Closed Thread
Page 27 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey Kel, wonderful news darls - you must be feeling over the moon that you can now relax into this pregnancy and start to enjoy it. What a fantastic Chrissy pressie.

AFM: nursing a rare hangover after letting my hair down at our staff Christmas party (and feeling a little guilty after trying to maintain the body as a temple all year). Sure had some fun though!!

Did you guys see the fantastic news on the other thread - one of the girls there preg at 42 after many many cycles - through iui!! I don't get why they refuse to treat over 40s in both my melb clinics with iui - sure would be better than nothing (which is what you get when you're single!!) I know odds are low but for low egg producers like me I wish they'd allow it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 Must admit I wondered about IUI after seeing Bertie's lovely news. It was offered to us when we began, but we decided it was better to get right into it with IVF. It does make you think though, with Kelly's natural pregnancy too... I know plenty of women who've had babies post 40 the natural way. Isn't it possible our ancient eggs respond better to the less intrusive method...? Clutching at straws I guess... but hmmmm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Sending you hugs @Penny75 - we all know exactly how this stage feels and how hard it is. Nothing one can do really to make it easier, except ride it out.. At least you'll have an answer either way really soon and can enjoy your Christmas next week (good this is not unfolding right on Chrissy for you hon).

Just read an interesting article on transferral of cells (micro chimerism) bw mother and fetus... Has me thinking what else gets transferred in utero - DE or bio child - fascinating:
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...id=SA_Facebook
    That is interesting about the cells... It's the same as how the harmony test works - by picking up the baby's DNA in the mothers blood... Definitely a link there - even with DE

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 Lynn always said to me that if I cycled again she would convert to IUI if there was only one or 2 follies. Did she not suggest that for you? I would definitely ask as I agree that you should try everything possible!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and good on you for letting your hair down at your Xmas party! You deserve to have some fun girl!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kellyk77 - I asked Lynn about iui and she said they don't do it on women over 40.. FS at Melb said the same. I think @Jem70 asked at Melb too and got a No.. Maybe it's something we should push harder with, esp being single - it's still better than not trying at all!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 @Kellyk77 yes I got an absolute no - which is ironic considering the nurses told me that it's not uncommon for single women over 40 they are treating to drop out mud cycle because they got pregnant naturally through a one night stand. They'd rather that happen?

which clinic did the person in the over 40 group go to!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just a quick note to say 'keep going ladies- it's so worth it!' ... Little Thomas Andrew was born yesterday at 9:45 am, 3.4kg or 7lb8, he's gorgeous :-)

He had a little breathing/potential infection issue which meant he's been in special care since yesterday arvo and getting antibiotics, but he's fed well today and should be able to come back to my room for a few hours this evening, overnight in special care, then hopefully back with me all day/night tomorrow. He's such a handsome little man I'm totally smitten

So keep at it girls! I'm cheering for you all!!!

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (23-12-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-12-2014),Jem70  (23-12-2014),Kelly70  (23-12-2014),Nereid  (23-12-2014),ScubaGal  (27-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yaaaaaaay Vix - congratulations lovely lady!! So happy for you, what an unbelievable Chrissy pressie. Welcome to the world little man!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (23-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So happy for you and your little man @Vixjc enjoy every moment!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (23-12-2014)