Closed Thread
Page 30 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #3

Hi ladies - so lovely to see the break has been a positive thing Kelly and Nereid, the enforced breaks I had certainly did that for me too. It does the mind body and soul good to get some distance from Ivf sometimes!

Kelly I had 4 cancelled cycles but didn't notice any difference with ovulation, but my O pains had always been pretty strong anyway.

Scuba gal - don't worry about the weight if you can, it's only temporary! I know that I (and some other girls too) lost ten kilos in the 12 days post birth. And I can assure you I'm no Rebecca Judd and I've been eating at embarrassing levels! I've been downing carbs like a marathon runner and I get so hungry sometimes I could eat the balls off a low flying duck ... But have lost weight anyway - hurrah for nature and breastfeeding!

AFM - I'm still living the dream. Notwithstanding I was feeding last night at 11, 2:00, 4:00, 6:00, 8:00 (he feeds more in hot weather) and he didn't sleep between 2 and 4. For those like me who didn't know, when someone gives feeding times, that's when the feed started, not when it ended. Factor in a 30 min feed, a nappy change and settling back to sleep time, and there's not so much sleep time left for me! But I wouldn't have it any other way :-) :-)ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1420756284.560895.jpg I'm really
    hoping the new year brings each of you success on your very next attempt xxx

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),Kelly70  (11-01-2015),Nereid  (09-01-2015),ScubaGal  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    oh so cute your little sleepy man @Vixjc !!! thanks for sharing the pic

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh @Vixjc he's adorable!!
    Thanks for the info re weight loss after the birth too, makes me feel a bit better! @ScubaGal, glad to hear it's slowed down a bit. Like you I'm trying to cut down, I had a craving for soft drink in the first trimester so have cut that out now as its empty calories. And just trying to be more sensible ability snacks as that's where I come undone!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70: Am glad your break has done you good and got you all fired up ready to go!! Good plan Luv what you're doing and yes, you can stay on the OCP for a month if you want to. You could stay on it for as long as you want to before stimming. That's great she's going to let you do whatever protocol you want and now you'll have plenty of time to decide what you think's going to work best for you

@Nereid: Good Luck to you too Luv!! Hoping AF stays away!! If not, what's next?? Is it a FET??

@Kellyk77: Good to see all's well with you and your bub on board!! Good Luck to you too at your morph scan. Am sure all will be just fine

@ScubaGal: Not long to go now Luv!! Try not to compare yourself..I know it's hard, I was guilty of doing the same when I was Preggo for a while there. Every woman carries differently Luv..it doesn't mean sh*t in the big scheme of things if she's smaller than you or you're smaller than her etc Just focus on yourself and enjoying your little miracle growing bigger and stronger everyday

Hello to @Biscotti71, @Jem70, @Sue77 and @Helsbaby....how are you Lovelies doing??

@Vixjc: Yep..still cute Luv!! Hoping you've managed to get some sleep by now?? See you on the other thread

As always I'll be cheering you all on from the sidelines with the occasional cameo appearance!! Am keeping and sending to you all for a BFFP on your next Cycle's/attemptsxoxoxo
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 10-01-2015 at 08:15.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (11-01-2015),Nereid  (13-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal - I was thinking the same thing re iui and in light of recent news on the other over 40s thread of Bertie who is preg through an iui after 8 cycles of ivf, I emailed my FS Friday and asked if I could do another ivf cycle then a couple rounds of iui if ivf fails again. They are very reluctant to let you do iui over 40 but I used a few bullet points to illustrate my case including the fact I am single and have no one to try with naturally and the fact I was preg naturally not so long ago. Also mentioned the lady on the other thread! I POAS on an ovulation stick this morning and had an instant second strong line, aaaargh.
    @vixcjc - he is SO goddamn cute, omg. Glad you are enjoying being a new mum and continuing to inspire us.

In other news I had an instant connection with a guy I went on a date with last week (yes @Nereid, so hard not just grabbing him to get jiggy with it!!! - being normal it's easy to have a few evil thoughts but I would never be able to trick someone like that...). I'm pretty sure there'll be a second date but watch this space. It was just so nice to have male company (and hugs and kisses). Yes I kissed him. I'm just dipping the toe in the water so to speak, see what happens. Dating is so fraught with uncertainties, I suspect I'll be back on the single ivf path sooner rather than later!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies, happy 2015! Hoping this year brings BFPs and beautiful, healthy babies for us all.
    @Vixjc your little man is adorable! So, so cute!!!

AFM I've decided to switch FS and have made an appointment with Wazza. The earliest I can get in with him is the end of May, but I am on his cancellation list and am hoping I can get an appointment with him way before then as I'd really like to do my next cycle with him if possible and I don't want to wait until June to start

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhhh so exciting to meet someone and have an instant connection @Kelly70!!! Make sure you keep us updated!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Penny75: $hit!! Sorry for forgetting about you Luv But, on a brighter note...Yay!! for making an appointment with Wazza I'll keep my that you get a call very soon!! Just be prepared to pretty much drop everything so you can get your butt there when the call does come

@Kelly70: Great to hear that your date went so well Luv Did the instant connection flow through to ringing your bells when he kissed you?? Even if it is for a good time with him and not for a long time, there's no need to live like a nun I say!!! for that second date!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha @BlondeinBrisvegas - kissing him did flow through to ringing my bells (what a lovely analogy!!) and date 2 looking imminent. Stay tuned.

Okay so here is how iui over 40 in Melbourne IVF clinics work, response from my FS below (pretty sure this is how it work at monash as well):

"Re your query re IUI, I would need to put in an application to the donor committee. Based on past experiences I doubt that they would allow you to proceed with IUI despite your good reasons for considering it.

There is a lack of IUI suitable sperm and the waiting list is long, currently around 5-6 months, which would ont be ideal considering your age. It would be possible to consider IUI if you had your own donor, but he would still need to undergo counselling and quarantine which all up would take around 8 months plus.

Please let me know what you wish to do. I am happy to put your case to the committee - I think they meet again in early Feb."

How frustrating but I'm not surprised.

I had a thought yesterday that I've not had before, wondering if any of the single girls have considered this - is it possible to buy sperm from local or overseas sperm banks and self inseminate using a home insemination kit?? I know there'd be the issue of the sperm needing to remain on what... Dry ice? Am I sounding desperate much??

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update: dinner date on Thursday night.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (12-01-2015),ScubaGal  (13-01-2015)