Closed Thread
Page 31 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Excited about the dating! Keep us posted.

That sucks about the request for IUI needing to go to a damn committee...Surely if you're paying for the donor sperm you can decide how to use it???

Seems like its worth investigating getting overseas sperm.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-01-2015),Kelly70  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovelies,

Aunty flow arrived as she always does so I've booked in for a double fet this month. I just feel like I'm going through the motions right now, I think its a lot to do with grief over my dad catching up with me. I feel the sadness and disappointment intensely, but not the hope The good thing is though there are plenty of distractions right now, and as long as I'm not thinking too much I'm ok. We live by the beach so have been spending a lot of time in the sea. It's pretty freezing (we're an hour south of Hobart!) but I feel totally transformed in the water.
    @Kelly70 That's awesome about the new man! I can just about remember that feeling ;-) I love your attitude, your posts always have this ring of optimism that makes me think you'll get what you want in the end, and if not that life will be great for you anyway. I do think DIY with donated sperm sounds totally worth investigating. Go for it!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-01-2015),Kelly70  (14-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Nereid : Good Luck with your FET Luv!! Sending pretransfer to start things off!! in regards to your dad. I'm still having moments of breaking down in tears over my Mum and it's coming up to 6 months for me...I still think about her every day Distractions are good

@Kelly70: Yes, I can remember that feeling from a long, long time ago!! Feels like another lifetime!!! Anyhoo...shall have to live vicariously through you instead!! Do keep us posted Luv

What a rigmarole surrounding the IUI!! Is it normal to have to get permission from committee's and such when using DS?? I'm with Scuba...seems if you're paying for it, you should be able to use it as you damn well please!! Is overseas DS an option?? I'm pretty sure my Clinic get it from overseas..why do you have to live interstate FFS's!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (14-01-2015),Nereid  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas Thanks love. It's such a huge thing isn't it? No timetable at all. I know it's going to be a long road. I read something on the over forties thread the other day about the stress of losing a family member effecting IVF success and I can't seem to get it out of my head. I just don't feel I can postpone though. Think I'm just at a bit of a low ebb because of AF. I'll be right x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to barge in here, but I've been following @Kelly70 story and the difficulties of doing it alone. I found this article and thought it might help or be something to think about. I had previously found another one from the uk, but can't find it anymore. Ignore it if you don't think it will help, but it's just an idea and I think something you have kinda thought about too. Wishing you the best of luck
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...r-methods.html

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to frogpossum For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-01-2015),faithandhopellove  (15-01-2015),Kelly70  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Have been following along and just needed to pop in and say boo to needing a committee to authorise iui - freakin ridiculous!! And 'oh hellooo!' to Kelly's Mr Ring My Bells! Go you good thing!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (15-01-2015),Kelly70  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello @frogpossum and thanks for that link - I welcome all ideas and possibilities on this thread, you just never know when someone may come up with something that you haven't considered or know about. I did read about natural ivf cycles some time ago but it seems doctors here don't really practice it. It makes a whole lot of sense especially for someone like me who is a poor responder. I totally get the whole thing about a softly softly approach with older women.

AFM: I've fixated onto the idea of having iui done somehow. I've looked into importing of international sperm even, which can be done. Emailed melb ivf to ask if I could import it to the clinic and they replied to say it can be (and the age limit miraculously then disappears which tells me this issue is more about lack of availability of sperm donors in this State) but that the donor has to undergo counselling with melb ivf via Skype!! How utterly freaking ridiculous. That will rule out overseas donors - they would have already possibly gone through counselling on their end or may not want to or are no longer actively donating! Victoria is SUCH a nanny state when it comes to ART, they make it pretty much impossible to conceive using donor sperm.

So with that in mind, i have a scheduled call back from a fertility clinic in albury tomorrow at 2pm. I'm not sure things are any better in nsw (because I think their laws changed too and sperm donors can no longer remain anonymous), but I'll start there. If they say no, I'll try QLD (where donors can still remain anonymous and I suspect donor numbers are still high). I'd be happy to take a short trip interstate for a couple of rounds of iui.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-01-2015),frogpossum  (15-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Nereid: There's nothing like good old PMS/AF to get a girl down in the dumps is there Luv??..There's $hitloads of things that can affect IVF success and besides the obvious one's that are a given: alcohol, smoking, illicit drugs etc, most of the others change from week to week!! Not only that, for every expert that says "yes" it will affect things, you'll find another who says "No". I definitely know this to be true about stress.

Try not to obsess about it ok?? Tell yourself that it's not going to happen to you and if you can maybe implement some strategies like massage (a personal favourite and what I did as regularly as I could in the lead up to my BFP cycle and while I was cycling) or listening to a meditation cd (did that too), acupuncture etc..basically whatever floats your boat and you can find the time/$ for to minimise it. Even a nice warm bath/candles/music regularly would be a good start I reckon xo

@Kelly70: Someone's got a hot date tonight!!!...... I know you'll be there with "bells on"!!!! Hope it's as successful as the first one!!

Update: Oh, how freaking ridiculous about the international DS!! Good Luck with Albury or else I'll see you up here soon!! I gotta spare bed if you need it!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 15-01-2015 at 12:36.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Nereid  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all - been reading along but a bit off my game so on the quiet side, struggling with weeks of stuff ups from my FS. Each time I get my protocol it's not what we discussed so back and forth. Just had to delay going overseas for a day in the hope of resolving and that did nothing! I had a one month window between work travel for a cycle and that is nearly gone if I don't start by Monday but I don't want to waste time on the wrong protocol. Sorry - vent over!

hope everyone else is a little more on track. At least I finally have the right drugs prescribed. Maybe I should ignore their instructions and do my cycle my way so just the timing coincides with the first scan? Is that completely insane??

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (16-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    That sounds incredibly frustrating Jem I'm sorry thats happening to you. IVF is the one place where customer service is super critical!

Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    Hi all - been reading along but a bit off my game so on the quiet side, struggling with weeks of stuff ups from my FS. Each time I get my protocol it's not what we discussed so back and forth. Just had to delay going overseas for a day in the hope of resolving and that did nothing! I had a one month window between work travel for a cycle and that is nearly gone if I don't start by Monday but I don't want to waste time on the wrong protocol. Sorry - vent over!

hope everyone else is a little more on track. At least I finally have the right drugs prescribed. Maybe I should ignore their instructions and do my cycle my way so just the timing coincides with the first scan? Is that completely insane??

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (16-01-2015)