Closed Thread
Page 10 of 102 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh you are still in the US, I forgot!! It could be real then.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (13-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Jem70: Forgot you were still in the US too...pls let it be real!!😊

@Sue77: I can't remember as it was a while ago Luv I'm sorry. But there are Girls in the Over 40's thread that have or are testing with either CGH or PGD. I know quite a few of them on there @ know they won't mind if you crash the thread @ ask them for advice. They will help if they canxoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @BlondeinBrisvegas and @Kelly70 conned by the ingredients list! oh well. Is the online dhea any good?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 20/8/15100 Posts in a week - week ended 13/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 6/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 30/7/15
    @Jem70: No..it's my fault for forgetting to mention about the compounding @ homeopathic variety. Another "blonde bimbo" moment courtesy of yours truly. Can u get a refund Luv? So sorry😦

Have no idea about online purchases as I always had mine compounded but other BH's have posted in the past about a site called iherb.com It's American I believe. Or else thread crash the Over 40's @ ask the Girls therexo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi one and all, this has been a tricky read and I'm flooded with sadness for you - IVF is a biatch. I'm feeling for you as a fellow IVFer. The lows are really low. I was SURE one of you were the next baby mumma. Damn. I hope you find peace and strength. But that can be harder said than done..... Speak nicely to yourself. And remember some people don't even have the gift of living to 40 or 45 or into old age. One of my best friends has been diagnosed with the most aggressive form of ALS and will be gone by Christmas. We went out for lunch and I had to cut up her food - she is so weak. It was a reality check for me.
    AFM I've had a lovely break from ivf and the all consuming journey for a few weeks now. Even had a hangover or two from catching up with friends and thinking I could guzzle down Champers like was standard before my body was detoxed IVF- style. Lol. It's been good. The break was bloody cathartic. But along the way - have found that all the grief from failed cycles - buried deep down - would rise up with the hangover. Not good. Yes, alcohol is a depressant. Danger. But as everything has returned to "normal" I've found strength returning. The sadness has ebbed and faded, replaced by a new determination to have one more try with my own eggs.
    There is one thing troubling me. I need advice......
    Since beginning my last cycle, no one from my clinic has contacted me. Not frickin one phone call. Not the FS, not the FN, not the secretary. Zilch. And I still have to have a blood test to complete this cycle with them and get the Medicare refund etc. I'm thinking WTF??!!!! It's so rude.
    Has anyone else just been "dumped"?
    Am I paranoid? Or stupid?
    So. Question to you all. Go back to this FS or someone else for my last shot?
    I think since this FS knows my history etc just go there - but I wonder are they really trying with me, they don't seem to care that much. Sigh.
    What do y'all think?
    Big cyber hugs my IVF sisters xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Sue I'm so sorry to hear your news and feel terrible that you are going through this after knowing you had genetically sound embryos. It's even worse that there are no answers either. Take care of your health firstly then see what FS can recommend. I know people who get BfNs with donor eggs so sometimes you have to wonder. Lots of hugs.

Biscotti, good to hear from you again.

Jem and Kelly how are you both feeling ?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Biscotti71 - don't take it personally - this is something I reckon nearly all of us have experienced re no follow up from the various clinic/FS post failed cycle. It's gutting and makes you wonder if that's due to you being over 40 and a difficult case/not good for stats. But I just think it's down to the fact that ivf now is big business - they are that freaking busy and successful, that they simply cannot, and don't need to, follow up clients after a failed cycle. Having said that - were you not contacted by the nurse at all? You did a medicated timed BD right?

Regardless - I think a change of clinic is as good as a holiday - you'll feel better mentally trying a fresh clinic/doc/plan. Switch I reckon. You're in victoria right, which clinic were you at? Can you try Monash/Lynn (might be a couple months but that's okay).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 and @BlondeinBrisvegas I checked the ingredients list and it says melatonin 5mg - the homeopathic ones normally say melatonin 6x in aus.

i reckon you can tell if it Knocks you out
    @Biscotti71 i am going to stay where I am but 'self medicate' so to speak. I love @BlondeinBrisvegas tips - I think her FS is the Lynn of the North I'm very interested in the splitting over morning and night for more even growth - I have a real challenge in this area.

for anyone who hasn't tried it I strongly recommend AACEP protocol. I went from 1 egg cycle one to 7 and 4 cycle 2 and 3 - my quality has been very good for fertilisation, I just chromosomally challenged.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (14-11-2014),BlondeinBrisvegas  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Biscotti71: Firstly, I'm so sorry to hear that about your friend😦 I can't imagine how she must be feeling the poor Luv @ so young too! Life is so bloody cruel sometimes😦 It must be gutwrenching for you to watch this happening to her but good on you for being there for her. And I agree..it certainly does put things into perspective that's for sure.

Sounds like your time out was what you needed to do in order to find that inner strength to give things another go. And it is a grieving process that you go through when dealing with the hurt of past Cycle failures I believe. I agree you come out the other side stronger which gives you the courage to try again.

I'm sorry about your FC's lack of follow up. When I read your post I thought "How bloody rude" myself but I think @Kelly70 is right @ that you end up falling through the cracks due to the high volume of people they've no doubt got coming @ going. Still makes you feel like $hit though.

Regarding staying with your current FS or not, I think if I was in your shoes I'd at least get a second opinion from another FS @ see what he/she says. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes can make all the difference particularly if your current FS just wants to do the same old same old protocol @ not try different things.

Anyhoo..that's my 2c worth. Hope you don't mind me sticking my oar in. Good Luck for your next Cycle Luv!!! I'll be cheering you @ all the other Girls on from the sidelines😊

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BlondeinBrisvegas For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (14-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Helsbaby - I'm feeling better but still up and down. I wake up in the morning and remember with a thud. Still can't believe I didn't even get to transfer. 3 epus and only one transfer, I mean the quality of my eggs must be really ****e as well as low. Need more time to decide whether it's worth trying again or if I find a way to move on somehow.
    @littlesparrow74 - how you travelling and any FETs in the pipeline?