Closed Thread
Page 14 of 103 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Starting IVF Mar/Apr 2014 - aged 43, single #3

@Team panda - your message has come at a really good time for me and a few others here I'm sure. You know I can feel myself just kind of fading the ivf stuff out a bit these past couple of weeks - I've really lost a fair whack of hope.. I mean I think for me it's a little harder because I've only gotten to transfer once out of 3 epus. If I was getting embryos each cycle like @Jem70 and @Helsbaby (both the same age as me), then I'd be inclined to continue. Having 3 precious eggs fail to fert really has made me wonder if it's worth continuing.

Your story is definitely an inspiration though particularly seeing as you're with the same doctor!!

Wondering how many cycles you did with Lynn? And on the one that succeeded - you had a double transfer and one took? Were they pgd or non pgd? And were they both day 5 embies?

I've read some stuff too on mega doses on vit d - I was taking a fair bit these past few months - when you say your friend took 10 a day - was that 10,000 iu? Interesting hearing your supplements list - in particular that dhea did nothing (was hoping to avoid taking that again).

So I'm still undecided about another cycle this year - not sure id even get in to see my old FS before the end of the year and if she might just do a phone consult with me. I thought about emailing my 'researched' plan in to her assistant and asking if I could just start without an apt. Anyone know if the cycle would be counted in this year for medicare rebate (seeing as it will finish in the new year?) would be much cheaper if so.
    @BlondeinBrisvegas - I remember you asked about the donor sperm and ICSI - so some sperm is used specifically for ICSI and other sperm (super high quality strong swimmers I assume) are used for natural fert. So I'd have to ICSI them again with melb which is a bit scary.

I think if I decide to go again I'll have to commit to a strict healthy living plan and bomb my body with high doses of quality supps (def factor in myo-inositol this time). I just need to get my head into that space again and decide. Not quite there yet.

Massive hugs gorgeous girls!
    Xx

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2014),Team panda  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    First injection down Wasn't as stressful as I thought it would be. Quite proud of myself!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-11-2014),Kelly70  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    As you should be Penny! Well done! The first one is hard, but after that it becomes as routine as blowing your nose 😊 fingers crossed this is the first injection of the only cycle you need!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well done @Penny75 - the first is the worst! @Kelly70 FS Is on holiday from 20/12 - mid Jan. I rang on Friday and her assistant said she had a note to call me and book in an appointment before Christmas. You can get pregnitude on eBay pretty quickly or there is a tablet inositol by Jarrow on iherb. You need at least 3 months - so get onto it ASAP. I've got stacks - happy to give you a bottle to get you started while you wait for it to arrive.AFM with FS - I said I just wanted a phone call next week - I suspect I was going to get the big talking to - time to give up. I'm not willing to have that conversation yet as I believe it is a numbers game - I just need to find that one little bugger with normal chromosomes. I've committed to trying every 3 months until I'm 45 - so that's 3, maybe 4 goes left. No more PGD - it's crazy expensive and my body gave me the same 'results'.I have bitten the bullet and started DHEA - I figure I have to try. I will probably aim for late Feb pick up now so I have about 3 months worth in me.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-11-2014),Kelly70  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nice one @Penny75 - sounds you like did better than me with my first injection - stood for 30 mins with it in my hand going, I'm not sure I can do this!!! After the first one it's a breeze. Are you gonal f?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @TeamPanda thank you so much for that lovely informative post. I think we all needed to hear that!

I'm just about to have transfer #4, my 3rd FET and I'm wondering whether to ask for a double this time. I feel the odds are so low that they would both take, but incredibly nervous about the prospect of twins, mainly because of the increased risks. Still, I'm 41, I have 5 embies left from first round, perhaps it is better to move through this cycle faster so I can do another sooner...? If we do do another that is, which is still undecided. I know so many women do double transfers, and they're only 2dt, it just seems a huge step to me for some reason. I'll talk it over with FS at scan tomorrow.

@penny Well done you! Very exciting and Jem made a good point about delaying transfer if you still don't feel ready. I sure wish I had banked some eggs at 39 now... As for love life, babies do have a huge impact, no denying that, but there's also a whole new social world that opens up when having young children, and there are plenty of lovely single dads out there too.
    @Jem70, @Kelly70, @Sue77 @LittleSparrow and other ladies on this thread, hugs to you all. Here's hoping that we are moving out of the sadness of the past few weeks into something good x
    Last edited by Nereid; 23-11-2014 at 09:27.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-11-2014),Jem70  (23-11-2014),Penny75  (23-11-2014),Team panda  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, sorry been AWOL for a bit ! I have finally caught up on everyone's updates. Kelly have you decided on a cycle before Xmas ? Nereid, great stuff on your first needle ! Its really nerve wracking the first time but gets easier from now on. I used to shoot up in the office toilets when I was going out !
    Jem whats the latest ? Hi to all the other ladies and hope everyone is having great Sunday. We are having scorcher today in Sydney and Angela is a bit unsettled so we are indoors today.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (23-11-2014),Jem70  (23-11-2014),Kelly70  (23-11-2014),Penny75  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When is your first scan @Penny75
    @Nereid it's great that you have so many frosties but I understand your concern about losing time. I'm a couple of years older so I knew the odds were against me getting 1 let alone 2 - it's not impossible though so you have to weigh it up very carefully.
    @ScubaGal any little kicks yet?

stay cool @Helsbaby

hi everyone else!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2014),Nereid  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    When is your first scan @Penny75
    @Nereid it's great that you have so many frosties but I understand your concern about losing time. I'm a couple of years older so I knew the odds were against me getting 1 let alone 2 - it's not impossible though so you have to weigh it up very carefully.
    @ScubaGal any little kicks yet?

stay cool @Helsbaby

hi everyone else!
    Hey everyone sorry I'm following along but have been a bit quiet. No kicks yet but not for want of trying to feel them...!

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2014),Jem70  (23-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the support girls Very pleased to hear that today's was the hardest and it's easier from here. I’m on gonal f – 450iu dosage - and my first scan is on Friday, which will be day 8.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (24-11-2014)