+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've started baking on the weekends and freezing in single portions. So I made banana, raspberry and oat loaf yesterday. Cut into slices, wrapped, labelled and put into the freezer. So there's two weeks of morning teas sorted. Every other week or so I make up something new so we have a good mix of things.

The kids love cold meatballs eaten with those cute little plastic toothpicks you can get from daiso or most Asian grocers. Just cute little coloured pics on them to make them fun instead of a fork.

Also dd loves fried fruit. Super easy to make- just thin slices of anything, single layer on a low temp for a few hrs until chewy. It's like homemade fruit straps. But way better for you since it's pure fruit. : )

We also just got some freezable containers from aldo - of all places. The lid and container have freezer gel in them. So I can make yoghurt, banana slices and cinnamon for ds for school and it stays cold for ages.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (05-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I only pack a husband lunch but thought some ideas could be useful! Boiled peeled egg. Bliss balls (mine are date based) Celery/carrot sticks. Fresh broccoli. Homemade hummus (keeps well in fridge if you use a little each day) pineapple skewers - I saw these in the Coles freezer section today with the frozen berries and thought they were interesting. If pineapple is cheap where you are you could make your own. Cheese sticks (make your own or buy pre packaged they make real cheese ones now, not plastic I think they're bega?)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to #Mama For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (05-01-2015)