+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your having a theme, google and get ideas.

What you have sound great so far.

I would just like to say (in the nicest possible way) that i hate birthday parties that at ALL SUGAR. It drives me crazy.
    I went to a 5th birthday a few days ago and it was 90% sugary things. My kids are pretty good when it comes to birthday parties but they are kids and kids love lollies etc. The only thing that wasnt sugary was pizza and cheese and crackers. Everything else was sugary...cake, slushy, juice, chocolate, cupcakes, soooo many lollies, fairy bread, and lollies...did i mention lollies. DD power vomited (even though i was watching what she ate) afterwards.
    Im not saying birthday parties should be all healthy, but please try and get some healthy stuff in.

FYI, this birthday party was over dinner too

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks everyone. It was a hot and hectic morning. We got to the park at 8:45 and the shade shelters were all taken . So I dropped DH off and he reserved the shadiest spot we could find and I went home and got our folding table and raced back to the park. Party guest were arriving and we just had to put a couple of them to work. Plus we had no chairs so we all had to sit on the ground but it was nice and relaxed and everyone was chatting.

I left the jelly cups in the esky and the kids knew where to get them after a while. I over catered but better to have too much than not enough.

DH and I have decided to buy a pop up shelter thingy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    This is the cake. It was such a dismal failure. I always go into these things thinking I can just wing it, but that just ain't the case. I really need to do a cake decorating course. The cake is Disney Princess meets Avengers. We have had to eat a lot if kinder surprises to get the princesses, still don't have Belle though.

cake.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (15-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well we had practically the whole of Orleigh Park (in West End ) to ourselves as it turned out! G20 emptied the city out! Got a prime shelter by the river, saw the police boats going by, we only had a small group, but with the heat it was actually pretty chilled out! Where did you go SPG?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I honestly would have assumed West End would have been too hard to get to so I guess others would have too. We went to Whites Hill Recreation Reserve. It is a good park but it would be great if there were a few more shelters.

It was hot but still enjoyable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whites Hill is awesome..... You're right though, not enough shelters. West End was dead quiet and almost no traffic to get there! Not looking forward to 40 degrees tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your cake looks fantastic (im a cake designer). I always tell parents who are making their kids cakes...the is only ONE judge. The birthday child. If the birthday child looks at it and say 'Oh, wow mummy and smiles, Its a success!!! This cake was made with love and thats all that matters!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by loislane2010 View Post
    Your cake looks fantastic (im a cake designer). I always tell parents who are making their kids cakes...the is only ONE judge. The birthday child. If the birthday child looks at it and say 'Oh, wow mummy and smiles, Its a success!!! This cake was made with love and thats all that matters!!!
    Thank you for giving me that perspective. I wish you had been with me yesterday morning at 1 am when I was considering binning the whole thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

loislane2010  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How interesting, my dd2 turned 5 on November 10th too, and had her party yesterday as well.. Also early, although to avoid the storm (Melb).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mmaf View Post
    How interesting, my dd2 turned 5 on November 10th too, and had her party yesterday as well.. Also early, although to avoid the storm (Melb).
    Hope your DD had a nice time.