Closed Thread
Page 17 of 103 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Biscotti - my clinic was called Serum IVF - there is a tonne of info about it on the uk website Fertility Friends. I have also heard good things about 'Embryoland'. My first try in Greece was with 'Genesis' and I can't put into words how awful that experience was! As for Serum I would give them ten out if ten. They were such lovy women to deal with - from the receptionist to the midwives to the clinic director (Penny), they were professional, empathetic, always had a positive attitude, and we're really thorough. They were really flexible about organising a cycle in the way best for DH and I given we had to travel so far but wanted to be away for as short a time as possible. I always got speedy responses to my emails - I can't complain about anything! Going to Genesis was like going to a car factory - waited 4 hours for my first appointment, there was no dignity in the treatment (left in stirrups facing a window with no covering for 30 mins, internal scan was really rough etc), going to Serum was like getting a facial - peaceful, punctual, dignified ... And i'm pregnant (and stayed pregnant this time). Heavenly! Also, Serum seem to really know their donors personally and care about them. I got basic height and colouring stats from Genesis. Serum told me her stats, but also her hobbies and personality etc - which is lovely to know and be able to tell bubs later when he/she asks ...

There is a thread on bubhub about egg donation generally but also specifically in South Africa - I know some girls who went there and had good experiences (you can pick your own donor and see childhood photos in south africa but Greece is totally anon). So you should find a bit of info on bubhub that is helpful.

Hope that helps, let me know if there is anything else you were wondering about 😊

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Team panda I'm not sure on next cycle - I've been waiting two weeks tomorrow for my FS just to return my phone call. I've list my timing window for EPU early Jan so it looks like late Feb now.

im pretty disappointed after a failed cycle to get nothin, particularly when I've called twice - once via the nurses and once via the receptionist.

venting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much for the info @Vixjc - awesome to get the deets from another woman who has been there. Will explore all avenues. x @Jem70 - vent away coz I know how $hite it feels to not get any response from FS etc after a failed cycle - (as per my last cycle) it's blimming "baby roulette" in ivf land. Numbers & money game. I should've thrown the towel in by now - but something keeps nagging at me to give it another go....it's almost a challenge to get UTD now!! I hope you get a return phone call soon. Hugs.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2014),Jem70  (26-11-2014),Kelly70  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    I think double transfer over 40 absolutely. No brainer.

Okay I did the big sneaky - I rang monash and asked for my exact plan for next cycle and wrote it all down. Then I emailed my old FS assistant mentioning my own researched plan and that I still had 2 shots with my donor that I was keen not to forfeit. Mentioned any further cycles as part of my regret management process (think she'd find it hard to say No to that surely). Assistant emailed back to say she had sent it on to FS. See what happens, I'm still not 100% sure on whether I will do it yet - just want to see if it's possible.
    Hi @Kelly70 - I agree multiple transfer at our age is a defo no brainer too! Raise the probabilities for success I say! I love your work with the "big sneaky" lol. Can't wait to see how it works out for you. Standing by for a big positive. 😃
    I've also got to say thank you to your sweet self and some others on this thread because your tenacious spirit has lifted me from a place where I had been flattened by the steam roller of failure. Hugs xx you gals rock!
    PS. have you waxed your legs and now ready to get back into the dating scene? ..
    (I'm on a "date" tonight with my poor man who's been on a drought since my last cycle!!!!) evidently sex makes babies or so he tells me. 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #3

@Jem70 - gah they suck the big one - what am I thinking expecting them to contact me as well - I am in two minds about even continuing so it won't take much for me to just let it slide if they don't call me!! Frustrating though. Have to admit still find the old FS way more approachable than the new one (in whom's presence I almost dared not speak). What are these people, frigging demi-gods Jesus!!! So over the whole lot of them.
    @Biscotti71 - I have indeed waxed the bikini line and between the eyebrows (just kidding, I'm blonde) and have my shingle out as my dad puts it. I'm still really unsure about another cycle so am just going to go ahead and date - I've decided if I meet a man and fall in love, no more cycles for me. If no man appears (highly possible given my past fussiness with men), I'll do another cycle in the new year for fun. Why not.

Hope you got some hot lovin tonight m'dear!!
    @Kellyk77 - first scan under your belt, woohoo!! I'd say you're on your way but understand your nervousness. Massive hugs to you lucky girl x
    Last edited by Kelly70; 25-11-2014 at 22:37.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (26-11-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2014),Jem70  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #3

Oh I bought a bunch of new supplements tonight and restocked (slightly begrudging the $$) - prenatals, vit e, q10, found some reservatrol... Prob all a crock but can't hurt to be on them until I get my head straight. Will order in myo-inositol, still unsure about getting back on the dhea after FS told me side effects can be perm.

Still enjoying the melatonin at night and the great sleeps and fabulous dreams (anyone have nice dreams on melatonin)?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. Hope everyone is doing well.. Sorry didn't post last week as I was really down from my 2nd bfn.. biscotti 71, Kelly 7 0 Vixjc, Nereid, team Panda, Blondeinbrisvegas, penny 75 , Helsbaby , Scubagirl .., I hope. All of you are doing well at whatever stage you are in ( Sorry if I missed on anyone ) wanted to thank all you girls for the tremendous support u guyz have lended to me in the past 2 weeks....

AFM we saw Our FS Lynn today, she said it was quite unusual for the pgdnormal embies to not work , she said the uterus is fine, may be the embys didn't have the energy or metabolism to divide, but it's still a mystery and its a matter of trying .... And that is why the sucess rate with normal embies is also60 percent and not 100 percent....She said she is confident we will get there as we are making blastocysts... But
    all this sounds so tough when u have been in it so long...

We have 2 frozen blastis which we sent for pgd and came as inconclusive results. She has advised to transfer the 2 in January and see ......and if they don't work, she said we will do another stimulated cycle. She said u guyz are too exhausted from your past experiences with mivf( wher I transfered day 2 embies twice and fell pregnant twice ... Only to miscarry later) . So scared to transfer untested blasts again. But I guess uncertainty comes as a package when u jump on this ivf train.. I guess I just wasted money and time on pgd as we got normal embies which didn't implant and we are on the same boat again , putting in untested ones and waiting till 12 weeks( if they stick) ... But I guess there is uncertainty with every pregnancy then...I wonder Is pgd even worth it just for checking aneuploidy? So confused and scared to take the next steps....

Team Panda... I must say that your post was really good and must have lifted up the spirits of so many of us who are in this roller coaster journey. thanks for that and I wish everyone of you good luck in getting successful with a take home baby.

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sue77 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (26-11-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (26-11-2014),Kelly70  (27-11-2014),Nereid  (27-11-2014),Penny75  (26-11-2014),Team panda  (29-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with your first scan tomorrow @Penny75

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (27-11-2014),Penny75  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    Good luck with your first scan tomorrow @Penny75
    Yes hope things are going along nicely and some fat follies are coming along @Penny75 - update us tomorrow if you can

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (28-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Jem70 and @Kelly70 I have 7 follies - 3 on the right and 4 on the left but I'm not sure of sizes. I asked the nurse and she said FS doesn't tell them the sizes but he's kept me on the same dosages so they must be tracking ok. To be honest it was all over so quickly and I didn't really get much of a chance to ask many questions of my FS but he seemed happy with it all. I have another scan on Monday (cd11).

Have a great weekend everyone!

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (28-11-2014),Jem70  (28-11-2014)