+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The party is in just over 12 hours. Do you think I could make the sandwiches tonight or should I do it early in the morning? They are ham and cheese and chicken/celery/almond/mayo sandwiches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Make them first thing in the morning - maybe cut up cheese or fillings now so your ready to go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Make them first thing in the morning - maybe cut up cheese or fillings now so your ready to go
    Agreed. You could make up the chicken mix the night before, but I'd make the sandwiches in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We're doing DD's 2nd birthday tomorrow too! In a Brisbane park at 10am...gonna be a hot one! Hope people turn up!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeGirl View Post
    We're doing DD's 2nd birthday tomorrow too! In a Brisbane park at 10am...gonna be a hot one! Hope people turn up!
    I know. I keep thinking it will be so hot it scares everyone off...or everyone decided to go away at the last minute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I know. I keep thinking it will be so hot it scares everyone off...or everyone decided to go away at the last minute.
    We have the opposite problem - DS has his party in the park tomorrow and it's going to be really wet in melbourne. So annoying!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Good call on the jelly cups. She loves jelly. Last year I made 5 tiered Rainbow jelly cups. Took hours.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Just a tip on the jelly cups, only put a certain amount out and keep the rest in an esky if you can.

I had them at ds party a few weeks ago and it wasn't overly hot but they all turned to liquid after awhile.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep with the jelly cups try putting them in the freezer an hour before the party as PP said they will go soft quite quickly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know it's too late for you OP, but when we were kids Mum used to make jelly oranges. You cut an orange in half, juice it then scrape out the rest of the pulp/pith and fill your orange halves with jelly. Once set you can cut into quarters. We loved this as kids, plus we got fresh OJ too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I just had DS super hero party and made a captain America shield out of fruit and marshmallows which looked really cool and I do fairy bread sticks - melted white chocolate over a plain bread stick and sprinkle with hundreds and thousands or edible glitter - the kids seem to prefer these over the bread
    Have you got a picture of the captain America fruit platter. My sil would love this, she's totally obsessed with captain america! For her 21st she had a video game party and I made a pacman fruit platter for her.