Closed Thread
Page 34 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Magnificent! Damn those muso's are sexy beasts, got a couple in my stable of ex's too :-). You're gonna have a fun reunion in a week or so! Have a good trip to NZ x

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-01-2015),Kelly70  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, appreciate the enthusiasm!! I did say if I met someone I liked, then further ivf would be off the table. Early days but it's starting to feel like the pull to do another cycle is lessening.. And that carries a huge amount of relief. If I responded better to the drugs I'd definitely feel compelled to keep trying... But I just don't.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Way to go @Kelly70 I say go for it! I am sure this baby making journey would be much easier with a partner (and more fun too). I'm glad you have found someone who rings your bell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @LittleSparrow - thanks hon although still skeptical I most say, based on my relationship history to date.. Could easily be back on the single bench. I'm impressed with him to date though - he's a balanced, chilled, grown up (unlike some of my exes) and he's seriously house trained from being married for so long I suspect. I think he probably does relationship really well, me on the other hand... Well let's see. Maybe he's the right personality for me.

Don't really fancy my chances of getting pregnant beyond this year though... I'll be 45 in October and I doubt anyone would want to knock me up before then, in a new relationship. Beyond 45, I've got Buckleys (although new man says he has super sperm - can you believe we've had that convo!!).

I'll have to decide on whether I drop this cycle at Melbourne pretty soon.. And the donor. AF due any day but i don't expect I'll be calling in my day 1. If all goes haywire with the man, maybe I'll cycle again somewhere, but the mental, emotional and financial relief I feel at the thought of no more is palpable. I feel like I've got my life back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey there @Kelly70 - how damn exciting life is!!! Just back in BH land, read your update and wanted to pop in & say Happy New Year and wishing you all the joy/bell ringing a new relationship can bring x He sounds quite grown up as opposed to those "Peter Pan" types on the loose out there! Plus killer kisses - always a "sign" of good things to come....
    Cheesus - now a cycle is up for grabs too, and he says he's got super sperm - sounds like you're going to make the right decision for you anyway. I totally, 100% agree with that sense of relief when not cycling. Had the best Chrissy/ New Years, ate and drank whatever, whenever I wanted and was much more emotionally stable. The only time I remembered IVF was when I had to get into my bikini. It was a bit tight! Bigger boobs and bigger thighs, all blamed on the extra oestrogen I filled up with since May 2014. Yikes! Secretly - I love my bigger boobies!!
    I'm doing my very last cycle next month. It's super low doses of the drugs and gentle, gentle on my stubborn ovaries. This ivf has been a ***** - my AMH is really ok, I've been pregnant before but those damn ovaries won't give up the goods ( one at a time...) The one g

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    anyhooo.....what I really want to say is that there's a lot of info pointing to lower doses working for women who are low/poor responders. It's really quality over quantity....
    https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/about/
    if you go to the fertility updates section there are some interesting articles providing good arguments for different protocols for women with low ovarian reserve (face it, pretty much all of us over 43 are headed that way)
    Interesting that my FS has gone from mega high doses (that's how we met @Kelly70- all those posts ago....) to now practically zilch and we had the best results ever. So, one last cycle is on the cards. Wish me luck!!!!
    Actually pray for a miracle!!

Now back to SS (super sperm) - if the feeling's right I would challenge him to prove it to my lazy eggs! Or just happily take advantage of the fact that a clinic isn't involved, decreasing bank balances, and go with the flow. With an Opk. And lots of weekends away and new, just a little bit sexy undies to prance around in....While he strums on his guitar....
    I know, I know, getting ahead of myself here. But goddamn it, life is short, so is fertility and I get excited when there are positive new possibilities on the horizon.
    Have a lovely time in NZ.
    And an even better time when you get back...... xx

Postyscripty..... Hithere to all other lovelies out there! Wishing you all a fab 2015.
    Last edited by Biscotti71; 23-01-2015 at 07:49.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2015),Kelly70  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Whoop whoop!!!

+1 on the musos (Im married to one. Men with rhythm make super sexy dancers)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    @Vixjc - thanks hon, I reckon I felt your bell ringing vibes, because another great date and I think I might be a little hooked. Definitely got a crush. He just left, as he's working super early and now I won't see him til I get from NZ in early Feb.

Killer kisses, jaysus.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2015),Kelly70  (23-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    He's an incredible guitarist and his voice, he sounds a little like Springsteen, I'm not even kidding. Amped up his sex appeal by about 50%... He's writing a new album. To be honest it's not his day job anymore, think kids changed all that for him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Biscotti71 darling!! So good to hear from you. I think low doses of drugs is absolutely the way with our age group - we both know what the high doses have done to our frag eggs in the past. Crossing everything for you my lovely!! Can't wait to follow your progress. You have that beautiful back up plan decided on too - must be a big relief knowing that you'll likely get there one way or another!

Loving the sexy undies/weekends away tip.. Laughed out loud at that. Except I have no doubt he'll be be uber cautious due to the kids.. Not just about him, as much as I'd love to be knocked up real fast. Argh, taking a risk on my potentially last narrow window of fertility but it's feeling like the right thing to do.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-01-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It’s all sounding very exciting @Kelly70 and seems to me like you’re off to an awesome start

AFM – not quite as exciting as a hot date but pretty up there in my mind - I got a cancelled appointment with Wazza at the end of last week, less than 3 weeks since I made my initial appointment! Yay!!! He was fantastic and I definitely feel that I’m in the best of hands with him. I have appointments with the QFG nurse and donor team next week and will then be all set to cycle in Feb if I want to. Now I need to get my head around doing a cycle again really soon. Part of what is holding me back is I wanted to get myself physically more prepared for my next cycle. I started with a naturopath a few weeks ago and she has me on a no sugar, dairy or wheat diet and has me taking a bunch of supplements to prepare my body. The other part of me thinks I should just jump in feet first in Feb, which will mean starting on synarel (which I didn’t have last time) in about a weeks time. Anyway, I’ve still got some time to work it out. Still can’t quite believe I got an appointment so soon when I was originally booked in for the end of July!

Big hello to all you lovely ladies who are planning on cycling in Feb - @Jem70, @Sue77, @littlesparrow74, @Biscotti71, @Nereid – hope I got that right and didn’t miss anyone Wave to BlondeinBrisVegas, Vixjc, Scubagal, Helsbaby and all the other lovely ladies that make this thread so great

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-01-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (25-01-2015),Jem70  (26-01-2015),Kelly70  (25-01-2015),Nereid  (25-01-2015),ScubaGal  (26-01-2015)