Closed Thread
Page 13 of 103 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 just tell her you've done your own research and people with similar response to you suggested you try it.

but you do realise they still charge you for the sperm at Mivf on top of the donor program fee don't you? The 2k is just to access their program, not the actual sperm fee. Nasty shock when I looked at the bill. they actually don't send me the final bill anymore either which is dodgy. This time they didn't even call to confirm - just debited my credit card!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, very sorry to hear the sad news here in recent weeks. @Jem70, @Neried, @Sue77, @Kelly70 I’m not sure there’s much more I can say that the other lovely ladies haven't already said other that it freaking sux

AFM I’m a huge ball of nerves at the moment. AF has arrived this morning and I am due to pick up everything from the clinic (and hand over a huge stack of money) this afternoon and start the injections on day 3. Up until now it’s almost felt like I’ve just been ‘exploring options’ and haven’t fully committed but now it feels very real and I am wondering if I’m doing the right thing cycling now if I’m this anxious. It’s not too late to delay cycling until after Christmas, which would give me a good 8 weeks to get myself more ready mentally and physically.

If I really think about it, I think my anxiety is also partly to do with feeling sad the closer I’ve gotten to starting that I’m letting go of my dream of taking this journey with a loving partner. Emotionally I would love to keep waiting and hoping for that but logically I just don’t feel I can keep waiting for the right man to come along before having my baby. Part of me also wonders if I’ll ever date, fall in love, have sex again etc if I have a baby by myself now. Silly I know, but strangely it’s one of the things weighing on my mind.

Anyway, I’m babbling. I think I’m just scared but I’m also wondering if there’s more to it and if I should delay until I feel less anxious. I don’t know. I just want to sit on my couch and not move right now and hope everything just falls into place in my head (unfortunately, I must start getting ready for work instead).

Anyway, hope everyone has a good weekend. Good luck @Kelly70 working out whether you feel up to cycling again in December or holding off. Is your clinic open over the Christmas period? Mine is closing down between Christmas and New Year's Day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Penny75 the way you are feeling is totally understandable and if you don't feel ready you should take that really seriously.

one thing to consider - you don't have to go to transfer. You can do the cycle and freeze the embryos - I would consider this as it keeps your options open without committing.

good luck! Xo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Penny75 I would be worried if you weren't feeling anxious, scared, overwhelmed etc what you are doing is HUGE and life changing.
    I had the same concerns about being alone forever and my counsellor suggested that as a mother I might attract a completely different sort of man! The type I have been attracting in the past obviously aren't working out for me.
    If you really aren't feeling ready you could start fresh in the new year, this will also get full advantage of the safety net and any PHI excess.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70: Nope, don't tell them sh*t Luv about seeing Lynn or Cycling with her etc. I'd go with what @Jem70 suggested and tell them that you've been doing your own research since your last Cycle and that you're keen to try something different and suggest Lynn's new protocol to them.

As to the ICSI dilemma..why is this DS only good for ICSI and not natural fert? I would've thought it would be able to be used for either?? Anyhoo..you can check on that and maybe do 1/2 and 1/2 if possible? Now, you could extend the Synarel use for as long as a couple of weeks I'm pretty sure or else you could start the OCP on Day 4 and keep on taking that until your ready to start stimming..either way they'll both shut your ovaries down and it won't hurt/harm your eggs/Cycle if you shut them down for a little bit longer than originally intented (just for timing purposes). In saying that, I did the OCP in conjunction with Lucrin injections with both my Cycles with Wazza and Syneral only for my first 3 Cycles.

LOL...doing it on the sly with your Mum Something to think about Anyhoo Luv and possibly worth a discussion with your previous FS?? xo

@Penny75: Just wanted to wish you "Good Luck" Luv I think @Jem70 advice of doing a freeze all Cycle is worth considering if you're unsure. You could run the risk of your egg quality declining if you were to wait even a couple of extra months. It's just the way it is at this age unfortunately. Prob better to make the embryo's now and freeze them to use at a later date when you're ready.

The only possible fly in the ointment is that they embryo's may not be a good enough quality to freeze (depending on what day they freeze them) and there's always the risk of losing some to the freeze/thaw process too. There's just no easy answer is there Luv??xo

Hello to all you other Lovely Ladies too.....xoxo

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Jem70 @littlesparrow74 and @BlondeinBrisvegas - I am a total over analyser by nature so it's no surprise I'm still analysing now. I think you're right that it's normal to be feeling nervous, anxious, scared, overwhelmed etc. Feeling a bit calmer as the day is progressing.

Good suggestion @Jem70 - it makes me feel a bit less committed/stressed just thinking of that as an option so thank you!

@littlesparrow74 you're right about potentially attracting a different type of man and there's really no reason to think I will never have another relationship, it's just a little thought that's been messing with my mind.

@BlondeinBrisvegas you raise a good point that I hadn't factored in - I didn't even consider my egg quality may have declined with just a two month wait...

Thanks girls. I really appreciate it. I think this is just a mighty big case of nerves and feeling overwhelmed and chances are I'd be feeling the same whenever I'm due to start.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (21-11-2014),Jem70  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I picked up my medication this afternoon and my first injection will be Sunday. Feeling ok.

Have a great weekend everyone

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2014),Jem70  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You will do great @Penny75 - here for you if you have any questions or need to just voice any concerns!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Penny75  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls I have so much to say I don't know where to start. I've been reading along and felt compelled to join in this discussion. Firstly I'm so sorry to all of you who've had such a s**t time of it lately. Ivf is such a ball breaker, why do you think so many couples break up during the process. So for those of you doing it on your own you are amazing.
    I am one of Lynn's older patients and just turned 44 a month ago,I also did get pregnant using icsi and had my baby mid year this year. It wasn't easy though and I can tell you I would never put myself or my family through that again. And when I look back I think, how the hell did I do it. It took us 8 stim cycles trying every combination under the sun, including a failed pgd to get this pregnancy. I went full throttle and started my first ivf cycle just before I turned 41. So basically I did 8 Stims in 2 years. I always got eggs at pick up but we also had various problems including a cycle where none fertilised - totally demoralising, and a pgd where every egg was too fragile to be tampered with and thus collapsed. So that cycle went down the drain. We had 5 Stims in a row which were all bfns and then no 6 where there was a slight hint of hcg- I think it was 6, so once again pretty heartbreaking. My very first pregnancy with Lynn was a success, so to say, but resulted in a mc due to chromosomal issues. As I was getting closer to 43 my eggs were becoming fewer and fewer. And in the last cycle they collected 5, 1 was immature, 2 didn't make it to day 4 (that was a first for me)and the other 2 were implanted.

Sue I would speak to Lynn about surrogacy, she will be honest with you. Also I take it she's given you a hyst/lap and checked there are no issues with your uterus? I was convinced I had ashermans at one stage and kept bringing it up at our appointments, though she kept assuring me I didn't. Are you on vit e? When I finally did get the bfp I had one of my best linings ever. I put that to the fact I upped my vit e to 1500 a day . My girlfriend who is the same age advised me of this. She had a terrible lining throughout her ivfs, of which she did 12.She also noticed a big difference when she increased the vit e. You need to take these amounts for at least three months. As BiB mentioned I also took l' argentine, maca, myo inositol, fish oils, royal jelly, cq10, vit d. I was taking huge doses of everything towards the end. I ate no sugar, no caffeine no alcohol. Who knows if these things helped, but I think the more negative results I got the more desperate I became in doing anything I could.
    Also I've recently been told by someone, that she took 10 vitamin d a day to get her pregnancy. She's another over 40 and a Chinese medicine practioner. I haven't done the research myself but apparently a lot has come out of the usa recently regarding high doses of vit d. Might be worth investigating. She's adamant she will try again at age 45 doing the same thing. I thought vitamin d was toxic,
    anyway she has a very strong alert happy little boy same age as mine.

In terms of buying all the supplements I was getting mine from iherb too..

biscotti definitely get another opinion. I had a Skype appointment with genea, plus went to see Dr L of Monash and had another doctor look at my lining after cycle 7. My girlfriend moved herself and her frosties to cfc from LB after cycles not working out. Sometimes you just need a fresh approach, maybe the way your current clinic does things isn't right for you. Who are you with? I know cfc is very personable in that the doctors do everything, the egg pickup, the transfer, they even do all the phone follow ups. My friend was extremely happy with them. She'd had many problems previously and needed a change.

Kelly you have fallen pregnant naturally , haven't you? Well in my eyes it means you obviously can produce eggs and you can get to implantation. I too have wondered whether all the drugs were actually causing more harm than good. You know in the end the one that worked for me was the down reg using synarel and puregon, none of these new spangled high tech drugs on the market. The hgh and menopaur were just a waste of money on me. Dhea did nothing either. I took it for almost a year.
    My last appointment before I got pregnant LB told me we'd tried everything and there was nothing left. It was a very somber conversation. However we decided I'd try again and just do what I'd done previously. I remember feeling hopeless, so many other times I came out hopeful. So maybe it was luck, maybe it's a numbers game, maybe it was the vit e, who knows?
    in relation to changing the diet, I did do that. I ate high doses of protein rich foods every day during my last cycle.
    Kelly definitely go back to Melbourne ivf and do another cycle, what have you got to lose? I think it's worth mixing things up a little. I understand your dilemma in discussing Lynn's protocols with a different doctor, sometimes doctors don't want to step on other doctors feet. I remember feeling so bad getting second opinions. I felt like I was betraying LB. But at the end of the day you are striving to get a take home baby so you do everything possible to achieve this.
    The point about it being 'a numbers game' is true. I know one girl who did 15 cycles to get her first baby. Because I knew of her situation it really opened my mind to the fact that I may have needed the same amount. Out of three friends in our 40s it took me 8 Stims, my girlfriend 8 Stims and 4 fets, and my friends sister 15 to get a take home baby. So yes it is a numbers game, I think the question is how many cycles is each and everyone of us able to tolerate.

To everyone else, you offer such great support to each other. This is a great group you have here. It's really important to have people around you who are going through the same thing. It's a tough journey this ivf business but it is possible.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Team panda For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (25-11-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (22-11-2014),faithandhopellove  (22-11-2014),Jem70  (22-11-2014),Kelly70  (22-11-2014),Nereid  (22-11-2014),Penny75  (22-11-2014),SJ565  (22-11-2014),SpringRain  (22-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Team panda thank you so much - your post had so many things in it that I wanted to hear! So glad you played the long game and got you angel!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Team panda  (23-11-2014)