Closed Thread
Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,018 of 1018
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That's such great news on your brother @Kelly70! I hope you're doing something fab as a family to celebrate.

You guys weren't kidding were you?! The scratch/biopsy was excruciating. It was the catheter. OMG. Lynn wanted to stop half way through and do it on another day after I'd been sedated. But I insisted she finished the job. Did I mention it was EXCRUCIATING!! God only knows what the poor people in her waiting room could hear!! The scratch/biopsy itself was fine as was the recovery, no probs there thank goodness.
    So it's Valium and Panadeine Forte for embryo transfer. As you guys already know, apparently there's higher conception rates among women who aren't in pain during the transfer. I guess that was nature's intention! Would you suggest adding any other pain killing drug? I'll get some-one to drive me home.
    Then I did an hour with my FN which wasn't long enough to learn how to do everything. I had to dash to pick my LO up.
    Lynn has done me a script for 5-MTHF (active folic acid) re my MTHFR and referred me to Peter Allan the immunologist. Has any-one else seen him? I get my NK cell biopsy results on Monday arvo. Repeat Ureaplasma DNA came back clear so as least there's not another course of Doxy to take.
    The general jist of what I'll be on is Gonal F 300, Menopur 150, Orgalutran .25, Pregnyl, Pregnyl booster, Clexane, Crinone 8% gel. Any tips on these drugs?
    I now appreciate that two 3D embryos would be a great result.
    I've gone from being relaxed and going with the flow to now being completely and totally overwhelmed. Being single and undergoing this has finally hit me...like a brick.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Tahli Oh Luv, I'm sorry it was so bloody painful for you All done now and that's the first/last time as well!!

For transfer Wazza gave me valium and a pethidine shot about an hr prior By the time he did the transfer it was "Pain?? What pain???" He did prescribe me Endone for Scratch number 2 on my final Cycle (and I also popped a few Valium prior for good measure in lieu of the "stiff scotch" he recommends!!). Oh, and he also gives you a "take home" pack of Valium to have that night too (after ET) and then that's it

Yeeeaahhh...don't know that LB would be up for any of that for you (doesn't hurt to ask) but I think a hefty dose of the Panadeine Forte + 10mg's of Valium should do the job nicely for you

I know there's video's on Youtube that show you how to do everything if you need some help. Yep, that looks similar to the protocol I was on. I used to ice up my stomach 3-5 mins before injecting the Clexane as that helped take the "ouch" factor out of the injections plus helped minimise bruising. As Clexane is a blood thinner, be prepared for lots of ugly bruising and bleeding a bit more/longer than normal if, for eg, you were to cut your finger or yourself shaving etc.

The Menopur/Pregnyl can be fiddly as you have to make them up. They are the one's I'd be going to Youtube to familiarise myself with as it's a bit difficult to explain it all here. The Crinone will cause a "cottage cheese" type build up after a few days. I just used to have a "clean out' every couple of days in the shower to get it out (I know, it sounds vile, but you'll understand what I mean).

That's good about getting the active folic acid. I don't know a lot about the MTHFR gene, @Leisylou does I'm pretty sure, but my understanding is that you need that particular folic acid. Glad to hear your other results have come back clear. for Monday's biopsy results!!

It does feel overwhelming especially with all the drugs etc , that part I can understand. I can only imagine how much more full on it is doing it by yourself, but you know what?? You can and will do this Luv Once the shock of today wears off and you know what's what with learning how to do the drugs, you'll feel far more confident about things I'm sure

We're all here to help you as well if you need it. LB's concoction of goodies gets you accross the line to a sticky BFP!!!
    Last edited by BlondeinBrisvegas; 18-06-2015 at 19:12.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wonderful news re your brother @Kelly70
    @Tahli lots of good advice there from @BlondeinBrisvegas. Definitely ice before the clexane injections, it makes a huge difference to the pain and bruising. I also second watching videos on youtube on how to prepare the menopur and pregnyl, they helped me heaps.

Being single and going through IVF is hard but with the support of a select few family members/friends and the wonderful group of ladies here, I managed to find my way through it and you will too There's always someone here who can empathise with whatever you're going through and offer great advice.
    Sending lots of baby dust your way

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Penny75 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),Tahli  (21-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks beautiful girls - my brother also got results today on his bone marrow biopsy (which is where he had the scary transformed aggressive lymphoma if you guys recall) and he's had 100% response there as well!!! No cancer anywhere so he's officially in remission and not even finished treatment yet!!! Frakking incredible result as not everyone responds to the drugs with this disease.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (19-06-2015),Corbes  (19-06-2015),missybear  (19-06-2015),Vixjc  (19-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Kelly70 "Celebrate good times.... C'mon!!"

Bloody fantastic Luv!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay........that's great news @Kelly70 👍👍👍👍🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 that is the best news - so so happy!

hope this is the beginning of a chain of good things for you and the next is you long overdue BFP! Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    New thread over here ladies .

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

missybear  (21-06-2015),ScubaGal  (21-06-2015)