Closed Thread
Page 29 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #3

Blonde, what a relevant and helpful story to share - I'm sure that will help Scuba and others feel like they are not alone with this issue. I agree totally - having your BFP does not mean your concerns and feelings during the pregnancy are irrelevant. Massive hugs to both of you girls Xx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (29-12-2014),Butterfly39  (27-01-2015),ScubaGal  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal Congrats on meeting the halfway mark, you must be thrilled. Sorry to hear you're feeling stressed about weight gain though. I think its a good thing that you give those pregnancy groups a miss - there's such a lot of pressure put on women these days to keep their figures, and a kind of competitiveness between women that seems to go along with it. Pregnancy and early motherhood can be a really stressful time in that way, especially for women with eating disorders, as if we didn't have enough to worry about. Just remember you're not alone.
    I had HG in my pregnancy, lost 5 kgs in the first 20 weeks and then gained 15kg in the next 20! I had a bouncing 4kg bubba and a huge amount of fluid and had the joy of everyone constantly remarking on how huge my belly was, while my good friend who suffered terribly through pregnancy because her baby was so slow growing and never measured to date, was continually admired for her barely-there bump!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Gals you're all so supportive it actually really makes me feel a bit better. When I tell my husband or anyone in real life how I feel about the weight gain they don't really take me seriously - they just say "but you're pregnant!" And dismiss it so it's nice to hear some shared experiences

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello beautiful girls - just dropping past to say thank you to each and every one of you that has contributed to this thread and for supporting me on this crazy and difficult ivf as a single journey. Your support has helped me through so much and means more than I can really express here typing on this tiny iPhone keyboard. Onwards and upwards in 2015!!

AFM: jury is still out on whether I do another cycle in the new year or not. It will be Feb if I do. I'm reading the Infertility Cure at the moment (written by an Obstetrician turned TCM) and it does not have kind words to say about the IVF process - whilst it says IVF has it's place, it also talks about the low rates of success even in younger women and the fact a woman's body often does better being gently nurtured into reproducing as opposed to being blasted with a myriad of nasty drugs. Interesting reading indeed.
    Last edited by Kelly70; 02-01-2015 at 09:42.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (04-01-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (02-01-2015),Jem70  (02-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    Happy New Year Beautiful Ladies!!!!! May 2015 be filled with BFP's for you all!!!

@Kelly70: Hello Luv!! Well, that book sounds interesting...what's the alternative to IVF?? Maybe take a leaf out of @MGC Bertie's book and do an IUI instead???
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 02-01-2015 at 16:58.

Thanks
    Reviews

Hello chikas,

Thought I'd drop in and say hi. Wondering if any of you have noticed much stronger ovulation signs in the months following ivf cycles (when you are not cycling). The past 2 cycles post ivf, I've had intense sharp ovulation pains (enough to take my breath away) and bloating, mucus etc more so than id feel otherwise. It's killing me because I have no-one to try naturally with in bw cycles!! I know people often fall preg naturally after ivf and I'm starting to think I know why.

Any updates girls? @Biscotti71, when do you kick off lovely? @Nereid @Sue77, @Kellyk77 @Vixjc @ScubaGal @Jem70 @BlondeinBrisvegas @Helsbaby hope you ladies are travelling well post Chrissy and New Years and thinking of you. Pretty nuts I remember all your BH monikers!!

AFM: travelling really well mentally and have recovered physically from 2014. Just back to work after nearly 3 glorious weeks off. I took a phonecall today from my melb ivf doc's office, responding to an email I sent them a couple weeks back asking if I could go on the OCP on my next day 1 (and stay on it for a few weeks so I don't have to start injecting until feb). All so I can retain my donor there. I have to go to NZ for a week at the end of Jan which would not have worked for me if I'd started my next cycle this month. FS is happy for me to do this so I can control my start date and keep my donor (get the feeling she doesn't approve of some of the clinic rules like you must not allow more than 3 months to elapse bw cycles to keep your donor). So thanks for that tip @Jem70!! I'm guessing I could stay on it for a month if I wanted before coming off for a withdrawal bleed and to start injecting. She is also happy for me to choose what protocol I want to try next - I was thinking Elonva again with 450 puregon top up but now I'm wondering if I should try AACEP..

Anyways this is all something I'm keeping up my sleeve whilst I make a definite decision about even trying again.
    Last edited by Kelly70; 08-01-2015 at 22:17.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (10-01-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),Nereid  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 glad to hear you've had a nice break from work and also from ivf. I can't remember if I had strong ovulation pain after my cancelled cycle or not, was so long ago!!

I'm going well, finally starting to feel almost normal again as now at just over 15 weeks. Nausea has gone thankfully and I'm back to eating well again. @ScubaGal I can relate to the weight gain issue. I don't actually know how much I've gained as I'm too scared to hop on the scales! But it feels like a lot 😔 my dr doesn't weigh me as she's not concerned, she thinks it's fairly normal but I can't help but be alarmed by it! I'm constantly comparing myself to other pregnant women I see which I really should do as it gets me down. Anyway it's nice to hear from you guys that I'm not alone in this. Like you I steered clear of bubhub for a while as I was reading about women losing their babies, having issues etc that scared the hell out me! So far I've remained fairly relaxed through it all abs want to keep it that way rather than worrying about what 'might' happen.
    I have my 20 week scan booked for 9 feb and we will find out the sex. I can't wait! I'm dying to know.

Hope everyone else is travelling well xx

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (10-01-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),Kelly70  (09-01-2015),Nereid  (09-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 So glad you had a lovely break. I was dreading this time and the enforced month off, but its definitely helped. I sure have noticed ovulation, its made a huge difference. I'm glad you mentioned women conceiving after stopping IVF as it has had me wondering just what this process has done to my poor body. I can imagine how hard it must be not to be able to grab someone to procreate with when your body's screaming 'I'm ovulating!' We tried naturally this month but I'm not holding out hope. AF due in a day or two.

Hope everyone's doing well out there xx

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (10-01-2015),BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015),Kelly70  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Is there any scope for an IUI round while you're feeling so fertile?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (11-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    It's so hard with the comparing isn't it. I met a woman last night and saw her belly and said snap! Both preggers. And she said when are you due and I'm like May. And she does the double take and says oh, because we are pretty similar in size and she's due in February

My weight has managed to hold steady the last week and a half which is a blessing. I'm trying harder now to limit snacks and desserts - if I can manage to not gain any weight for the next two weeks (or just not much) then I might be closer to the maximum recommended instead of over it.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-01-2015)