties by day 5. I have been told many times that the usual number is 1 or 0. I'm in a very similar position to you, I have 3, day 5 blasties on ice, awaiting their CGH results. And, like you I've been through the absolutely gutting experience of having a perfect CGH embie fail. Just thought I'd pop in to wish you the best for this cycle. This whole thing is super hard, even when we are lucky enough to be 'high responders' for our age. We still have no guarantees (and in my case, no baby). My theory is if we can keep producing blasties, one of them has to be the one eventually. Crossing fingers for you big time.

And wishing all of you ladies an avalanche of baby dust.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skyler For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-02-2015),Nereid  (09-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Skyler and welcome!! I did notice your awesome pen name on the other thread (massive BB fan here).

Thanks to @Jem70 for drawing this to my attention, did you girls see it:
    http://m.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/...-1227208741200

Preg after one IUI at 43?? And single to boot. Pretty inspiring although I think she had good egg reserves. Looks like fertility first Syd may do iui on women over 40.. I've dropped them a message, can't hurt to ask.

Might end up back here anyway - I've been cancelled on twice this weekend by the new guy so we've not reunited yet. First time was kid related which was fine but today he apparently has "a lot to do" even though he called fri night and said we could catch up this arvo after he played golf. Slightly disappointed to say the least - I left the whole weekend open which was prob silly of me. He did ask if we could catch up tomorrow night but I'm busy so now I'm not sure when I'll see him.. Makes me feel like I'm more keen than he is so I'm backing off now.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (08-02-2015),Nereid  (09-02-2015),Skyler  (08-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Skyler

congrats @Sue77 on your 2 blasties - that's brilliant

when is bt @Nereid

any sign of AF @littlesparrow74

are you going to cycle @Penny75

and where are you at @Biscotti71

big wave to everyone else and special thanks to @BlondeinBrisvegas for all the advice and @Kelly70 for all the support

speaking of which thanks everyone for your support. It's been a stressful weekend as I had 4 good follies and 1 little one but my progesterone was high and continuing to rise so they were worried I had or was ovulating early. We did a scan before epu this morning and thank goodness there were still follies there. Transfer is out of the question this cycle but I wanted to freeze anyway.

so the results - 3 eggs which is in the middle of my expectations - we always want more but having had a single egg result in the past I'm still considering myself lucky.

my dear BH buddies - please cross your fingers. It would be a dream come true to get 3 to freeze on Wednesday which would give me 4 on ice.

thanks again - I will update you later in the week. I'm not going to chase up results until after they freeze.

xx

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-02-2015),Nereid  (09-02-2015),Skyler  (09-02-2015)