Closed Thread
Page 21 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Nereid: I had cramping from 7dpo. For the first few days it was pretty subtle @ off and on so put it down to the usual pings @ pangs from the pregnyl @ all the rest of the progesterone support I was taking.

At 10dpo the cramps became stronger @ lasted longer. They were so strong I thought that AF was on her way @ was on "undies alert" even though I knew it was way too early. The cramps then went back to being off @ on and nowhere near as strong for the next couple of days. How are you going today Luv??

@Penny75: Congrat's Luv..4/5 is fantastic!! Will you get a report today?? Finger's crossed for a double transfer Luv!!

@Kelly70: A bit of a conundrum hey? You'll work it out Luv😊☺😀...btw your getaway sounded heavenly mind you anywhere would be better then this humid hole that I'm stuck in!! LOFL!!

Hello to all the other lovely Ladies too.

AFM: Have almost finished the putrid packing for the house move at the end of the week/weekend thank God!! Only thing keeping me going is knowing I'm one step closer to luxuriating in the blessed aircon that's been recently installed at the new house...Yippee!!...until we get the electricity bill no doubt!!

Other than that..all good. Bub is now 14wks + 4d today @ has begun totally sleeping through the night for the last 3 nights (from 7.30-8pm until 5-5.15am) Have posted some photo's of her I took a week ago on the DIG thread if anyone wants to see how big she's grown now.

Ok must go...Take care Lovelies @ I'll be keeping my eye on you all from the sidelinesxoxo

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (08-12-2014),Nereid  (08-12-2014),Penny75  (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your stories Vix and Emski, they've really touched a nerve - I can't stop the deep breaths, hard swallowing and tears trickling - all due to a deep knowing of where I'm headed to next ...(even though i have a cycle booked for whenever I'm ready next year). Kel, I've subbed to Egg Donor threads here on BH - checking out Czech, Greece or South Africa stories..
    But who knows? Maybe that one last try could yield the golden egg! But it got me thinking. Being an older parent - to have a bub at 44 - maybe that kid should have a sibling to share things with when Mumma and Dadda leave this mortal portal. Perhaps DE have always been the way DH and I need to go. Its a bugger being 43.5. If only I had known at 38/39 what I know now.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (08-12-2014),ScubaGal  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you so much for sharing that @emski72 and @Vixjc - it was just what I needed to hear at the moment.. Especially the line Em where you say you don't grieve that she is not genetically linked to you, you celebrate she is in your life and you have the opportunity to be her mother. Really moving and powerful, made me cry in the office (something I've been doing a bit of late!!) but happy cry, not sad cry this time. I really value your input girls, so thanks for giving us some insights into the DE path.

I saw my psych today - she strongly advised me not to squeeze another cycle in this year so I think I'll be dropping melbourne now. I'm going to be dating again and enjoying life, then see how I feel in the new year about things. I'll be staying on all my supplements and checking in on everyone though.

Massive hugs lovely chikas xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (09-12-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    oh @emski and @Vixjc just reading your stories about donor eggs made me cry!

I love hearing about the journey you've been through, and while i can't really even begin to understand the DE journey because I've been lucky enough to conceive with my own eggs I've always thought it was something I'd consider. When we lost the first pregnancy it was one of the first things i thought of - whether one of my sisters would give me an egg.

I do think you make a baby while you're pregnant - you feed it, it grows, you incubate it and talk to stand are its whole world from well before birth.

I also think you get a heck of a lot of traits from your parents - whatever combination that is.

My parents divorced when I was eight and both have had different partners, the longest and most consistent being an ex partner of my dads, who is my brothers mother. I know there are a few traits, and mannerisms I got from her and she was in our lives about ten years - so i definitely think that @Vixjc and @emski will be seeing cheeky little mimics of themselves reflecting back their best and worst characteristics whether they like it or not That stuff is all learned.

I recently heard a story about a friend who had always suspected her dad wasn't her real dad because she looked like a different family friend and had a stronger bond and connection with this other man. She had a gene test and turned out to be wrong - her dad was her real dad and she was quite disappointed by it.

Children and babies need good parents, and they'll bond with those parents - genetics in the end i think has very little to do with it.

I'll tell you one other thing, when we first found out about the antisperm antibodies and that my husband couldn't get me pregnant without IVF he took it really hard, he was afraid he wouldn't love the baby because he couldn't make it the regular way. He's come so far now, and something that really helped him was a colleague who pointed out to him that there are so many parents who shouldn't have kids who dump them or abuse them - that it just shows that the ones that try extra hard really should be parents, they're going to be great at it.

Anyway - i don't want to come across wrong, i know DE is a big decision but I'm glad you're thinking about it @Kelly70 , there is a pretty big upside in that you get a bubba to love out of it. Like Vixjc said it wont be 'just the same', but i do think it'll be just as good.

Sorry I've been awol lately I'm just struggling to keep up with a massive workload, but still reading along. Bubs has started wriggling and I'm even managing to relax enough to buy furniture. I'm torturing myself for having gained too much weight...separate issue but its a bit scary how fast I've packed the kilos on.

Glad you're getting back into the dating scene @Kelly70 and hi to everyone else.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (09-12-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2014),Kelly70  (08-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti71 View Post
    If only I had known at 38/39 what I know now.
    @Biscotti71, I really had to reply to this - you might have known then what you know now, but it may not have changed things much. I've been on this journey since my DD was 1 (I was 39, turning 40). I'm going to be 43 at Christmas and am still here. Don't beat yourself up about that.

Kelly, Jem, Missybear, Scuba, Penny and everyone else, hope you are doing well. It's really busy in the lead up to Christmas, but am still reading along and cheering those cycling.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (09-12-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2014),Jem70  (09-12-2014),Kelly70  (08-12-2014),Penny75  (10-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Heyyyy @ScubaGal - good to hear your voice again here - and some great thoughts there - love the story of the friend who thought her dad was someone else!! Awesome. Just goes to show genetics can often mean zip when it comes to genuine, loving connections with people. Glad you're traveling okay lady and bubs is making him/herself known!!
    @SpringRain - good to hear from you too lovely, any updates on you?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (11-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 and @Vixjc Thank you so much for sharing your stories, even aside from the donor aspect it is always so lovely to hear such honest perspectives on motherhood, and a little too rare sometimes. I was in tears reading too, though admittedly I do do that rather often these days!

The discussion has made me think a lot about my relationship with my own naturally conceived dd who shares some traits - fiercely - with me, but has others that appear to have materialised out of the blue sky. It's her last day of kinder today though so need to keep moving
    @BlondeinBrisvegas thanks for sharing your experience, lovely. I felt so negative about it all and miserable with the cramps (had them for 7 days I think now) that I caved and poas late last night, and there's a line!! So faint though. I did another this morning and still the same. I don't know if it's going to turn out to be a chemical, I guess the only thing to do is keep testing. I feel overwhelmed and quite terrified, definitely too terrified to hope too much. I can't even bring myself to show DH yet, so you are the first to know.
    Fingers crossed xxx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (09-12-2014),Jem70  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck nereid with this POAS being your next bubba x!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg @Nereid!! Crossing everything, keep us updated x

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Nereid  (09-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Nereid: Oh Luv..that's fantastic!! Congrat's!! Though I understand your cautiousness about it. Yes..keep on testing @ don't feel disheartened. You have to bear in mind when the embryo implanted in relation to the amount of HCG being secreted into your system.

If it implanted on the later side of normal then it will need a little more time to get production of HCG happening at a high enough level to give you that dark line on the HPT. Just a matter of time Luv.

Am keeping everything crossed @ sending a sh*tload of babydust your way Girl...GROW EMBY GROW!!! Keep us updated Luvxoxo

19. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Nereid  (09-12-2014)