Closed Thread
Page 11 of 102 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Kelly70 I am really enjoying my break away from the world of IVF, enjoying coffee and a few drinks and living life. I turn 40 on Tuesday so wanted to be able to enjoy that and then the next month is Xmas and my FS is away so I will do a FET in late Jan early Feb.
    One of my 2 friends who know I am doing IVF told me yesterday she is pregnant with her 2nd, she hasn't wanted to tell me incase it upset me. I am so happy for her but was also a little sad, she was so kind and thoughtful to think about my feelings and she kept saying it is so unfair that it happened so easily for her and her DH. I'm glad she didn't tell me 4 weeks ago when I was an emotional wreck because I handled the news pretty well, still stings though.
    I'm sorry you have to go through this sole searching, it is really $hit that it has to be so hard and there isn't anything we can do about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    @Biscotti71 - don't take it personally - this is something I reckon nearly all of us have experienced re no follow up from the various clinic/FS post failed cycle. It's gutting and makes you wonder if that's due to you being over 40 and a difficult case/not good for stats. But I just think it's down to the fact that ivf now is big business - they are that freaking busy and successful, that they simply cannot, and don't need to, follow up clients after a failed cycle. Having said that - were you not contacted by the nurse at all? You did a medicated timed BD right?

Regardless - I think a change of clinic is as good as a holiday - you'll feel better mentally trying a fresh clinic/doc/plan. Switch I reckon. You're in victoria right, which clinic were you at? Can you try Monash/Lynn (might be a couple months but that's okay).
    Hi Kel,
    Yep - it was medicated timed BD. At Monash.....
    Fresh eyes could be key.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Biscotti - it really sucks when they don't follow up. I did 6 cycles at Monash and for the most part they were great but I found that follow up/compassion/empathy depended on the nurse, so if you change FS you'll get a different nurse, some were lovely and some had obviously been there too long and lost their warm fuzzies. I guess at the end if the day we need them to get the science right - the rest is what tjis thread and your family and friends can pitch in for 😊. Good luck lovely - you deserve success on your next cycle xxx

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it just me or is being forced to have a BT when you already have a BFN on HPT and AF has come and gone the definition of adding insult to injury?

To try and be positive - it was nice to get home to a letter saying I have one frostbite available - fragmented and a long shot - but better than nothing!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (17-11-2014),Kelly70  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay you're back @Jem70!! How was the flight home?? Not so bad in business I suspect. Did you have BT today? Yes it sucks royally having to have it when you already know. I wonder why they make you. I think they think POAS is not conclusive. One fragmented frostie is better than no frosties!! Fragmented embryos can become take home babies too.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome home @Jem70, my clinic will only do a BT with a +ve POAS, much less intrusive.
    I have heard of lots of success stories with crap embryos and I have had 5 failures with 'good looking embryos' so I don't think you can rule it out. @Kelly70 how are you feeling a week down the track?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Kelly70 and @littlesparrow74 how are you both going?

i must admit after 6 months of cycling and 3 attempts they finally got a tear out of me today. It is just stupid. And the fact other clinics don't do it proves it is not essential.

Onwards - yes I've heard many stories of the less perfect embies being the winners.
    @Sue77 and @Nereid - thinking of you - hope you are ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Sparrow, not too bad - flat moments here and there still (which I'm sure you can relate to).. Still finding it hard to accept none of my 3 eggs would fert - Lynn said the long stim shouldn't have affected them but it's playing on my mind a little. I'm still wandering mentally between thoughts of quitting here and thoughts of another cycle (on a higher dose and over a normal timeframe hopefully) next year and when I might do that. If I might leave it til Feb and pull out all the stops for 3 months with weekly acu/Chinese meds and every supplement known to man (as per @BlondeinBrisvegas list - would prob get back on the dhea despite the greasy hair). Just finding it hard to muster up any interest or momentum in it right now - so I'm going to give myself more time and I know I'll work it out.

Funny you mentioned changing your diet @Jem70 - I pondered the thought of going Atkins or some kind of high protein/low carb shenanigans but jeez, hard to know how much of it really does anything.

Anyone read 'the infertility cure'?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi guys, Jem welcome back. I had failures with 'grade a' embies some nothing is off limits.

Kelly, I seriously think its just pure luck if we get pregnant, I tried everything early on including supplements but they didn't do anything really, just plays with our minds so we feel like we are doing something proactive.

I've been ok, Angela had her first lot of immunization shots. Was quite traumatic when she screamed but she had no side effects thankfully.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome home @Jem70, so sorry you had that ridiculous bt to face. Will you go straight into an fet with remaining embie?

@Sue77 I've been thinking of you and hope you're doing ok.

I've been up and down this time, and taking it harder than I thought I would. Perhaps that numbness of grieving for my dad has warn off a bit and reality is seeping in.

@Kelly70 Such big decisions ahead for you. I really admire your energy and initiative. I'm feeling quite flat right now too, all part of the grieving process I suppose.

I agree with you, @Helsbaby, about the luck playing a big role. My FS, Bill Watkins, seems to approach things that way, that it's primarily a numbers game. It's hard to hear sometimes because we want and need strategies to hold onto, especially when time is short, but in the end there's that miraculous element of this process that we just can't understand or replicate. Of course that only comes into play once you are getting embies to transfer though. I guess that's one of the reasons embryo grading and PGD might not be for everyone. I'm still going to be cheering on the dodgy embies, that's for sure

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nereid For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (16-11-2014)